The Innocence Project and Darlie Routier

Has anyone heard an update about the IP “taking on Darlie’s case”?
I haven't seen anything in msm lately but according to court records the latest status hearing was on December 2, 2022 and all that happened was that a continuance was filed. New date for the next status hearing is now January 24, 2023 at 10 am.
Case number F9639973

A lot of stuff in investigations like this go unexplained. I believe it was later proven the blonde hair on the point of entry assumed to be Darlie's was proven to be a police officer's later.

Tom Bevel testified for the prosecution that he interpreted the blood stains on Darlie's night shirt as cast-off patterns, suggesting that it was Darlie who held the knife that killed children. Bevel was also the same bloodstain expert who was responsible for the wrongful conviction of David Camm who spent 13 years in prison as an innocent man. Darlie's attorney failed to call for a second opinion as he believed he could handle Bevel during cross examination.

She was also trialed in an extremely conservative city in Texas. She was harshly judged for things like wearing lipstick and having had a breast augmentation.one of the jurors did an interview years later and the only significant thing she could remember about Darlie was the way she looked and she must've been a killer because of that.

It was Darlie's attorney who requested the change of venue. He rolled the dice and came up badly for her. I seem to remember it was her first attorney who did this. Her second or last attorney wanted it changed back but judge said no. Tom Bevel certainly got David Camm's blood spatter wrong; I remember this murder when it occurred, the man had been playing basketball with 11 other men who verified his alibi, a totally messed up case. And Bevel got right so many cases, and helped exonerate wrongly convicted people as well. But how else, if not for cast-off from stabbing her children, would Darlie get blood on the back of her nightshirt? I have read on a FB forum that she got it because she was sleeping on the couch nearby, but she said that her back was against the back of the couch, so that couldn't have happened.

What do you all think about the Innocense Project accepting Darlie's case? All I can say that if they help prove Darlie is indeed innocent I will have a lot of crow to eat! I've believed her to be guilty for years but if they can prove me wrong I'm willing to admit I was wrong and offer my appologies. Just curious what everyone thought about them accepting her case after all of these years.
I’ve watched a lot of things on her and at first I believed her, but there are several things that didn’t add up imho.

Thinking she's not guilty is one thing, but blaming the verdict entirely on the silly string video and ruffled feathers over her appearance is what really baffles me. JMO. I think she's very guilty.

Yes, I believe Darlie’s wounds were minimal. She wasn’t bright enough to stay far away from the carotid. Her wounds were entirely different than her childrens’ wounds. The children who died from their wounds.

DD was cut from the same cloth. Her wounds were entirely different from her childrens’, who died/nearly died from theirs.

We differ about the evidence. I don’t see anything pointing toward innocence.
Correct, no evidence pointing toward innocence. Also, no evidence pointing toward an intruder.

Thinking she's not guilty is one thing, but blaming the verdict entirely on the silly string video and ruffled feathers over her appearance is what really baffles me. JMO. I think she's very guilty.
Me too and it's not based on Silly String. My beiief is from a thorough review of the evidence, her statements, her trial testimony, etc. No doubt in my mind, the 911 call sealed it for me

Me too and it's not based on Silly String. My beiief is from a thorough review of the evidence, her statements, her trial testimony, etc. No doubt in my mind, the 911 call sealed it for me
I absolutely think she is guilty. Curious though, what about her 911 call seals it for you? I know about the part where she can be heard telling Darin someone came in and did it. She sounds irritated. She makes the statement about picking up the knife and she talks on and on and on instead of tending to her kids. Anything else that stands out to you?

I absolutely think she is guilty. Curious though, what about her 911 call seals it for you? I know about the part where she can be heard telling Darin someone came in and did it. She sounds irritated. She makes the statement about picking up the knife and she talks on and on and on instead of tending to her kids. Anything else that stands out to you?
Yes. Her telling her baby boy, Damon, to “hang on”. while she ambles on, on the phone, instead of trying to help him, or at least comfort him.
This is her child for God’s sakes….. She never goes to him.
What else is there to say? I mean, my God… if it’s my baby, I’d at least be right there holding him if theres nothing else I can do. It’s heart wrenching.

With post partum psychosis in the new so much lately, I wonder if Darlie suffered from that .....
Its possible. IMO
Mix that with the strong diet pills she was taking … what were they exactly?……. something similar to Fen -Fen? They had a reputation for altering ones personality. Everything from moodiness, to paranoia, to extreme anger. Even violence.
I’ve posted on these threads before about my experience with someone who had first hand experience with those type drugs, and how they markedly changed that person. And not for the better. It was pretty bad, but thankfully no deaths involved.
I’ve always believed those drugs were a catalyst to Darlie’s actions that night. JMO

Last edited:
It’s nothing more than a gut reaction, I just can’t shake it.
The one doubt I once had in my mind was Darin. He just was a suspicious character, IMO; especially knowing his history of trying to defraud the insurance company. I’ve also wondered if he was dealing drugs back then.
Just speculation.

Me too and it's not based on Silly String. My belief is from a thorough review of the evidence, her statements, her trial testimony, etc. No doubt in my mind, the 911 call sealed it for me
I used to have my doubts because I don't think that the silly string video means anything. The press made too much of that.

The rest of the evidence is convincing, though. The jury got it right.
With post partum psychosis in the new so much lately, I wonder if Darlie suffered from that . . ..
Nope. She's just a psychopath who wanted to escape the financial obligations of supporting children, IMO.

As an update, according to the court site
Case number F9639973

There were status hearings on the DNA testing on:
4/01/2022
5/16/2022
7/13/2022
8/26/2022
10/19/2022

But no forward movement noted. The next status hearing is scheduled for 12/2/2022.

The last of the orders for release of items to be DNA tested was on 12/15/2021. We're approaching a year since items were turned over to Vanessa Potkin yet there has been no update on the official Innocence Project website - not even a status update.

So what's going on? Is this simply a stalling tactic or has the testing revealed nothing that would exonerate Darlie? There is still no - zero - news in msm to indicate that the IP is working on Darlie's case. Why aren't they shouting from the rooftops?
Stull waiting. There is a stats update on March 31, 2023, that's if they ever get there, there have been several continuances. Yes it's just stall tactics. Some of the test results should be available by now.

This is never going to end, because it's just a continual stall. Everything has been tested and retested over and over. I don't think the state of Texas really wants all the publicity of putting Darlie to death, so they are just going to let her supporters continue to pour money into endless testing. She's not getting out, so it doesn't really matter. But the lawyers have found a gold mine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back