GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Murdaugh boat accident may have just been the last straw for Alex.

They were going to get sued and it's possible that trying to find all his money, would have led into all his other crimes being uncovered and people were starting to question about the housekeepers death and that young mans' hit and run death.

Alex was taking a lot of drugs and that will cloud your mind and he may have just thought this would end all the investigations, who would come after him when he just lost his wife and son. Sometimes self-preservation can make people do crazy things in a moment of panic.

I didn't see the sentencing today, did his son Buster plead for a lesser sentence? Watching the verdict yesterday, why did he sit so far behind his father, usually the family is in that first row right behind the defendant? (I didn't watch much of the trial, so that may have been explained, but it just seemed odd to me when I watched that part)

I thought it was going to be not guilty with how fast it came down.

Chicken went back to doing what chickens do

Parked my car wherever I park my car

Mags was so sweet and feminine

Papa T, Mags, Pau Pau and Ro Ro

Bus’s beautiful little girlfriend

So you’re saying you took 60 pills a day? Sometimes I took more and sometimes I took less. So how many pills were you taking? I don’t know.
One of my favorite AM word salads: "You've got a lot of factors in there, Mr. Waters, all of which I do not agree with, but some of which I do," Murdaugh said.

I didn't see the sentencing today, did his son Buster plead for a lesser sentence? Watching the verdict yesterday, why did he sit so far behind his father, usually the family is in that first row right behind the defendant?
Buster didn't speak to the judge during the sentencing phase.

He wasn't sitting directly behind Alex because the family violated court rules during the trial and the judge moved them back. They passed a contraband book to Alex and allegedly did some other things as well.

IMO, deliberation is a discussion. it takes all of them to discuss each other's point of view. havent you ever pondered another person's take on something and say wow...yes, I missed that..and subsequently changed your point of view based on another component not taken into account initially?
Oh yes of course I understand how discussion works and it can take a minute to clear up confusion on something. I was questioning what was the deal with the shotgun shells because I missed it. I don't think we've discussed it here that different shotgun shells might have meant 2 shooters. 2 guns yes, but not just the shotgun shells suggested 2 shooters. I found it an odd thing that's all. I get that it could have been cleared up very quickly for a switched vote. Could be as simple as misunderstanding something about the evidence.

They were going to get sued and it's possible that trying to find all his money, would have led into all his other crimes being uncovered and people were starting to question about the housekeepers death and that young mans' hit and run death.

Alex was taking a lot of drugs and that will cloud your mind and he may have just thought this would end all the investigations, who would come after him when he just lost his wife and son. Sometimes self-preservation can make people do crazy things in a moment of panic.

I didn't see the sentencing today, did his son Buster plead for a lesser sentence? Watching the verdict yesterday, why did he sit so far behind his father, usually the family is in that first row right behind the defendant? (I didn't watch much of the trial, so that may have been explained, but it just seemed odd to me when I watched that part)

Agreed. Excellent post.

Quick deliberation usually result in guilty verdict.

BM did not plead for lesser sentence.

M family were pushed back a few rows because of their own actions. BM flying a middle finger and sister LMG passing contraband (a book) to AM.

Last edited:
I do. Won't be well liked. To many mistakes by LE. Didn't secure crime scene, should have turned over to outside agency, so much circumstational evidence. Didn't look for other suspects, even with PM being threatened. Did thry investigate any rhreats?

I've believed from day one this was revenge. The way PM was killed. I think MM was in the wrong place. Not sure who, he wronged so many. Some hated this man.

I've known grown men to lay in freezing rain, on the ground, silent for hours. Waiting to shoot deer. Two friends laid in wait to record a mother's lover staying over. They recorded until he left the next am 12 hrs.

It would be very easy to park a several miles away. Hike in and lay in wait. I do believe there were two shooters. The persons knew the family well, knew what guns to use.

Now if LE had secured the crime scene, called in our agency to investigate, etc, then I would feel comfortable in the verdict.
Moo....

Sorry, your theory doesn't work. There were no defensive wound and the dogs and guineas did not alert. It was a surprise attack, the victims knew the killer.

