AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #6

A CLOSER LOOK: 4 Arkansas missing person cases. Gone but not forgotten

CASSSIE KAY COMPTON: She went missing in mid-September 2014, from Stuttgart, in Arkansas County. She was 15, 5’3″, weighed 100 pounds, blue eyes, and dyed blond hair. She has a scar on her left cheek. Cassie had been to the doctor a few days before her disappearance. She was last seen leaving her home on foot between 6:52 p.m. and 7 p.m., according to Stuttgart police. Every year, the “Find Cassie Compton” Facebook page participates in a porch light vigil. Anyone with information is asked to call the Stuttgart Police Department, 870-673-1414.

Does anyone know what happened with the podcaster from the Timeline podcast? I was really hoping that they would continue. It seemed like they were on the track of something and they just left us hanging. It also seemed like they had stirred something up with the SO so maybe they somehow put a stop to it?

A CLOSER LOOK: 4 Arkansas missing person cases. Gone but not forgotten

CASSSIE KAY COMPTON: She went missing in mid-September 2014, from Stuttgart, in Arkansas County. She was 15, 5’3″, weighed 100 pounds, blue eyes, and dyed blond hair. She has a scar on her left cheek. Cassie had been to the doctor a few days before her disappearance. She was last seen leaving her home on foot between 6:52 p.m. and 7 p.m., according to Stuttgart police. Every year, the “Find Cassie Compton” Facebook page participates in a porch light vigil. Anyone with information is asked to call the Stuttgart Police Department, 870-673-1414.
She was physically seen leaving? is that by her moms ex fiance at the time or was there someone else who seen her?

Reactions: byo
She was physically seen leaving? is that by her moms ex fiance at the time or was there someone else who seen her?
If I remember correctly, no one saw her leave, her mom said she heard the door shut.

“She was home for a short amount of time before she walked out the door while Judy and her fiancé Brandon Rhodes weren't in the room.”

I haven't been seeing very much of Cassie's case. I have been doing some research on her case and there hasn't been any kind of movements at all. <modsnip> I want to bring light to cassie's case once again. Here is what I have been able to find out so far.

Cassie went missing from Stuttgart, Arkansas on September 14th 2014 from her home. Before she went missing she had stayed with a friend hunter, they went to the demolition derby in DeWitt Arkansas, cassie was taken back home just before 7 pm, and she had texted hunter saying she was going to get smokes and was never heard or seen again. Her mom gave her version of the story as follows:
She stated that Brandon Rhodes was cooking dinner because she was in bed very sick, she said cassie was going to the store and left and has not heard or seen her since. Brandon also left for the store at the same time that Cassie left to get smokes so did Brandon. We know this because there was a text message sent to hunter from Cassie stating that is what she was going to do, Brandon returned A COUPLE of HOURS LATER and went directly to the bathroom and vomited and stayed there for an hour. Let me know what you think about this case and what you know? What are your theories?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly, no one saw her leave, her mom said she heard the door shut.

“She was home for a short amount of time before she walked out the door while Judy and her fiancé Brandon Rhodes weren't in the room.”
I see! I read somewhere and i have to find where to correctly cite it, but it said judy had a brief interaction with her? She had told judy that she was leaving to the store and walked out and was never seen or heard from again. does that sound familiar? I am a forensic psychology and criminal justice major <modsnip>

At the end of this article there is a link to a six part podcast on Cassie.

''Who is Brandon Rhodes to Cassie?''

Not sure why my post was deleted since it was a known fact but in case someone new is reading and is wondering, Brandon Rhodes was Cassie's stepfather at the time of her disappearance. Judy (Cassie's mom) and Brandon were engaged.

''She stated that Brandon Rhodes was cooking dinner because she was in bed very sick, she said cassie was going to the store and left and has not heard or seen her since. Brandon also left for the store at the same time that Cassie left to get smokes so did Brandon. We know this because there was a text message sent to hunter from Cassie stating that is what she was going to do, Brandon returned A COUPLE of HOURS LATER and went directly to the bathroom and vomited and stayed there for an hour. Let me know what you think about this case and what you know? What are your theories?''

I have never heard Judy saying this about Brandon leaving right after Cassie left nor that he returned home, vomited and spent a hour in the bathroom. Can you share a link with that info.

I remember reading something about a text from Cassie to Hunter but told by Hunter's mother which to me is just hearsay. Was it ever proven to be true? LE has been way too quiet in their investigation so far.

Almost nothing in the past year on Cassie's case per a Google search. NOTHING from LE. NOTHING from media. Is anyone of authority awake in Stuttgart? I grew up in the general region of NW LA and SE AR (ARKLAMISS area) and I've never been impressed with LE in that area.

I haven't been seeing very much of Cassie's case. I have been doing some research on her case and there hasn't been any kind of movements at all. <modsnip> I want to bring light to cassie's case once again. Here is what I have been able to find out so far.

Cassie went missing from Stuttgart, Arkansas on September 14th 2014 from her home. Before she went missing she had stayed with a friend hunter, they went to the demolition derby in DeWitt Arkansas, cassie was taken back home just before 7 pm, and she had texted hunter saying she was going to get smokes and was never heard or seen again. Her mom gave her version of the story as follows:
She stated that Brandon Rhodes was cooking dinner because she was in bed very sick, she said cassie was going to the store and left and has not heard or seen her since. Brandon also left for the store at the same time that Cassie left to get smokes so did Brandon. We know this because there was a text message sent to hunter from Cassie stating that is what she was going to do, Brandon returned A COUPLE of HOURS LATER and went directly to the bathroom and vomited and stayed there for an hour. Let me know what you think about this case and what you know? What are your theories?
I think BR killed her and LE didn't investigate it properly. If they had anything on him, it was lost in the fire at their building years back and now there is no one that cares enough to follow through. I also believe her mother knows the truth.

The silence is very sad. I have to admit I still have a tiny tad of doubt about BR...the behavior of those where she was prior to returning home was just...odd

I grew up south of there in LA. But I had co-workers from AR calling Stuttgart the duck hunting capital of the world. I've been through there many a time. So now I feel a connection with Cassie's case. LE has to HAVE SOMETHING!!!!

Two interesting points:

Cassie sent Hunter a text saying she was going out for a smoke.
A few minutes later, Brandon told Judy that he was going to run to the store as he was out of cigarettes. Judy said he was gone for 1, possibly 2 hours
.”

This part is really interesting- and I believe they put a podcast out in 2019 called Timeline with some more of these details- but Brandon wrote a very odd letter to this reporter, claiming he wanted to come clean.
Brandon was in jail booked on a charge of conspiracy to Commit Murder.”

Some news pieces have run about her recently. It seems that the people investigating are tentatively linking her disappearance to another girl's that occurred less than a year later.

I have to go reread because I thought the she had went into the house after being dropped off by her boyfriend after the fair thing and left her backpack there and judy's boyfriend saw her drop it down and walk out . I might be off on the back pack thing but Short stick on the long end is - he said he saw her after she returned home ,Judy said she was sleeping due to feeling ill? The details eclipse me at the moment but i REALLY think he was established as the last one to see her .
That is important to be certain of ,so I am going to TRY go verify tomorrow but I work it is late and even the news links modify things . Facts are changed daily which isnt how it is supposed to work , and there are so many examples of how and when and where it happens . So I hate to see it happening here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back