SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve noticed most attorneys who’ve been interviewed after today’s testimony specialize in criminal defense and appear to be more favorable to the defense and their client AM. I’m finding these attorneys plus several of the lawtube hosts and members in the chat are critical of prosecutor CW and think AM may have sounded somewhat convincing to the jury. From what I’ve observed I’m not bothered by CW’s hammering all the financial information, because it is laying the groundwork for AM’s motive for murder. We have a long way to go, but I’m pleased with how the cross started today, and looking forward to hearing more tomorrow. I think AM is extremely cocky and believes he can con anybody. My fear is the jury may be influenced by AM’s fake emotions and not understand why AM is running his mouth trying to distract from the actual question being asked. AM thinks he’s the smartest person in the room and he’s not used to losing.

the motive was to buy time? seems absurd and there is no financial reason behind this , no insurance..etc..
I dunno...seems like white collar crime is one thing..he might go to jail , he may have to make restitution...but murder? come on.. why do this? to your baby? to your wife? I don't believe it. mOO
I think it was a "buy time," but the house of cards was all coming down on him at one time: Confronted at work about financials, June 10th was the hearing on filing for his financial status with the courts in the boat crash civil case, PaPa and Mags found additional pills, and the Sheriff had just told him there was an investigation into his obstruction of justice on the boat crash at the hospital, the articles came out in the paper about clients money missing and he knew other clients would be questioning where their money was. Too much for him to handle, AND no, there as no insurance on Mags, but he would have gotten her estate (real estate, jewelry, cars, etc.) Paul had to go because as long as he was alive the boat case continues to go forward for sure.
People have murdered for LOTS AND LOTS LESS.

9DA88F3F-42E7-42B2-AA36-D030B73D5799.jpeg

Bus Bus is leaning in to see if his Pop Pop is really touching the Bible and worrying if it’s going to cause a 5-alarm fire as far as the crow flies. Seriously though Bus looks like he is thinking ‘waitttt a minute, I have to see this’.

Don’t forget about Papa Tee!

The kennel is over 3 football fields from the house and downhill. TV on, you aren't going to hear shots from there.

He may be a scoundrel, but it doesn't make him a murderer.

Yes, he could have been taking that much OXY and still been functioning. At $100 a pop, that's 16.5 pills a day. Seen high functioning people do it. They usually die of liver and kidney failure before 50.

All this stealing stuff will come back to haunt the prosecutor either in this court or the next.

I didn't see acting.

Still trying to figure out how Maggie's phone was already on the side of the road when he passed it in his car.

And the blood splattered shirt was not blood splatter after all?

If that was AM's rain jacket full of GSR, it would also be full of his DNA. Was there silence on this one?

Seems he is being tried because he is a liar and a thief.

The kennel is over 3 football fields from the house and downhill. TV on, you aren't going to hear shots from there.

Yes, he could have been taking that much OXY and still been functioning. At $100 a pop, that's 16.5 pills a day. Seen high functioning people do it. They usually die of liver and kidney failure before 50.

All this stealing stuff will come back to haunt the prosecutor either in this court or the next.

I didn't see acting.

Still trying to figure out how Maggie's phone was already on the side of the road when he passed it in his car.

If that was AM's rain jacket full of GSR, it would also be full of his DNA. Was there silence on this one?

Murderers lie and they are thieves. They steal life and lie about it.

I don’t think Waters has even begun to dismantle AM. We’ve seen the State’s excellent clock management, and I think today was to run the clock out with financials because he wants a full, uninterrupted day for the murders on a Friday. I also think Waters is making points on his manipulation skills and hypocrisy which are just setting stage for the real questions and his pattern of committing crimes, covering them up whether financial fraud or active crime scenes, fake badge in tow, no remorse for the victim of his schemes. And the State has not really touched his trial testimony yet - so his stupid rehearsed answer about not remembering what happened back in 2012 isn’t going work for the events of 6/7 that he just described today. Waters is going to box him in on Bubba tape and the absurdity that he lied because he was paranoid. Paranoid of what? Just random paranoia about police on your property? Or paranoia you might be a suspect? Or paranoia that manifests in a compulsion to lie - just for the sake of lying?

It makes more sense that he lied because he didn’t know about the Snapchat video. He thought he had gotten away with it, and his lie couldn’t be proven if he was the only witness and survivor.

One thing that has always bothered me is during the first interview at the crime scene he says something like “the car data will help with that.” As if car data is front of mind after finding the ya know “what y’all saw down dir at the kiiiinells.” Ugh - head exploding emoji! That was a tell. “Oh I’m happy to let y’all do the job ya gotta do, hey and the car data should help y’all out - and that 911 operator was great. I better go fix myself to leave her a Yelp review cause she done me good.”
True!!! And also, I think Waters wanted time tonight to rewatch Ellick's testimony and come up with allllllll the questions and what can be refuted regarding what he said on direct today. You are so on point.

I didn't see acting.

I believe someone calculated it would be 83 pills/day.

I have not heard all the testimony and maybe this has already been addressed but I understand there is data from the phones which shows the amount of steps taken? Has there been any indication of this info from PM's or MM's phones starting at 8:49 to lets say 9:07pm? Can't imagine if they were alive they would not have been moving.
Maggie's phone had 59 steps - which could be whomever removed the phone to dispose of it.

