VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be local kids ... hearing details from their parents and others in town and local papers or news casts or social media and they only wanted to have some fun. It might be a group of 14 year olds with too much time on their hands.
Not inside the house it wasn't. Hanging a shirt inside the window? Upstairs opening and closing the curtains at 11:50 and 11:54 of the video taken of the jurors being driven up to the main house?

This wasn't neighbourhood kids; it was adults on the defence side acting like children.

I copied the point in time at the video where the Officer reaches in Murdaugh's jacket to remove the pen so no one would have to hunt for it.

Click link below

Murdaugh attempted to walk out with contraband pen
Seems like a horrible idea to let Alex pick up all his files at the end of trial. Can’t imagine he takes those back to his cell? So many moving pieces and lots of commotion. I’m impressed the office caught that.

In MY OPINION ONLY, people cant get past the notion that a father could murder his wife and son in cold blood over money. It is contrary to most people's morals, beliefs and sensibilities. Therefore, they are looking for any other perp or explanation.
Agree, I think it is interesting that an affair makes it more understandable to some, a motive they can wrap their head around. Whether done for money or for "love", both require a person who can disconnect or was never connected to their family and has the ability to create these heinous crimes. If the motive is because of cheating, the underlying reasons for the killings are usually still the same, preserve their wealth and or reputation, solving a problem. There is a common factors in these type of killings and it is money and reputation. moo

Last edited:
There’s the question of why AM deleted his calls to Maggie (& Paul too IIRC) from his call-log even tho all calls are preserved in off-phone records….

IMO Id guess that, altho he made the calls at the time to set up an alibi, he later realized that any look at him would start with LE scrolling thru his phone, & he didn’t want to be asked what those calls were about & then have to lie up an answer.

Yeah he knew the external records would show the calls anyway, but getting phone records takes much more suspicion than just looking through a phone… surely AM hoped it would never go there. And maybe he realized that if suspicion against him did rise to that point, some fudged phone records would only be a minor part of his problems

Okay now I’m seeing the smug smile on AM.

How could he be so smug TODAY?!

Why isn’t he worried?
Just AM's reaction to having the mental flesh being stripped away. I think he's boiling inside as his jaw tightens and a tight grin appears. I watched just waiting for him to jump up and rage at Waters and show the world the monster within but he held it inside sad to say, no tasers deployed.

What I’m having a hard time with is AM shoots PM, MM is only 12-15 feet away and must have seen PM falling as she’s headed towards him….she would have seen AM head towards her, why didn’t she turn to run? How did AM get within 3 feet of her and she was shot in the front..another words I would be expecting her to be shot from behind. Maybe her brain just didn’t process what she was seeing that fast to turn. Also AM would have switched guns so there would be an extra few seconds there to process it. I believe he’s totally guilty, just having a hard time picturing how he was facing them both when he shot them.
I think her first instinct would be to go to her son and that the first shot (s) was an accident. I don’t at all think that they felt threatened by Alex or feared for their life. I don’t think in those first few seconds she was able to process that Alex was actively/purposefully killing them. moo

Last edited:
There’s the question of why AM deleted his calls to Maggie (& Paul too IIRC) from his call-log even tho all calls are preserved in off-phone records….

IMO Id guess that, altho he made the calls at the time to set up an alibi, he later realized that any look at him would start with LE scrolling thru his phone, & he didn’t want to be asked what those calls were about & then have to lie up an answer.

Yeah he knew the external records would show the calls anyway, but getting phone records takes much more suspicion than just looking through a phone… surely AM hoped it would never go there. And maybe he realized that if suspicion against him did rise to that point, some fudged phone records would only be a minor part of his problems
I agree, easier to try to explain away accidentally deleting phone calls. Also agreed that he thought it would never get to the point of accessing his phone records, they would only examine his phone because of who he is, history of being above the law, relationship with Duffie Stone. Moo

the video of AM at the kennel just prior to MM and PM‘s phones going quiet and AM lying about it convinced me that he is the killer (or one of the killers). I do think it is possible he had help. Not that that matters for AM’s guilt.

I don’t care about his motive(the why), just the evidence.
This is another one of those hanging questions - did AM act alone? or did he have an accomplice or even pay someone else to commit his crimes?

IMO (I’m unloading all my IMOs here as the trial winds down!) AM acted entirely alone in the killings …. if he’d done any planning that involved anyone else, I cannot believe he wouldn’t have told the accomplice to bring along a weapon!! Imo the use of probable family weapons here is the nail in the coffin of this extremely strong circumstantial case.

AM’s attys realize this too IMO which is why Hartpoodle was so fired up to keep the witness Crosby from getting into how AM & Paul likely had the family weapon with them on their afternoon property tour….

The kennel video & AM’s lying about it are really all anyone needs to know just what happened here IMO …. but the use of family weapons takes this over the line to simply undeniable. JMO

Just watched the state's entire closing. The state attorney did a fantastic job of condensing 7 weeks of testimony into 3 hours.

It was Cliff's notes. Good job, Mr. Prosecutor.

I played and replayed the precise timeline which I had missed originally. The attorney cleared it all up nicely.

Mighty tight timeline.
Tight timeline, yes! The jury is still going to be hung. "Common sense" as the prosecutor stressed in his final argument, is going to weigh on the minds of some jurors. Husbands and fathers dont gun down their beloved wife and son over money alone. Remember, AM had a sparkling reputation, came from a long line of revered people and that fact will also come into play for the jury. People are all simple folk under it all. A person of his "caliber" wouldnt do this...Some of the jurors will latch onto that notion. Rogan Gibson painted the family as loving and supportive and inclusive. A juror or 2 will cling to that...it HAD to be someone other than AM! That's going to be the mindset. JMO

I’ve thought about this a lot. I feel, as a mother, if you see your child shot right in front of you, nothing is going to stop you from trying to get to him. Mama Bear mode. Even your husband with a gun.

