Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's semantics! Thank you for your service, and please step down, now. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, but. I wish that he'd at least accept responsibility...he could have said she could. be. trapped in the reeds...without his comments, a lot of. people would have accepted she might be in the water and. not taken matters into their own. hands or had. false hope

I agree it's appalling behaviour, but how exactly would it slow down the identification?
I assume it would make the recovery of the body more difficult as resources are tied up.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but. I wish that he'd at least accept responsibility...he could have said she could. be. trapped in the reeds...without his comments, a lot of. people would have accepted she might be in the water and. not taken matters into their own. hands or had. false hope
Agreed. He played a big role in questioning the police approach and generally stirring up the press. I don’t blame him for what happened, but if the LP erred in telling us about her struggles, it was in no small part because people like him were out roiling the public. And I’m sorry but he is gonna have to work a lot harder if he expects to walk back his assertion that she definitely wasn’t in the river (with or without the info about her struggles).

I assume it would make the recovery of the body more difficult as resources are tied up.
Yes, possibly. But once the body is recovered (as it was, yesterday afternoon) the identification isn't affected.
Anyway, on to the press conference...

Sky news and ITV (and the rest of the press) getting a well deserved telling off from the family!

Edited to say: I’m not sure “telling off” are the right words to use, but I can’t quite think of the words now. The family statement was very emotional.

RIP Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members