Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Man who lived near Dylan Rounds charged with first-degree murder​

A man who lived near 19-year-old Dylan Rounds has been charged with first-degree murder in connection to his disappearance.

59-year-old James Brenner was charged Friday in the First District Court by the Box Elder County Attorney's Office and was formally charged with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony and abuse or desecration of a human body, a third-degree felony.

Man who lived near Dylan Rounds charged with first-degree murder​

A man who lived near 19-year-old Dylan Rounds has been charged with first-degree murder in connection to his disappearance.

59-year-old James Brenner was charged Friday in the First District Court by the Box Elder County Attorney's Office and was formally charged with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony and abuse or desecration of a human body, a third-degree felony.
Who took the video?????

Solid case. JB, sorry excuse of a human being.

Dylan, young, enterprising, hard-working...

So much promise, extinguished unfairly.

:(

“Justin and I would like to thank everyone for the support you have shown us as we focus on finding answers in the disappearance of Dylan,” Candice Cooley, Dylan’s mom, tells EastIdahoNews.com in a statement Friday. “James Brenner has been listed as the official suspect since July 2022…The charges are based on solid evidence that has been released by Box Elder. We ask you to continue your thoughts and prayers for justice for Dylan and that we can bring him home.”

Holy cow. From the article, this:
On Rounds' phone, investigators found a time-lapse video showing Brenner cleaning a gun with blood stains on his arms and his shirt. The video was taken around the time of his disappearance, the charging documents said.

Police obtained the shirt Brenner was wearing in the video and confirmed that Rounds' DNA was on it.

:oops:
:(

So who took the video ? Was Dylan injured and able to record Brenner ? Did Brenner record himself cleaning the gun ? maybe accidentally? So many questions !
Bbm
Oh my goodness.
The bolded gives me freaking chills.
Awful.

Dylan seemed so vulnerable out there by himself ; even though I think he was more than capable of doing the job of running the farm !
Monsters roam this earth.....

Please let his parents and family be able to recover his remains to peacefully lay him to rest.
What a nightmare for his loved ones.
M00.

“Justin and I would like to thank everyone for the support you have shown us as we focus on finding answers in the disappearance of Dylan,” Candice Cooley, Dylan’s mom, tells EastIdahoNews.com in a statement Friday. “James Brenner has been listed as the official suspect since July 2022…The charges are based on solid evidence that has been released by Box Elder. We ask you to continue your thoughts and prayers for justice for Dylan and that we can bring him home.”

I adore Dylan's mom. Class act.

This is one case I was worried about since everyone seemed to know who was responsible for Dylan's disappearance---but it seemed like nothing was being done about it.

I'm happy to be proven wrong. Now I hope and pray his remains are recovered so his family can lay him to rest.

Rest.In.Peace. Sweet Dylan.

❤️

Time lapse. Did Dylan set his phone up as surveillance? And wound up capturing the aftermath?

Extraordinary effort, locating his phone.

Yep time lapse. That's not a recording mode on any mobile phone device is it?

Maybe Dylan had some form of recording devices about his premises or his vehicle that sent notifications or short clips to his phone or a wifi data cloud of some sort when movement or activity had been detected?

Amazing! Dylan has spoken from the dead and now his family can be assured of the correct perpetrator being held to account.

On Rounds' phone, investigators found a time-lapse video showing Brenner cleaning a gun with blood stains on his arms and his shirt. The video was taken around the time of his disappearance, the charging documents said.

Police obtained the shirt Brenner was wearing in the video and confirmed that Rounds' DNA was on it.

LINK

WOW. That is some damning evidence.

Maybe Dylan had some form of recording devices about his premises or his vehicle that sent notifications or short clips to his phone or a wifi data cloud of some sort when movement or activity had been detected?

Amazing! Dylan has spoken from the dead and now his family can be assured of the correct perpetrator being held to account.

My phone (Google Pixel) has a time lapse mode in the camera app. I can set it to record with four button-clicks (camera - video - time lapse - record)

I am absolutely in awe of this young man having the wherewithal to get that recording as he was bleeding out -- and using time lapse was brilliant, because it'd keep recording even if he lost consciousness. Also, IIRC, my phone goes into a power-saving mode during time-lapse where the screen will turn off (or maybe just dim?) after a minute or so to save battery, so anyone looking wouldn't necessarily even realize that it's doing anything.

Kudos to you, Dylan.

I'm very hopeful that, with the evidence he collected, his murderer will be brought to justice.

How about Dylan solving his own murder? How brilliant is that? LibbyGerman recorded her killer with an iPhone. PaulMurdaugh captured his father's voice on a video recording down at the kennels where he was murdered by his dad.

Wonder if this is the one and only time lapse video that Dylan recorded or just the one mentioned in charging docs. Where was JB located during this recording? Did Dylan set his phone's camera to record as he lay dying? Or was his iPhone set up on a hidden tripod?
On Rounds' phone, investigators found a time-lapse video showing Brenner cleaning a gun with blood stains on his arms and his shirt.
Apparently, we can time lapse any video we've recorded using an iPhone. Time lapse functions are in camera settings. There are also a couple of apps that allow time lapse vids. Dylan's mom always said Dylan was a "smart kid".

How to Time-Lapse a Video on iPhone
  • How long are time-lapse videos on iPhone?
    Time-lapse videos on iPhone can last up to 40 seconds depending on the length of the original video. They won't go over 40 seconds no matter how long you record.

I guess if the perpetrator was cleaning his gun and had Dylan's blood on his shirt, he must have shot him at close range and D was alive enough to set his phone recording before he passed. If he'd set a device recording prior to the altercation, then we'd see the full event. It occurred to me that Brenner may have been tampering with the phone afterwards and accidentally recorded himself - that seems extremely unlikely but would also be damning evidence.

How about Dylan solving his own murder? How brilliant is that? LibbyGerman recorded her killer with an iPhone. PaulMurdaugh captured his father's voice on a video recording down at the kennels where he was murdered by his dad.

Wonder if this is the one and only time lapse video that Dylan recorded or just the one mentioned in charging docs. Where was JB located during this recording? Did Dylan set his phone's camera to record as he lay dying? Or was his iPhone set up on a hidden tripod?

Apparently, we can time lapse any video we've recorded using an iPhone. Time lapse functions are in camera settings. There are also a couple of apps that allow time lapse vids. Dylan's mom always said Dylan was a "smart kid".

How to Time-Lapse a Video on iPhone
  • How long are time-lapse videos on iPhone?
    Time-lapse videos on iPhone can last up to 40 seconds depending on the length of the original video. They won't go over 40 seconds no matter how long you record.
I wonder if Dylan didn't set up a baby monitor type camera because he was suspicious. Of theft perhaps.

I have one, synced to my phone. Automatically uploads and stores to my phone, regardless of where my phone is.

So it's possible that his phone didn't record it but the device sent it to his phone from where LE retrieved it.

In that event, JB may not have been near Dylan's phone when he cleaned his weapon, only in view of camera of which he was apparently and thankfully unaware.

I wonder, if this scenario is correct, if Dylan had set up a camera in or near JB's trailer or in the seed shed.

It's all so sad. A squatter, grifter, good for nothing SOB takes the life of a hard working, decent, and beloved young man who wanted simply to farm...

Wish we could bring HIM back and dispatch the other.

The fact that JB hasn't coughed up a location makes him all the worse, and I didn't think that was possible.

JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23