SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the murder related questions people here would like the prosecution to ask tomorrow?

For me:
1. If you had just seen MH at the kennel, why did you need to call/text her a number of times to tell you were going to Alameda?

2. On direct, it was unclear which way you tried to move PM to check on him. You said on the side of the car. What does that mean?

3. What was the conversation you had with MM and PM at dinner? What topics were discussed?

4. There was an email about pills found. Had your wife and son confronted you about your relapse?

5. Did MH know that you had stolen money from clients? Did she want to know about the lack of money in the checking account?

what was new to me was the 'loan' from the conservatorship....wow....old saying 'robbing peter to pay paul' in that instance only. everyone else he stole from was left out to dry.
And as a fiduciary, which you are automatically as a lawyer and doubly so if you're acting as a conservator. But the point is he breached his fiduciary duty in every way you can. That he can sit there and speak seemingly unashamedly about his tailgate parties, visiting niece & baby and easily segway into stealing millions from widows and orphans, his own brother, his law firm, it's just, well, astounding.

As an attorney at a bank, I have seen many examples of theft by attorneys over the years. None of them like dared show their face in public again! It's like a complete shunning too. No lawyer wants to be associated with anyone like that. What is so different in SC?

I'm just afraid that his act might work with this jury. I mean, to me, he is clearly a sleazy con man. But apparently he was a pillar of the community in SC.

Just him saying it was a "loan"! Unbelievable. It is a CRIME for a fiduciary to take a "loan", i.e. steal from the ward.

What are the murder related questions people here would like the prosecution to ask tomorrow?

For me:
1. If you had just seen MH at the kennel, why did you need to call/text her a number of times to tell you were going to Alameda?

2. On direct, it was unclear which way you tried to move PM to check on him. You said on the side of the car. What does that mean?

3. What was the conversation you had with MM and PM at dinner? What topics were discussed?

4. There was an email about pills found. Had your wife and son confronted you about your relapse?

5. Did MH know that you had stolen money from clients? Did she want to know about the lack of money in the checking account?
Why weren't you worried for Buster's safety if there were killers on the loose?

When your wife and child are murdered, why would you lie to investigators?

And if you were overwhelmed and felt paranoid, there was always the next day when AM was given another opportunity to come clean with the answers.

For an innocent man, there's no reason to lie about anything.
Seems so clear and what he lied about was KEY because he was at the kennel in a very close time frame to when they were last known to be on any device and with messages coming in and conversations ongoing, they would have been on those phones if they were alive. So he lied about being with them just minutes before they are killed.

He seemed very capable of telling them information on the 911 call, he was clear headed enough to drive to see his mom and make a ridiculous amount of calls and texts along the way. He was clear enough to head to the house, not see Paul or Maggie and to go look for them at the kennel.. he was clear headed enough when LE arrived to tell them all about the treats Paul was getting and the boat case.. Yet he wasn't worried about his living son.. the one he tried to call and didn't reach on the way to his moms house.. did he not think maybe something was going on and I better check on Buster.. or his moms house the house he just left.. didn't call them even though he called just about everyone else it seems.

How convenient his excuse is drugs making him paranoid.. yet no other interactions seems to make him paranoid just the alibi issue and that lie.

Lots of comments that the motive makes no sense. What would make sense? Not sure why an unhappy marriage or other reason is easier to accept. By all accounts Chris Watts was a loving husband and father, killed his wife and girls to get them out of the way. Does not understanding the “why” negate the evidence?
Hence why motive is not a required element to be convicted of a crime. Human beings are way too variable to evaluate their decisions objectively. Sociopaths make very different decisions than kind social workers.

I have no problem with the simple story that Alex was all about Alex. He had stolen from everyone in his life, brother, law partners, poor & severely disabled clients. Lets just say he did not discriminate. No one really meant anything to him except him.

When he was caught by the law firm knew he was good & truly screwed unless he could really shake things up, buy time and get access to $$ & assets. He was already being screwed over the boat case. Time to solve some problems and open up possibilities.

the motive was to buy time? seems absurd and there is no financial reason behind this , no insurance..etc..
I dunno...seems like white collar crime is one thing..he might go to jail , he may have to make restitution...but murder? come on.. why do this? to your baby? to your wife? I don't believe it. mOO

Curious to what your theory is as to who is the real killer(s)?

Gonna reiterate what I noticed today for the night crew that might be going thru today's testimony.

NOT ONE SINGLE TIME did the word " Love" come out of AM's mouth concerning Maggie until he was directed to say so at the very end of his answers under direct examination. By then it was if the defense was asking as an afterthought.

He declined to tell the story of his meeting Maggie for the 1st time. He declined to say word one about what attracted him to Maggie or tell the story of their courtship. He offered no inside little anecdotes or shared experiences they had that were unique to their relationship. He never said that he missed her so much that he couldn't live with himself without her. He didn't discuss their family or trips or any shared moments of joy and happiness. There was not one single comment that they had even been remotely in a relationship for over 20yrs. Nothing.