I don’t think Waters has even begun to dismantle AM. We’ve seen the State’s excellent clock management, and I think today was to run the clock out with financials because he wants a full, uninterrupted day for the murders on a Friday. I also think Waters is making points on his manipulation skills and hypocrisy which are just setting stage for the real questions and his pattern of committing crimes, covering them up whether financial fraud or active crime scenes, fake badge in tow, no remorse for the victim of his schemes. And the State has not really touched his trial testimony yet - so his stupid rehearsed answer about not remembering what happened back in 2012 isn’t going work for the events of 6/7 that he just described today. Waters is going to box him in on Bubba tape and the absurdity that he lied because he was paranoid. Paranoid of what? Just random paranoia about police on your property? Or paranoia you might be a suspect? Or paranoia that manifests in a compulsion to lie - just for the sake of lying?

It makes more sense that he lied because he didn’t know about the Snapchat video. He thought he had gotten away with it, and his lie couldn’t be proven if he was the only witness and survivor.

One thing that has always bothered me is during the first interview at the crime scene he says something like “the car data will help with that.” As if car data is front of mind after finding the ya know “what y’all saw down dir at the kiiiinells.” Ugh - head exploding emoji! That was a tell. “Oh I’m happy to let y’all do the job ya gotta do, hey and the car data should help y’all out - and that 911 operator was great. I better go fix myself to leave her a Yelp review cause she done me good.”
Your last paragraph had me in stitches! :)

Gonna reiterate what I noticed today for the night crew that might be going thru today's testimony.

NOT ONE SINGLE TIME did the word " Love" come out of AM's mouth concerning Maggie until he was directed to say so at the very end of his answers under direct examination. By then it was if the defense was asking as an afterthought.

He declined to tell the story of his meeting Maggie for the 1st time. He declined to say word one about what attracted him to Maggie or tell the story of their courtship. He offered no inside little anecdotes or shared experiences they had that were unique to their relationship. He never said that he missed her so much that he couldn't live with himself without her. He didn't discuss their family or trips or any shared moments of joy and happiness. There was not one single comment that they had even been remotely in a relationship for over 20yrs. Nothing.

You'd be hard pressed to even know that they were even married. Maggie was just a part of his life like a piece of furniture or a dog or a gun or a speck of dirt on the sprawling grandeur of Moselle. She apparently contributed NOTHING to his life. He experienced NOTHING noteworthy with her.

I've never seen a person who lost their wife just completely distance himself from their relationship so completely as Alex did today. Finally after hours of being on the stand the defense asked him about Maggie and by that point she was just an afterthought. You'd hardly know what or whom he was married to all these years.

It was utterly disgusting how marginalized she was in Alex's eyes. I want to vomit! He expressed more regret and loss for his dead frekin' sunflowers than he did for his brutally slaughtered wife!! This poor woman was discarded like garbage by Alex. It's also VERY telling that upon allegedly coming across the crime scene for the 1st time, Alex went to his son first before checking on Maggie who was much closer to him when he pulled up. There was no love by Alex towards Maggie. NONE. It makes my blood boil.

You have expressed all of this perfectly!

The one thing for certain that the cross examination was able to show, and you said here, is that AM is incapable of connecting emotionally with other people. He was able to express regret…maybe… for what he DID to these vulnerable people, but unable to say a word about meeting with them, schmoozing them, etc.
For awhile I thought AM was just playing word games with Waters, but after awhile a began to think, no, I actually don’t think he can do it. He cannot express something he cannot feel and he has no real vocabulary for.
His financial victims were like you said MM was to him, furniture, just inanimate objects to be used as he saw fit.

I was very curious why AM seemed to be carrying a torch for the former
Palmetto State Bank CEO Russell Laffitte -- recently convicted (Nov 2022) on six counts of wire and bank fraud — including helping disbarred AM in taking of money from clients’ legal settlements.

This case was heard in US District (federal) court so he's still out on bail waiting for his sentencing date which has not yet been scheduled as of today.

More recently, Laffitte filed for a new trial citing jury issues. His attorneys received affidavits from two dismissed jurors which have been sealed by the court.

Similar to AM being fired from his family's longtime law firm, seems AM and Laffitte share some things in common besides money since RL was also fired from his family's bank.

Hmm... me thinks AM does not want RL to conjure up any ideas of turning cooperating witness for the feds in the 100+ charge indictment against AM. MOO

ETA: Just read that Laffitte also testified in his own trial! Didn't help.

Last edited:
We will go live at 9:20 AM Eastern Friday, February 24th to continue live streaming the testimony of Alex Murdaugh.
It surprised a lot of people when Alex took the stand yesterday. The day ended with fireworks between the prosecutor's cross-examination of Alex.
We can expect the fireworks and bombshells to continue
We will live stream all day Friday so join us.
ALEX MURDAUGH CONTINUES HIS TESTIMONY - WE LIVE STREAM HIS TESTIMONY

...I didn't see acting....
This is just MOO. He doesn't have to act, he exudes cunning manipulation and deception. He lies and manipulates people as part of his nature and character. He admits to deceiving and stealing money from orphans, handicapped people, grieving people, his partners, his friends. You may want to say it doesn't prove he's a murderer, but there is no moral line he isn't willing to cross because it is all about him. Sticking to the actual facts of the case, he was with them right before they were killed and yet he lied. His excuse too weak to accept. He even lied on the 911 call after he saw his dead wife and son with his brains blown out. Now, why would he do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong