GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he, would he have put the guns in RM’s coffin?
Oh, yes he woulddddd. I want to send Dad off with his favorite hog killing rifle , but then, once LE started looking for rifles/guns, someone would remember that. BUT WOULD THEY TELL? I am speaking of only his family being there mind you at that point. Just thoughts on anything goes there.

This would be cause for mistrial. LE and AM would all be prosecuted.

I just don't remember seeing this in MSM.
MOO...
Well one mention in the trial was the $5000 given to the sheriff that arrived with JMM that night. The one he called to follow him to Alex's house because his truck might break down (then it did) and this guy pick JMM up and drove the rest of the way to Moselle that night. A month later Alex gave him a $5000 check, but on the stand that guy said it was a loan for his parents.

I just watched the sentencing, he didn't use the word 'intentionally'. He said "never, under any circumstances". Full stop. But, many people will lie to save themselves from jail, and he's a habitual liar.

I'm glad the judge said the obvious thing: maybe he was a 'different man', because of the 60-odd opiod pills he was taking daily. On that particularly bad day, who knows how many he'd downed.

JMO
It's confusing, but he said in the 2 days he was on the stand testifying (end of 2nd day IIRC) that he would "never intentionally hurt Mags or PawPaw", so he must have realized how that sounded and/or changed his tune and amended it when he spoke other words during sentencing.

MOO

MOO I don't know what BM does for a living.

Alex also wanted right away to plant the seed to SLED that the killings were related to the boat crash.

I was hoping RM would step to Buster's side to offer a fatherly shoulder but it seems RM wants nothing to do with this tragedy. JJM and Buster seemed close during the trial but they weren't together when the verdict came in so that was noted.

It is possible that shock and trauma, PTSD, has kept Buster from being able to either complete law studies or pursue gainful and fulfilling employment. Perhaps he needed for the trial to end so he could gather remaining pieces of his life and begin creating new memories without his parents and brother beside him. We expect most men to be strong Alpha Males when they're only humans.

It is my hope that with funds from selling Moselle, along with whatever generosity the M family sees fit to extend to Buster will be taken and carefully used to spend a modest but honest life near the ocean with peace. Get married. Raise a family.
If BM hasn’t already done so, it would be beneficial for him to have therapy to understand the dynamics that triggered the corruption in the Murdaugh family, and spurred the loss of his mother and brother. It’s very complex, but I believe that’s the only way for him to have peace and move forward in his life. This family has swept too many things under the rug, and it’s time to drag out the vacuum! ;)

Now that AM has been convicted for Maggie & Paul's murders, SLED is moving on to investigate "three other deaths" linked to him/his family:

3 deaths potentially linked to the Murdaugh family remain unsolved

I don't think an investigation into Gloria's death can ever show anything other than an accident. The two witnesses are dead, so unless there is something very unusual found in an exhumation or Alex ever confesses to anything, I doubt there will be anything more to say about it.

I saw an interview with Creighton Waters. He said he wanted to say this very respectfully or sensitively, but that from the start they provided a victim advocate, I think to both sides, and that it’s a very complex family dynamic.

I don’t know what that means. But there’s obviously a reason that Maggie’s family wanted to stay quiet. Maybe they’re able to forgive in their hearts for the sake of Buster. Maybe they did not want AM to be convicted (hard for me to believe that). I don’t know. I just felt that MGs testimony seemed sad and not angry or begrudged at the same time. I could not tell how she felt. I’m curious about the “family dynamics.” But it’s none of my business.
I was a victim advocate for our county Domestic Violence agency and Rape Crisis agency, in combined training for both several years ago. A victim advocate is a buffer for the person or family from direct contact from the accused, LE, etc. To help prevent a constant stressful experience, no matter the situation and often a go between to communicate to those who wanted contact with victim. I helped DV victims with escape plans, accompanied victims to court, met rape victims at the hospital and on one occasion I accompanied a 14yr old rape victim to her interview with LE at her school because her parents allowed the rape to happen while they were present. Helped place her in foster care where was adopted by foster family. She ultimately went to court to seek emancipation from her parents.

Oh, yes he woulddddd. I want to send Dad off with his favorite hog killing rifle , but then, once LE started looking for rifles/guns, someone would remember that. BUT WOULD THEY TELL? I am speaking of only his family being there mind you at that point. Just thoughts on anything goes there.
Well when family gets alone time with the body, does anyone check the casket after that? I don't know but I don't know why the funeral home or anyone would need or want to check a casket after family has their last moments and they close the casket.. does anyone open it again?

Gloria Satterfield fell UP the stairs -- which makes her "accident" even more suspicious. However, before AM's trial began, I did hear "a news source" (can't remember which one) state that the family of Gloria Satterfield did not believe that foul play was involved in her accident.

[ETA: I did find this FitsNews link, but that's not where I "heard" it.]
New Details Emerge About Gloria Satterfield’s Death: Did she trip?

"When she fell ascending the front stairs at the Murdaughs’ Moselle home (or was it their Holly Street house?) in Colleton County (or was it Hampton?), Gloria was tripped (or pushed?) by either Bubba, Bourbon, Blue or Sassy — or maybe it was none of them."

[Quote from Eric Bland, Satterfield family's attorney, from the same article]
“'It’s a fact — and now a universal truth — that Alex Murdaugh is a despicable human being and doesn’t think and act like a normal law-abiding citizen and ethical attorney,' Satterfield family [attorney] Eric Bland said Wednesday. 'However do I think that [AM] had a hand in Gloria Satterfield’s death or there was foul play? The answer is no. Nonetheless, I do firmly believe that he used her accidental death as a vehicle to enrich himself and his best friend Cory Fleming.'”

;)
Isn’t ones instinct to use your hands to help your fall. Falling up is odd. I didn’t know that

No. Phones need to be paired to another device for bluetooth to function. Otherwise every time you ride with a friend or in an Uber your phone would end up linked to the car's mobile entertainment system.
So, how did Brian K.'s (Idaho 4 ) pair with the bluetooth of a speaker in the house?

Iirc it was s home viewing.
The obit states a graveside service. I could not find any MSM the viewing was at home. It is unusual for the caskets to be kept in the home.

The family usually receives friends at the home and is stated in the obit, with an address, but not PMs.

There was testimony from one of his son's friends that he was employed as a runner for the firm for a time and that one of his jobs was to cash (lots of) checks. He testified about an occasion when he walked into Alex's office and Alex had envelopes of money and the Police Chief of a neighboring town was in the office.

But beyond possible bribes, the family has been literally in charge of justice in the 14th circuit for 100 years. Alex himself carried two solicitor's office badges -- one assistant, and one associate. I highly recommend the Murdaugh Murders podcast, which is recorded by a local SC investigative journalist who has been researching and writing about the Murdaughs for four years.
also the state revealed in court that the police chief of another county who accompanied his brother to the scene, was given a 'loan' by AM. AM who stole millions, plays the 'generous guy'.

South Carolina Police Chief Got 'Loan' From Alex Murdaugh One Month After Double Homicide - FITSNews

I was hoping RM would step to Buster's side to offer a fatherly shoulder but it seems RM wants nothing to do with this tragedy. JJM and Buster seemed close during the trial but they weren't together when the verdict came in so that was noted.
RSBM
"Buster held up pretty well until the cameras were off him — but then he collapsed,” said a source who was at the Colleton County Courthouse when Murdaugh, 54, was found guilty of the grisly double murder.

“He was crying uncontrollably. The uncles [Alex’s brothers, John Marvin Murdaugh and Randy Murdaugh] finally got him into a car.”

A juror who convicted Alex Murdaugh on Thursday told ABC News in an exclusive interview that the piece of evidence which convinced him the disgraced lawyer was guilty, was the cellphone video placing him at the scene minutes before the murders of his wife and son.

“I was certain it was [Murdaugh’s] voice,” Craig Moyer, a carpenter, said as he recalled the background voice he heard during his first watch of the video captured by Murdaugh's son. The video was taken at the family's dog kennels by Paul Murdaugh, 22, who later that night was brutally murdered along with his mother Margaret, 52.

MORE: Alex Murdaugh found guilty in murder of wife, son

“Everybody else could hear [Murdaugh’s voice] too,” Moyer said, referring to the other jurors.
He also said when asked by the interviewer "when/how he knew" AM did it, he said "when I looked into his eyes" ... "he had soulless eyes". o_O

MOO I don't know what BM does for a living.

Alex also wanted right away to plant the seed to SLED that the killings were related to the boat crash.

It is possible that shock and trauma, PTSD, has kept Buster from being able to either complete law studies or pursue gainful and fulfilling employment. Perhaps he needed for the trial to end so he could gather remaining pieces of his life and begin creating new memories without his parents and brother beside him. We expect most men to be strong Alpha Males when they're only humans.

It is my hope that with funds from selling Moselle, along with whatever generosity the M family sees fit to extend to Buster will be taken and carefully used to spend a modest but honest life near the ocean with peace. Get married. Raise a family.

We only know what TOS allows us to know and discuss here which in this case, is by AM who told investigators that BM was living in Rock Hill with his girlfriend and her mother and working at Wild Wings.

At the time of the interview, AM was expecting BM would be returning to law school in January (2022?). My hope for BM is that he can go no-contact with AM and make an honorable life for himself. JMO

It’s been well talked about and alluded to, not by the court, but parties associated with some of the Murdaugh cases. Watch the documentaries and listen to former acquaintances and locals associated with the Murdaugh family.

It does happen. I know some people would like to believe it doesn’t, but money talks and incentives are appealing to some. It’s a reality.
I realize gossip is easy to come by. I was looking for proof. If LE is crooked the AM has a good case for a retrial.

I'd love to see who was taking kick backs.
MOO...

So I'm sure you guys have probably discussed this at length - I admittedly have not been following along here because between watching the trials and following along on Reddit I haven't been here much at all. But if you think the jury got this right - what were the things that pushed you towards "guilty"?

For me it was the 17-19 second window that he took to call 911, and the kennel video.

Special mention: claiming to have checked their pulses prior to 911, not having any visible blood on him after checking their pulses, and of course, the ballistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123