VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory pulled straight out of “Ozark.”

So, I have been flip-flopping on guilty vs not guilty. There is strong evidence that he was at the scene briefly before the murders, and lying about that shows consciousness of guilt. Yet other pieces of the puzzle don’t quite fit. But how could he have been at the kennels but also not be the shooter? And if it happened that way, why wouldn’t he finally tell the truth?

I keep going back to all the missing money. I know he had an expensive opioid addiction, but that can’t explain all the missing millions of dollars. Where did it all go???

Was Alex, like Marty in “Ozark,” increasingly tangled up with some kind of mob or drug cartel? Was he no longer able to pay them off or launder more money for them, and they killed his wife and son right before his eyes with his own guns as a lesson? They could have told him Buster and other family members would be next if he ever dared say anything. There is a history of organized crime and murder in SC.

Just throwing this out there to the wind. Have I been watching too many “Ozark” episodes?

So, I have been flip-flopping on guilt vs not guilty. There is strong evidence that he was at the scene briefly before the murders, and lying about that shows consciousness of guilt. Yet other pieces of the puzzle don’t quite fit. So how could he have been at the kennels but also not be the shooter? And if it happened that way, why wouldn’t he finally tell the truth?

I keep going back to all the missing money. I know he had an expensive opioid addiction, but that can’t explain all the missing millions of dollars. Where did it all go???

Was Alex, like Marty in “Ozark,” increasingly tangled up with some kind of mob or drug cartel? Was he no longer able to pay them off or launder more money for them, and they killed his wife and son right before his eyes with his own guns as a lesson? They could have told him Buster and other family members would be next if he ever dared say anything. There is a history of organized crime and murder in SC.

Just throwing this out there to the wind. Have I been watching too many “Ozark” episodes?
I've been thinking along these lines too. There is definitely more to the story with the money. I do think he killed them though, but I don't think we will ever know the full story.

Is it just me or is this dude all over the place?
It's not just you. I am feeling an uncomfortable amount of second hand embarassment for JG. This is like someone giving a bumbling speech using someone else's notes that had been shuffled out of order on a subject they only know partial details about.

Did he put this rebuttal together last night??? Did DH just tap out and make Jim do this?? It sounds like a rebuttal to a high-school debate team! There is no power behind these punches. He's just throwing up a bunch of things and hoping something lands. It's very weak.

Did he put this rebuttal together last night??? Did DH just tap out and make Jim do this?? It sounds like a rebuttal to a high-school debate team! There is no power behind these punches. He's just throwing up a bunch of things and hoping something lands. It's very weak.
taking swings with a blindfold on.

So, I have been flip-flopping on guilt vs not guilty. There is strong evidence that he was at the scene briefly before the murders, and lying about that shows consciousness of guilt. Yet other pieces of the puzzle don’t quite fit. So how could he have been at the kennels but also not be the shooter? And if it happened that way, why wouldn’t he finally tell the truth?

He's been charged with possession, manufacturing or distribution already...doesn't mean he didn't kill his wife and son, AJMO

JG: circumstantial evidence is as good as direct evidence....but there are some things it has to do to be as good as direct evidence. These circumstances have to be consistent with each other. [Yup] and when taken together must point conclusively toward guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. [yup again]

Thanks Jim!

A couple of whacks from a cluestick for JG: An iPhone screen --even when set to wake when raised--does not always come on when raised or moved. I have one and I've worked selling them for eight years at what we employees call The Fruit Stand, AND people are "butchered" with blades, not bullets...that's why butchers use blades and not shotguns to carve meat!

He is rumbling and grumbling and stumbling around using every lie and type of misdirection he can. Frankly, it's embarrassing.

Oh, and the projectile is a bullet, not a "bullet thing"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member