But it primarily doesn't work because there is no way getting around the timeline. There's no realistic way, since he was there at 8:44, that he was gone before the murders took place. He was there when it happened and that's why he has to be the one who did it.

And there are multiple other pieces of evidence that corroborate this further. There is nothing exculpatory in the evidence.

Last edited:

Mark Tindall, lawyer for the Beach family, was looking in to All AM's finances, as AM was claiming they did not have the monies to settle, and Mark pointed out how many cases AM had settled/won, and he amounts of money he would incur from those, pointing out AM lies.
MM seemed baffled by the Claims and demands, as she shared her feelings with Blanca shortly before her Murder.
At the same time, the Firm AM worked for, that his own Grandfather had created, was discovering Missing Monies of all kinds, and this lead to discovery of his stealing Awards to Clients, one who was Totally Disabled, and another was the Insurance Award to Ms Satterfield's 2 sons. The man has no heart or soul. MOO

Judge Newman’s address to AM and the court was beyond anything I imagined. He has such a way of expressing himself, and no surprise there was zero emotion from AM. I can’t tell you how much I admire this Judge!
Personally I think this judge made a HUGE error in allowing the AM embezzlement allegations to be told to the jury at this murder trial. IMO this conviction will be reversed on appeal for that reason, and the State will have to try him again. MOO

I wonder: would the outcome have been different had Alex not opted for a speedy trial?

Sorry, your theory doesn't work. There were no defensive wound and the dogs and guineas did not alert. It was a surprise attack, the victims knew the killer.

But it primarily doesn't work because there is no way getting around the timeline. There's no realistic way, since he was there at 8:44, that he was gone before the murders took place. He was there when it happened and that's why he has to be the one who did it.

And there are multiple other pieces of evidence that corroborate this further. There is nothing exculpatory in the evidence.
AM himself said there were No Other People in the area at the time he was there. An admission if I ever heard one. MOO

Personally I think this judge made a HUGE error in allowing the AM embezzlement allegations to be told to the jury at this murder trial. IMO this conviction will be reversed on appeal for that reason, and the State will have to try him again. MOO
I doubt it, this information was initially excluded but the defense introduced it on cross of state witnesses. Moo

The witness was asked whether he could think of any reason … why Mr. Murdaugh would commit the crimes he's accused of committing,” Newman said. “That, in effect, turned the cross-examination of that witness from dealing with specific issues in the case to having that witness testify as a character witness for Mr. Murdaugh.”

Citing questions about whether Murdaugh had been a loving father and good provider, Newman said that “in the court’s view, that opened the door for the state to respond by asking questions as the state did.”
In his ruling on Thursday, Judge Newman said the questions about Alex’s finances from the prosecution were permitted. A criminal procedure rule typically does not allow evidence about someone’s bad character to be introduced, but the judge said it was permitted here because prosecutors were trying to rebut evidence that the defense had already raised.

“The defense in the case has primarily been that the defendant has such a great character that he could not possibly have committed these offenses,” Newman said. “That's been a general thread from the opening statement throughout.”

Newman also chided Alex’s defense team for objecting on the basis that the question to Loving was “totally improper,” saying there was no legal basis for any such objection.
www.buzzfeednews.com

Alex Murdaugh’s Lawyers Inadvertently “Opened The Door” To Evidence About His Other Alleged Crimes, A Judge Ruled

Dang, So LE testified that AM was paying off the police. At the trial and no one was concerned, or ask who the officers excepting kick backs were? I would think the SAG, would be all over this.

Do you remember about when in the trial?

I think there are so many investigations that we don't know about. This is one that I think is absolutely happening. We know there is the interference at the hospital the night of the boat crash, drug charges with his friend that he wanted to have kill him, and the envelopes with money.

I remember in the blue light rebuttal of the former chief. He denied ever giving AM the permission but the defense asked about two other leaders (right hand men of the former chief). I am thinking an investigation started not soon after that former chief left the stand.

The last thing LE in this area wants to have happen is that news agency find wrongdoing that they didn't want to uncover or failed to look into. Every body is gonna be opening internal investigations. They don't want to end up disgraced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam