Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered, too, if all the family were asked for comments on whatever story allegedly someone was trying to sell about Nicola? So they all knew about these threats. Or did one person tell rest of relatives someone was trying to sell a story. And it might not have been about Nikki. Could be an ex with enlightening background on someone in the family. Something they wanted to stamp on quick.
The family may well have known. It’s very difficult because I’m guessing the family don’t really want to comment on all this but I think if something untrue had been said then they would have made a statement (just IMO). With the benefit of hindsight, we didn’t need to know about the alcohol issues or menopause problems, and an inquest will establish what happened.

Can I just stress I haven't seen anything that means a positive ID has been made on the body discovered, and it's still uncertain how it got to that point in the river? Unless anyone knows it is Nicola and has seen something I haven't? I hope it's not her.

Whilst there's not been a formal identification, it's thought to be a females body, 1 mile downstream of where Nicola Bulley went missing. No other people have been reported missing in that area. So it's not confirmed it's her, but it's all but a formality at this point.

<modsnip - not an approved source> For me the telling point is no friend or family member of NB denying it once the details came out.
Very good observation. With the voice her friends have managed to have in the hunt for her, you'd think they would have spoken out if that wasn't true.

I imagine police will have confirmed this with her doctor too. They won't just take her partners word for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Sky Television footage where they retraced her steps on that fateful morning, I noticed something which stood out. As they are heading toward the white tent and bench where her phone and leash were discovered, they pass a very decrepit abandoned old out-building. It’s easy to secrete oneself on a side and surprise someone walking past. It gives off Creepy vibes in excess.

I’m just curious as to the type of police tests which have been conducted in and around this specific apocalyptic looking shack. I can see a scenario where this building could have easily been included in the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and worse (and possible ID forthcoming).

In the Sky Television footage where they retraced her steps on that fateful morning, I noticed something which stood out. As they are heading toward the white tent and bench where her phone and leash were discovered, they pass a very decrepit abandoned old out-building. It’s easy to secrete oneself on a side and surprise someone walking past. It gives off Creepy vibes in excess.

I’m just curious as to the type of police tests which have been conducted in and around this specific apocalyptic looking shack. I can see a scenario where this building could have easily been included in the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and worse (and possible ID forthcoming).
Apparently it's famously tidal. And apparenty, there was a high tide the day before. It's so heartbreaking.

It will be helpful, given the level of interest in the case, if the police expressly confirm they have searched all surrounding buildings etc. Again, I think they may not have got everything right but I assume they did that at least when looking for NB.

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed> She could have been totally sober that day. But if she had a drinking problem affecting her then that was nothing to be ashamed of, but could explain how a healthy woman her age might drown.

Of course she could have had a medical episode totally unrelated for example. I am mindful of projecting because I’m an alcoholic but I’ve seen a lot of people rush to say: “well maybe NB didn’t have a problem” which I think is their own projection. I’m personally from the reporting sure NB did have issues but equally sure not her fault or a moral failing of any kind.

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed> She could have been totally sober that day. But if she had a drinking problem affecting her then that was nothing to be ashamed of, but could explain how a healthy woman her age might drown.

Of course she could have had a medical episode totally unrelated for example. I am mindful of projecting because I’m an alcoholic but I’ve seen a lot of people rush to say: “well maybe NB didn’t have a problem” which I think is their own projection. I’m personally from the reporting sure NB did have issues but equally sure not her fault or a moral failing of any kind.
I totally think she wasn't drunk. It would've been the anxiety. Imagine you get police-interaction after hurting a partner or yourself?! Awful. The anxiety would totally throw you. Or total accident.

What actually pi**es me off is that she was there all the time? It's not it was like ten miles away but less then two?? This is teribble. And this is my local police force! I'm only ten miles away!

Ehh. This happens a lot. Missing people are found close to where they were last seen. JJ Day was found less than a mile away from where he parked his car (though nobody considered the possibility that he was in the river).

What actually pi**es me off is that she was there all the time? It's not it was like ten miles away but less than two?? This is teribble. And this is my local police force! I'm only ten miles away!
I am thinking about Naya Rivera — although in a more difficult to search and deeper body of water, I understand they only found her once her body rose to the surface. Sounds like how NB was found. It’s difficult to find bodies in bodies of water so this became more of a mystery than it might have been. She must (barring foul play which I think will shortly be ruled out) have been there the whole time :(

Not all walkers have dogs. Some people just walk for the sheer pleasure of it.
A nice river walk on a Sunday morning. News reports said "walkers" it didn't specify "dog walkers".
Most media outlets have mentioned the dog, eg Sky news page:

'It is understood that a man and a woman walking their dog near to the river called the police to report seeing a person in the water, with officers then launching a search.'
Nicola Bulley's partner's 'agony' after police searching for her recover body from river

Been lurking on here and following this case and personally think the criticism of the police has been over the top especially when you consider everyone isn't privy to all the details of the case. If sadly this body does turn out to be Nicola than in my opinion it further points towards the police having other strong evidence and indication pointing towards mental health problems leading to her death hence the heavy focus on the river from the start. Got to remember the police will have drawn up a full profile of her based on work life, relationships, financial details, health records, internet history, etc. I feel it was a shame they had to release details of her struggles but that sort of gave an hint towards what looks the likely outcome. Just my opinion but it seems logical that the welfare check on the 10th January probably along with other details pointed towards a potential suicide.

Explanation on earlier post. It’s time and tested family police press routine. This is the night Mr Ansell needs to pay a short tribute, to appear in tomo paper followed by longer, more poignant family ones in the week. It will all have been organized with prearranged people. These systems have been honed over the years to stop victims being hassled by all the papers at once. IMO, it would have looked bad if Mr Ansell wasn’t given opportunity to express his sorrow at this time. It will be the lead Interest. When a world lead, celeb national treasure dies, they don’t say oh leave out any tribute. We’ll say something some other time. mr Ansell is being awarded the same courtesy.
Thank you. Really helpful to know the process and the systems in place which stop victims from being pursued by all of the papers and, at the same time, give victims the courtesy of asking of paying a short tribute and a longer tribute later in the week. Much appreciated to understand the systems in place.

<modsnip - referenced post was removed for no source/rumor>

Just a FYI for those that might not know this... we can't discuss nor link to anything read on SM (Social Media). We should state if something is our opinion (JMO, IMO, MOO, etc.), or link to the MSM (MainStream Media) source. Just a FYI. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member