GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

Just watched Dateline. Kudos to Keith Morrison for calling out what is clearly an untrue confession re BD being willing to go and ignoring her texts/never responding again once she got in the car.
I do wonder why 20/20, in stark comparison to Dateline, omitted any mention of AV when they recently had an episode on this case. And BD's mom was not interviewed in Dateline, nor her birth dad. I assume by their choice.

Just watched Dateline. Kudos to Keith Morrison for calling out what is clearly an untrue confession re BD being willing to go and ignoring her texts/never responding again once she got in the car.
I do wonder why 20/20, in stark comparison to Dateline, omitted any mention of AV when they recently had an episode on this case. And BD's mom was not interviewed in Dateline, nor her birth dad. I assume by their choice.
Totally kudos to him.

IMHO I don't know if closure is an actual emotion for those who have the misfortune of being a member of the club who deals with the tragic murder of a family member or friend. I hope this gives some level of peace to Brittanee's family and friends. RIP Brittanee

A week old, but Brittanee's mother has filed lawsuit against Moody and Vause. Doesn't really matter for Moody as he gave everything to AV, but I hope AV 1) loses everything (and then some) and 2) gets further exposed as the predator and psychopath that she is. This evil woman needs to face some sort of justice for the abduction, rape and murder that she actively and willingly participated in and happily lied to cover up.

A week old, but Brittanee's mother has filed lawsuit against Moody and Vause. Doesn't really matter for Moody as he gave everything to AV, but I hope AV 1) loses everything (and then some) and 2) gets further exposed as the predator and psychopath that she is. This evil woman needs to face some sort of justice for the abduction, rape and murder that she actively and willingly participated in and happily lied to cover up.
Good for her!! And yes, it really disturbs be that she is a practicing nurse!

My understanding of the developments (correct me please if I overlooked something):

1) AV was the alibi for RM when he was a suspect a decade ago.

2) RM or AV did not willingly confess. They covered it and almost got away with it.

3) Some CI overheard AV and only then AV turned on RM (probably after discussing with him the path they should take).

4) RM is terminally ill (Prosecutor: "We were running out of time") and he took all the blame and plea deal for AV for releasing the location of the remains.

I think this is great outcome for this poor girl and her family.

However, justice is not served. And I am positive it will be somehow once they get all the possessions of State of California and AV. And I hope karma does the needful for this evil AV.

Last edited:
Moral of hte story: Don't try to do LE's job from internet.

I think this didn't sound as I intended, but sounded a bit disrespectful to my forum mates.

Clarification: There are many talented people here in Websleuths and given the means (and time), I am very sure they can do LE's job better than LE. However, we do not have access to details that LE can cross-check/eliminate/connect, therefore we might waste our time on dwelling on improbable possibilities.

Again, no disrespect to anyone. Apologies if not clearly communicated.

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) — The law firm representing the family of Brittanee Drexel announced Wednesday they will be holding a press conference Thursday addressing a new civil lawsuit regarding the disappearance and death of Drexel.

[…]

A news conference was held Thursday afternoon by attorneys representing Drexel’s estate as well as her mother, Dawn Pleckan, announcing the lawsuit.

It lists Raymond Moody, who admitted to raping and killing Drexel, Bar Harbor Resort and Smith Family Partners, LLC, as defendants in the case.

Bar Harbor Resort is where Drexel stayed in Myrtle Beach during spring break of April 2009 before she vanished.

The newly-filed lawsuit alleges that Drexel stayed at the hotel as an unaccompanied minor. It also states that no policies were in place at the hotel to detect and alert law enforcement to underage guests who were without their parents or legal guardians. The lawsuit claims that if those policies were in place they “would have prevented the rape and murder of Brittanee that was to follow.”

[…]

The newly-filed lawsuit requests a jury trial and asks for all damages, punitive and actual.

The attorneys for Drexel’s estate also called for more information in Drexel’s disappearance and murder, stating there are still people out there who know more.

[…]

After the 20/20 program, I had a very unsettled feeling about the murderer’s girlfriend receiving no charges. She was in the car when Miss Drexel was kidnapped and she lied to the police for years. It doesn’t seem right. I’m no lawyer, but how is that not obstruction of justice? I realize you have to make a deal with the devil sometimes for the greater good, but AFAIK that woman didn’t give anything to law enforcement.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back