MO - Dr. Tatjana Kopric, 35, Kansas City, 18 September 1980

''Pharmacy student Richard Bocklage went on the run in September 1980 after slaying fiancée Dr Tanya Kopric in a car park in Kansas City.

He was recognised by several eyewitness, and his abandoned car was found in Canada shortly afterward. He has a capital murder rap on his head- but where is he now?''

''Forensic artist Hew Morrison created this aged image of murderer Richard Bocklage at 65.''

1665709150385.png

Richard Bocklage as a teenager in 1972,1974 and 1975
1665709323306.png

Possible match? I wonder what suggests that he had extreme fever. The hair, nose, and eyebrows appear to be spot on.View attachment 364032

I sent this in to the agency in charge of the case a week ago. No reply. Not sure how they will ever prove it's him without dental records. Would one of his family members have to give DNA?

The only thing that doesn't match is the height. Richard was between 6' 0'' and 6' 2''. This Bow River UID is said to be 5' 8'' max. It's not unheard of for a match's height to be off a little but who knows.

The shirt the Bow River John Doe was found in with that kind of collar is Bocklage's style. Also strikingly similar is the divet between the nasal procerus and forehead.

@mothwings I spent a looong time once trying to track down how a ME can tell that a person might have had a severe fever as a young child. It was frustrating because the search terms didn't want to play nicely. But dang if I don't remember why and I'm getting frustrated trying to find it again! IIRC it has to do with some sort of marking or discoloration of the teeth.

@mothwings I spent a looong time once trying to track down how a ME can tell that a person might have had a severe fever as a young child. It was frustrating because the search terms didn't want to play nicely. But dang if I don't remember why and I'm getting frustrated trying to find it again! IIRC it has to do with some sort of marking or discoloration of the teeth.

Well, lookkee here, you're spot on:

A systemic condition during tooth development, such as high fever, can produce a pattern of enamel defects in the dentition. Knowing the timing of tooth development permits estimates about the timing of the disturbance.

Well, lookkee here, you're spot on:

A systemic condition during tooth development, such as high fever, can produce a pattern of enamel defects in the dentition. Knowing the timing of tooth development permits estimates about the timing of the disturbance.

Thanks for that. I never heard back from the agency in charge of the Bow River John Doe. However, I have since noticed a major discrepancy in height between Bocklage and this John Doe. So it is unlikely it is him. Plus, it seems they would have found missing sweat glands or surgical scars under the underarms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back