VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed it, but what means were eventually used to unlock PM's phone? Why did it take so long?

It appears that was a magical moment for LE: The video was the salient item that converted AM from a vaguely suspect victim to a primary POI, IMHO.
My understanding (there may have been testimony about this but I'm not sure) is that an FBI analyst/agent unlocked the phone by trying a password that was based on Paul's date of birth. I was surprised it took them that long to unlock the phone -- I thought I had read that LE had some kind of program that could check password combinations at an incredible rate of speed and therefore unlock phones more easily, but maybe I'm wrong about that. JMO.

Have to say that many around my area (a bit north of their area) have those cute bikes. Some have wide tires for beach riding. But parking it in front of the house like that is totally staged, imo.
I didn't watch the whole thing. My mind started to fade. I got sleepy as it seemed repetitive. That said, I have a lot of respect for CW. He's doing a tremendous job. Towards the end, I sensed he wanted to make sure he had covered everything and had covered it strongly. So repetitiveness kicked in. But I understand -- it's a huge case and it's better to be safe than sorry. JMO.
This may have already been asked and answered but i an going to try. Does anyone think the artist sketch shown in court that Alec did with the police of the "suspect" looks like Rogan Gibson? I was reviewimg some testimony and it struck me that Rogan and the sketch were very close.

Last edited:
Maybe this will be one of those cases where it's just to obvious he did it, and jurors get down in the weeds overthinking it?

I feel like the 'why' question is a major distraction.
I think the jury needs and wants the why even though it’s not required so they had to get into his financial crimes, the type of person he is. That said, I understand the thought about the weeds, they were given a lot to digest. If only the forensic time data of his movements on June 7, his lies about June 7, the testimony and lies about the missing then replaced black out 300 were presented, I would have convicted on that. I can see all the other testimony giving the defense an opportunity to say he’s lied his whole life, these lies or no different than his pattern of lying. I don’t agree with that, but there might be somebody on the jury who that connects with but again, I think they had to present all of it. MOO

There is absolutely NO EXPLANATION for the fact that the dogs did not alert or bark and the guns were family guns have since been disappeared and Big Red was there 2 minutes before it all went down...I just do not see how anyone can't get that!
In MY OPINION ONLY, people cant get past the notion that a father could murder his wife and son in cold blood over money. It is contrary to most people's morals, beliefs and sensibilities. Therefore, they are looking for any other perp or explanation.

I’ve been so up in the air on what the final verdict will be, my stomach is starting to churn. This past week I’ve been pretty convinced that we might get a hung jury or even a not guilty verdict but the more I think about it, the more I’m leaning towards a full guilty verdict. Most of us on here seem to think he is guilty and although we have been privy to more information than a juror, the evidence presented in this trial really only points to one person. Even if the jury members think it may have involved two shooters, I think the evidence still points to AM being one of those shooters, so I would think the jury would still render a guilty verdict. However, I’m not a legal expert, so not completely sure if that could be possible. IMO

My understanding (there may have been testimony about this but I'm not sure) is that an FBI analyst/agent unlocked the phone by trying a password that was based on Paul's date of birth. I was surprised it took them that long to unlock the phone -- I thought I had read that LE had some kind of program that could check password combinations at an incredible rate of speed and therefore unlock phones more easily, but maybe I'm wrong about that. JMO.

IIRC from the testimony, what you wrote here is exactly right about LE engineers developing a program to test codes & eventually get in…. but its incredible rate of speed when cycling thru options could only produce the right answer after a year of trying!!

I can handle a new trial. An acquittal, no thank you.
That would be terrible if they had to redo this trial. The taxpayers are paying for this trial & it sounds expensive. I feel like the judge is going to really push for a verdict if things get deadlocked in deliberations. IMO

the video of AM at the kennel just prior to MM and PM‘s phones going quiet and AM lying about it convinced me that he is the killer (or one of the killers). I do think it is possible he had help. Not that that matters for AM’s guilt.

I don’t care about his motive(the why), just the evidence.

What I’m having a hard time with is AM shoots PM, MM is only 12-15 feet away and must have seen PM falling as she’s headed towards him….she would have seen AM head towards her, why didn’t she turn to run? How did AM get within 3 feet of her and she was shot in the front..another words I would be expecting her to be shot from behind. Maybe her brain just didn’t process what she was seeing that fast to turn. Also AM would have switched guns so there would be an extra few seconds there to process it. I believe he’s totally guilty, just having a hard time picturing how he was facing them both when he shot them.
I’ve thought about this a lot. I feel, as a mother, if you see your child shot right in front of you, nothing is going to stop you from trying to get to him. Mama Bear mode. Even your husband with a gun.

This may have already been asked and answered but i an going to try. Does anyone think the artist sketch shown in court that Alec did with the police of the "suspect" looks like Rogan Gibson? I was reviewimg some testimony and it struck me that Rogan and the sketch were very close.
I had not thought about that, had to go look at both pictures, there are similarities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member