You'd be hard pressed to even know that they were even married. Maggie was just a part of his life like a piece of furniture or a dog or a gun or a speck of dirt on the sprawling grandeur of Moselle. She apparently contributed NOTHING to his life. He experienced NOTHING noteworthy with her.

I've never seen a person who lost their wife just completely distance himself from their relationship so completely as Alex did today. Finally after hours of being on the stand the defense asked him about Maggie and by that point she was just an afterthought. You'd hardly know what or whom he was married to all these years.

It was utterly disgusting how marginalized she was in Alex's eyes. I want to vomit! He expressed more regret and loss for his dead frekin' sunflowers than he did for his brutally slaughtered wife!! This poor woman was discarded like garbage by Alex. It's also VERY telling that upon allegedly coming across the crime scene for the 1st time, Alex went to his son first before checking on Maggie who was much closer to him when he pulled up. There was no love by Alex towards Maggie. NONE. It makes my blood boil.

I don’t think Waters has even begun to dismantle AM. We’ve seen the State’s excellent clock management, and I think today was to run the clock out with financials because he wants a full, uninterrupted day for the murders on a Friday. I also think Waters is making points on his manipulation skills and hypocrisy which are just setting stage for the real questions and his pattern of committing crimes, covering them up whether financial fraud or active crime scenes, fake badge in tow, no remorse for the victim of his schemes. And the State has not really touched his trial testimony yet - so his stupid rehearsed answer about not remembering what happened back in 2012 isn’t going work for the events of 6/7 that he just described today. Waters is going to box him in on Bubba tape and the absurdity that he lied because he was paranoid. Paranoid of what? Just random paranoia about police on your property? Or paranoia you might be a suspect? Or paranoia that manifests in a compulsion to lie - just for the sake of lying?

It makes more sense that he lied because he didn’t know about the Snapchat video. He thought he had gotten away with it, and his lie couldn’t be proven if he was the only witness and survivor.

One thing that has always bothered me is during the first interview at the crime scene he says something like “the car data will help with that.” As if car data is front of mind after finding the ya know “what y’all saw down dir at the kiiiinells.” Ugh - head exploding emoji! That was a tell. “Oh I’m happy to let y’all do the job ya gotta do, hey and the car data should help y’all out - and that 911 operator was great. I better go fix myself to leave her a Yelp review cause she done me good.”

I agree that in Alex's case, he had no reason to lie (and continue to lie about the lie) about being at the kennels that night if he is innocent. But there are a myriad of reasons why an innocent person might lie to police -- intimidation by police, domestic abuse, having a criminal record, etc. However, given the influence AM had with LE and LE's initial unwillingness to challenge AM in any way shape or form, he had no reason to suspect that telling the truth, if innocent, could backfire on him.

It was really hard not to throw my tablet across the room when AM said, paraphrasing, I loved all those people I stole from, I still do. He is one world class gaslighter. IMO.
that was incredulous! he's a gaslighter, passive aggressive. IMO oh and of course he testified had such great friends in LE, personally and professionally who all of a sudden he was paranoid and distrustful of...

Last edited:

For me:

Why wasn’t there surveillance and the guns secured if AM was worried about retaliation?

If AM is being honest why has he waited 531 days to admit it? That doesn’t equate with remorse.

Why hasn’t anyone heard ‘Pau Pau and Mags’ all this time?

What the H E L L did you do with all the money Elik? Proof.

Something I just saw on June 8th at 8:21 a text from Alex to CB Rowe asks him to clean the drive and yard for visitors.

Less than 12 hours after the murders and he is concerned with the drive and yard for visitors to the murder scene? WHY?

I have not heard all the testimony and maybe this has already been addressed but I understand there is data from the phones which shows the amount of steps taken? Has there been any indication of this info from PM's or MM's phones starting at 8:49 to lets say 9:07pm? Can't imagine if they were alive they would not have been moving.

oh gosh....and the "I believe you" he keeps saying to the pros which is so funny to me because in his mind IMO he is trying to tell the jury, *see, I accept what HE is saying to me, Im not arguing....but he wont accept MY answers* despite being full of deflection, denial and fog=lie.

Why did you continue to lie after your wife and son had been killed and you were with them just minutes beforehand? Paranoia, Drugs and What a tangled web we weave is not an acceptable answer.

Vinnie Politan of Court TV says Prosecution has to go back to the 911 call. AM was reporting a horrific scene, supposedly AM didn't know what happened, thought it was people out to hurt Paul. So, why lie?

AM wasn't being confronted on the 911 call... he lied starting from the 911 call and continued to lie. The video Paul took proved AM was actually there. Who lies right after finding their wife and son murdered? What reason would you have to lie? The weak excuse of Paranoia is all about him, which is typical and needs to be pointed out. (He tried to get others to lie also.) His loved ones lay there dead and he has no logical excuse for lying on a frantic 911 call. Just hope jurors use their heads coming to the verdict.

For me:

Why wasn't Buster your first call to make sure he was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa