SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, someone brought up that Paul could've been shot with AM sitting in the golf cart for the 5'2" height. Possible? Another thing is so many people don't believe all that money went towards AM being addicted that heavy to drugs. People see him as even more of a liar lying about his super unbelievable $ drug habit. He sounds rehearsed about drugs to me, I just don't buy the extent of his habit. There's something else not revealed. I wish Waters would on cross ask him lots of drug questions just to make AM add doubt in the jurors minds, and confirm that almost everything Alex says is a lie. MOO, the hidden truths must be even more damning.
Thinking PM and MM were just going about the usual at the kennels AM was shot first cornered in there already then MM heard the shot and by that time she shot as well, no time to flee. IMO it was just the breaking point for AM and sure drugs played a part in his thought process.

The comments give well considered rebuttals to some important defence points. This trial seems quite polarizing.I started the trial convinced of AM's guilt, and have become even more sure as the trial has proceeded. I have seen exactly nothing that has given me any doubt, and much that has supported my position. I don't think the defence has been especially clever, and don't think JG should be representing AM, because of his earlier role after the murders. AM is fighting like a cornered rat, and I understand why he is, but the case seems hopelessly lost to me, even given some of the problems with the investigation.

Other's see the defence glass more half full. Given what they have to work with, (granted, it's pretty bad), they have spun their arguments well, or cleverly. I've read claims of the murders failing to reach the reasonable doubt threshold, speculations of a hung jury, or worse, a tainted one.

Whatever else he is, he's a confessed liar and thief. We've just seen convincing digital evidence. We've heard quite gripping direct and cross examination of his peers, that even they didn't recognise the monster that AM's charisma and manipulations hid. We've heard from Tony Satterfield, from Mark Tinsley. AM has sat through this trial, watching all those he has hurt, and still he thinks it is a good idea to testify.
The more i read and hear, sadly yes 'tainted' comes to mind as a real possibility in MOO :(

JMO, someone brought up that Paul could've been shot with AM sitting in the golf cart for the 5'2" height. Possible? Another thing is so many people don't believe all that money went towards AM being addicted that heavy to drugs. People see him as even more of a liar lying about his super unbelievable $ drug habit. He sounds rehearsed about drugs to me, I just don't buy the extent of his habit. There's something else not revealed. I wish Waters would on cross ask him lots of drug questions just to make AM add doubt in the jurors minds, and confirm that almost everything Alex says is a lie. MOO, the hidden truths must be even more damning.
I 100% agree. He was far too healthy and heavy to be that far into addiction. I am convinced the money was just lifestyle waste. Pure and simple. A Forensic accounting of the family of four's spend I think would bear this out.

AM was shot first
You mean PM. And the shots looked coming from a shorter person... hence, the golf cart. It's JMO it is possible AM was sitting in it when PM was shot.

That is not what I was talking about though. I don't think his drug habit was to the extent he claims, and I think some of that money went someplace else. He wants you to believe it was all due to drugs. In reality, he was completely desperate in all ways, his livelihood was in jeopardy, etc., etc., but as he told his sister-in-law-- "the person thought about doing it for a long time", so it was not just his thought process on drugs. MOO

His flip-flopping from Mags to Maggie, RoRo to Rogan and PauPau to Paul throughout his testimony should be ENOUGH for anyone ...of any intelligence ....to realize how incredibly disingenuous and contriving this guy truly is.

I would love to know...was his underage drunk son "PauPau" or "Paul" when he killed that young lady after plowing into that bridge?
He was Timmy

Listened to the video at the quoted link and an interesting bit from the guest about the jury instructions for SC.

The guest states Judge Newman will provide the jurors with written instructions and pursuant to SC Law, he will write in the instructions that the jurors may consider AM's suicide attempt as a sign of guilt.

I learn something every day.

Interesting

I never understood why the judge excluded this in the first place.

I have a feeling something like this indeed happened with Paul

He was bushwhacked in the confined space, and the gunman stepped back to cover. He is shot from a low position on the second shot due to the range being so close.

We should remember that Paul is a potential threat to the shooter - hence ducking to cover after the first shot IMO.

MM probably did not realise AM was the shooter - hence moving toward danger

Is there any proof of a doc appt or a mani/pedi? What if she met with a divorce atty? Alec may have caught wind of it and feigned ignorance/lied to the police to hide the marital issues.
Seems like the divorce atty would have come up in the trial tho. There was so much speculation about it, to the point it seemed like it was true. News articles saying she did, had AP hired forensic financial auditors etc. would definitely point to motive.

You mean PM. And the shots looked coming from a shorter person... hence, the golf cart. It's JMO it is possible AM was sitting in it when PM was shot.