I’ve wondered a lot if they knew AM was their shooter (very very much hoping they did not! I admit it). We know AM used something to shield his clothes & person from spatter etc during the crime…. why wouldn’t he also have covered & hidden his face?

For a while I figured he’d ducked off to hide his whole self in the big blue raincoat before he came out blasting…. but the raincoat seems not to have bio material on it, just tons of GSR. Ok so he wrapped the weapons in the raincoat - might he have hosed it down first sufficiently, is that even possible? Imo

Anyway Imo I always figured Paul was killed first so he wouldn’t have to see his mother shot…. now we know Paul was killed first, so maybe AM was indeed thinking of what his victims would see / know / experience. If so, IMO seems likely he’d conceal his identity from them if possible….
JMO

My understanding (there may have been testimony about this but I'm not sure) is that an FBI analyst/agent unlocked the phone by trying a password that was based on Paul's date of birth. I was surprised it took them that long to unlock the phone -- I thought I had read that LE had some kind of program that could check password combinations at an incredible rate of speed and therefore unlock phones more easily, but maybe I'm wrong about that. JMO.

Alex told them there was no way they'd be able to figure out Paul's password. They did have to brute force it, but it was easier than usual because the agent-generated dictionary included Paul's DOB. Some variation of his DOB worked.

Agreed - I think he thought they'd never go so deep on it, or just made a stupid decision in a panic.

There is no way the calls were deleted other than intentionally

Haven't seen this yet so forgive me if it's a duplicate. The Post & Courier has a photo carousel of 70 images from today. We've seen the chicken in the dog pen; the women's bicycle in the yard; Buster Christmas pottery. But this is image 43. Someone hung a freakin shirt in a window. This is terrifying.
View attachment 406455
I think this window is in the gun room and if you look back you will see a rack of clothes in that room. I think this is what you see when you look into that room, window shows the shirt hanging on the clothes rack. You can see the “metal” frame of the rack if you look close. The house has been in a pending sale so AMs things are still in there I am assuming.

Just watched the state's entire closing. The state attorney did a fantastic job of condensing 7 weeks of testimony into 3 hours.

It was Cliff's notes. Good job, Mr. Prosecutor.

I played and replayed the precise timeline which I had missed originally. The attorney cleared it all up nicely.

Mighty tight timeline.
Agree, the tight time line, his lies about that time line, the lies about not replacing the 300 Blackout leave me zero doubt of his guilt

I think this window is in the gun room and if you look back you will see a rack of clothes in that room. I think this is what you see when you look into that room, window shows the shirt hanging on the clothes rack. You can see the “metal” frame of the rack if you look close. The house has been in a pending sale so AMs things are still in there I am assuming.
Someone previously posted up the link to the real estate listing with the photos of Moselle for sale (sale is now pending) ... these items were not there in those photos so they've been strategicly 'placed' since.

I’ve wondered a lot if they knew AM was their shooter (very very much hoping they did not! I admit it). We know AM used something to shield his clothes & person from spatter etc during the crime…. why wouldn’t he also have covered & hidden his face?

For a while I figured he’d ducked off to hide his whole self in the big blue raincoat before he came out blasting…. but the raincoat seems not to have bio material on it, just tons of GSR. Ok so he wrapped the weapons in the raincoat - might he have hosed it down first sufficiently, is that even possible? Imo

Anyway Imo I always figured Paul was killed first so he wouldn’t have to see his mother shot…. now we know Paul was killed first, so maybe AM was indeed thinking of what his victims would see / know / experience. If so, IMO seems likely he’d conceal his identity from them if possible….
JMO
I thought it came out in testimony that quite some time later, the blue raincoat was found in a closet that stored a lot of junk, at AM's parent's home? hell, That blue raincoat could have been worn many times as the good ole boys went hog shooting or duck hunting. i dont thin GSR evaporates. Old GSR in my opinion. Raincoat irrelevant to this case. MOO

I'm going to have to rewatch. Here's the video for anyone who missed it

If you mean the top right window, I think it’s a reflection of the sky and tree. It is windy. I noticed the same shadowing when they pulled up to the house and then there is the same type of darkening of the top left window when the cameraman was walking around.(IMO). Law and Crime did not record the stuffed chicken in the kennel.

This is another one of those hanging questions - did AM act alone? or did he have an accomplice or even pay someone else to commit his crimes?

IMO (I’m unloading all my IMOs here as the trial winds down!) AM acted entirely alone in the killings …. if he’d done any planning that involved anyone else, I cannot believe he wouldn’t have told the accomplice to bring along a weapon!! Imo the use of probable family weapons here is the nail in the coffin of this extremely strong circumstantial case.

AM’s attys realize this too IMO which is why Hartpoodle was so fired up to keep the witness Crosby from getting into how AM & Paul likely had the family weapon with them on their afternoon property tour….

The kennel video & AM’s lying about it are really all anyone needs to know just what happened here IMO …. but the use of family weapons takes this over the line to simply undeniable. JMO
I am of the opinion that if Alex had hired this out or asked another to be involved that he would not have been anywhere near the killings, but as we’ve seen, he is not as smart as he thinks he is so who knows. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong