TX TX - Pauline Diaz, 63, San Antonio, 7 Dec 2010

A $20 thousand reward has been offered to anyone that would lead to her remains and capture whoever kidnapped or killed her.

Read More at: http://news4sanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/20000-reward-missing-mom-18280.shtml

Just three days before she vanished, Diaz told her estranged husband that she planned to divorce him. Investigators have questioned the man who lives in a mobile home Diaz purchased for him in Wilson County.
"I do believe that we will find her and give her a decent burial," said her daughter Juanita Diaz.
The family is having a mass said in her honor on Sunday, Dec. 7 at Mission San Juan Capistrano.

Pauline has been missing for 4 years today.
Photos of Mission San Juan Capistrano in San Antonio. http://www.nps.gov/media/photo/gallery.htm?id=CE870A46-155D-451F-67A769AFFC8242D8

Grandmother Still Missing 5 Years After Disappearance

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/grandmother-still-missing-5-years-after-disappearance-18142.shtml#.VmZzl7grLIU

It's been 5 years since a local grandmother vanished on the South Side.

Even though the years go by, it's like time has stopped for Diaz’s family.

“Still have her Christmas presents from 2010,” said her daughter Juanita Diaz.

Now Juanita only sees her mom in her dreams.

Family still searching for missing mom

Pauline Diaz's 69th birthday was this past Sunday.

http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/family-still-searching-for-missing-mom

For more than five and a half years the family of Pauline Diaz has been desperate to find her.

"The not knowing where she is, it's killing us, whether she is alive or she has passed", said daughter Juanita Diaz.

Diaz will turn 69 this Sunday, "knowing her birthday is coming up and she's not with us hurts us."

ea4365dc-3ed7-47b8-abe9-3966271be730-large16x9_PaulineDiaz.png

FLORESVILLE, Texas - Authorities spent four hours Monday afternoon digging for the body of an elderly woman last seen in 2010.

Wilson County officials did not find anything suspicious at Pauline Diaz' husband's old home in Floresville. Pedro Ruiz, who does not live in the county anymore, is still a person of interest in Diaz' case. There could be more properties in Bexar County to search for Diaz' body, officials said.
Authorities digging for body of missing Pauline Diaz in Floresville

NOV 13, 2020
These San Antonio residents vanished and have never been found (mysanantonio.com)
[...]

1200x0.jpg

Pauline Diaz, 63, was last seen in December 2010. She was spotted on security camera footage driving away from the H-E-B where she worked on Goliad Road and and Southeast Military Drive.

Diaz was supposed to be heading to the Wilson County home of her estranged husband, Pedro "Pete" Ruiz. Her truck was later found on a road that leads to the home.

Eight years later, Wilson County deputies dug of parts of the property where the couple once lived after receiving a tip in the case.

"It’s covered back up now," Sheriff Joe Tackitt said after the unsuccessful search. "There wasn’t anything there."

Ruiz has never been charged in the case. Diaz's disappearance remains unsolved.

Anyone with information about Barclay is asked to contact the Texas Department of Public Safety at 800-346-3243.

[...]

FEB 25, 2021
Tip leads to dig in south Bexar County for woman missing since 2010 (ksat.com)
The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office spent two hours searching and digging for signs of a woman missing since December 2010.

Sheriff Javier Salazar said a cold case investigator recently received a tip from a man who remembered several years ago that he saw a mound of dirt that may have been a shallow grave in the area of the 14400 block of Old Corpus Christi Road in Elmendorf.

The investigator believed the tip might be related to the case of Pauline Diaz, who was last seen leaving her job at the H-E-B on Southeast Military and Goliad on December 7, 2010.

But Salazar said on Thursday that after two hours of work, no evidence was found to help investigators.

[...]

JUL 24, 2023

SAN ANTONIO — A celebration of life is bening held Monday for a San Antonio woman missing for more than 12 years.

Pauline Diaz was last seen after her shift at a H-E-B on the south east side in 2010.

Her family will gather to mark another birthday without her. They spoke with KENS 5 reporter Sarah Duran as they continue their search for answers.

More at Celebration of life to be held for woman missing more than 12 years

Paula Martinez is the daughter of Pauline Diaz. Diaz was last seen in an H-E-B parking lot in 2010. Martinez says their family has been shaken to the core.

"It's been like a horrible roller coaster ride," Martinez said.

"We're still searching, and we will continue one way or another. We're not going to let here just fade." Martinez added.

The sisters have missing person’s magnets with her picture and information about her disappearance on their vehicles, hoping it triggers someone to call in tips. On Sunday, Juanita said a woman walked up to her truck and ripped the magnet off. The truck was parked in front of her home and it was around 9 a.m.

“She parks next to the truck. She gets off. As she starts ripping it off the vehicle and then gets back in her vehicle,” she said. “I don’t know who this lady is. Apparently, this person might know something, and she’s just afraid that, you know, she could be part of it, of my mom’s missing.”

Juanita said the silhouette is hard to make out, but she believes the vehicle that drives her is reddish in color. She said the theft comes just days after the family did a missing person’s podcast and thinks it might be a threat against them.

“I think these people want it to end. Want me to shut up? And I’d say ‘any more and just drop it?’ But I’m not,” she said.

Juanita has made a report with the San Antonio Police Department and has also notified detectives in her mother’s disappearance case about it, in case there’s a link. She has a message to whoever took her magnet.

“If you want this story to stop, then you need to give us our answers and we will stop putting my mom out there. But until then, we are always going to speak for my mom until she is brought home. Until we get our answers,” Juanita said.
Photo Courtesy Juanita Diaz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back