That is not what I was talking about though. I don't think his drug habit was to the extent he claims, and I think some of that money went someplace else. He wants you to believe it was all due to drugs. In reality, he was completely desperate in all ways, his livelihood was in jeopardy, etc., etc., but as he told his sister-in-law-- "the person thought about doing it for a long time", so it was not just his thought process on drugs. MOO
Agree, another poster has stated that in addition to blaming the drugs, she thinks he is trying to mitigate the drug charges that he is facing by the gross exaggeration of his drug use. As I think you’ve already stated, he showed zero of the physical effects that would be evident for anyone taking that many pills. CW brought out in cross that most $ went to support their lifestyle. MB testified he lost money in land investments when the recession hit. Seattle1 has stated AM was the minority investor, when the majority investors walked away AM took over their part and lost big $$. It appears they never adjusted their lifestyle. Checks were bouncing, huge cc balances of excess of 100k for months, indicative of living off of credit if can’t afford to pay balance in full every month. Being confronted about his pill use, being asked about the state of their finances by MM, the boat lawsuit was going to reveal his thefts- he needed a way out. Whether directly or indirectly, PM and MM were the source of much of the pressures being put on him. I don’t put any importance or value on how any relationship with AM appeared with family or with friends, he was a master manipulator who presented how he needed to be to get what he wanted, absent of real emotional connection. MOO

Listened to the video at the quoted link and an interesting bit from the guest about the jury instructions for SC.

The guest states Judge Newman will provide the jurors with written instructions and pursuant to SC Law, he will write in the instructions that the jurors may consider AM's suicide attempt as a sign of guilt.

I learn something every day.
I find it strange that he would give specific instructions to how to possibly think about that evidence. Why wouldn’t he just say you consider it how the evidence presents to you? I guess if it is SC law he has no choice.

^^RSBM

IMO, nobody would fault a mother for wanting to believe her son's denial (after being too drunk to remember driving the boat).

However, a mother supporting her son's denial at the expense of throwing another mother's innocent son under the bus is another thing!

IMO, this is why MM felt ostracized in her community. Blaming a surviving passenger of manslaughter when so many witnesses said otherwise was too much for a very forgiving community.

Again, if not for being so quick to throw C Cook under the bus to save her own son, I agree MM would probably have had the majority of the community's support to help MM (PM and AM too) come to terms with the tragedy her son and his friends endured after a night of bad judgment.

I've said before that I found it profoundly sad said that I don't think PM would have been allowed to take responsibility for his actions in the boat crash even if he wanted to. MOO
MM knew PM was responsible but the M's are above reproach. People are disposable to this family. PM slapped and spit on his gf and ridiculed her because her daddy "couldn't take care of his family." (If he only knew what was coming). He threw Cottontop under the bus at the crash site. AM was at the hospital not to check on the kids, but to hush them up. Didn't bother to call Mallory's parents. When GS had her "accident", when asked by the 911 dispatcher if they knew who she was, instead of giving her name, PM said "she works for us". After 20+ years, she's still just the hired help. And MM refers to her other employees as "the Mexicans". Then there is AM who stole money from a deaf, quadriplegic kid and the children of the woman who spent more time raising his kids than she did her own. Nothing or nobody came between AM and money and their status.

I have a feeling something like this indeed happened with Paul

He was bushwhacked in the confined space, and the gunman stepped back to cover. He is shot from a low position on the second shot due to the range being so close.

We should remember that Paul is a potential threat to the shooter - hence ducking to cover after the first shot IMO.

MM probably did not realise AM was the shooter - hence moving toward danger
BBM

I’m sure in her worst dream, she never knew what she was about to encounter. But even if she did, I think as a parent (excluding the likes of AM) your first instinct would be to go towards your child in potentially a dangerous situation, regardless of the perpetrator.

Interesting

I never understood why the judge excluded this in the first place.
I think because it is not directly related to PM & MM’s murder does not go to motive, alibi, why, how etc. Too prejudicial and would be an issue AM could use to appeal the verdict. I am glad though that the defense opened the door for it to be brought in because in my opinion it was not a suicide attempt. moo

If this man is not the worst witness I have ever seen on the stand, well, I don't know who would be--He is by far the worst-- the fact that he refused to listen to his lawyers regarding taking the stand, just tells you how arrogant he is. At the beginning of the trial I was on the fence about the motive---but listening to this man's lie after lie, watching his affect---his long-winded explanations-- self-serving that they are--- I have to believe he is guilty as charged. What I keep thinking about is the power and privilege he had for years-- the respect he had- the wealth he accrued over the years--- The respect and power his clients gave over to him, only to be screwed by him, to be lied to, to be cheated out of the money they deserved: hard to imagine this shell of a human being was in that coveted position of power---it blows my mind actually. And of course, there is the horrid betrayal of his family who loved him and stood by him: his wife, his son. It is really all too much.

If this man is not the worst witness I have ever seen on the stand, well, I don't know who would be--He is by far the worst-- the fact that he refused to listen to his lawyers regarding taking the stand, just tells you how arrogant he is. At the beginning of the trial I was on the fence about the motive---but listening to this man's lie after lie, watching his affect---his long-winded explanations-- self-serving that they are--- I have to believe he is guilty as charged. What I keep thinking about is the power and privilege he had for years-- the respect he had- the wealth he accrued over the years--- The respect and power his clients gave over to him, only to be screwed by him, to be lied to, to be cheated out of the money they deserved: hard to imagine this shell of a human being was in that coveted position of power---it blows my mind actually. And of course, there is the horrid betrayal of his family who loved him and stood by him: his wife, his son. It is really all too much.
I have heard commentators state that if convicted, he would only be able to appeal certain aspects of the trial such as introduction of evidence deemed too prejudicial, if he took the stand. That said, I do believe his main motive of taking the stand was that he believed he could talk his way out of this, he has spent his whole life convincing others to believe his lies. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member