GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was at that 3rd interview
ETA, I'm dumb that's not what you asked lol. IHNI when he learned about it.
I wish that moment was filmed!

Hey, Alec, the little detective wanted us to show you sumpin....

Maybe we will read about when it happened in a book one day. Was that the day he had ‘diarrhea’? :rolleyes:

48 Hours seemed to be one of the older ones with the recent activities added in. I glanced at it but I’m done with the redundancy.

I found it very fascinating that he went away or stayed with Maggies family after the murders…..like no shame in that man.

I can't imagine how betrayed MM's family must feel knowing today it was all an act hoping to gain their support (in the event of an arrest) but instead was only ingratiating himself. His arrogance knows no bounds!

And so evil-- considering he told investigators it was the only thing MM/AM fought about: MM wanted to spend more time with her family and the boys and AM were unwilling. :mad:

When exactly did AM learn of the video?
April 2022 is when investigators finally unlocked Paul's phone. That's 10 months prior to the speedy trial requested by Alex, and 10 months after the murders.

The Judge said that Alex attended a hearing in November where he continued to deny that he was at the kennels at the time of the murders. That would be 4 months prior to trial.

Wasn't there also a complaint from the defence that they didn't have full disclosure in a timely manner at the beginning of the trial? Perhaps that relates to Paul's video minutes before he was murdered?

April 2022 is when investigators finally unlocked Paul's phone. That's 10 months prior to the speedy trial requested by Alex, and 10 months after the murders.

The Judge said that Alex attended a hearing in November where he continued to deny that he was at the kennels at the time of the murders. That would be 4 months prior to trial.

Wasn't there also a complaint from the defence that they didn't have full disclosure in a timely manner at the beginning of the trial? Perhaps that relates to Paul's video minutes before he was murdered?

Yes they did make that complaint. It made me wonder if it was entered into discovery late. November wouldn’t be considered late, though it depends on how they structured their mutual case guidelines.

When did Buster learn about the kennel video?

Was it November 2022?
I don't know otto. I was confused about when AM actually found out. I thought it was the 3rd interview but Seattle corrected me that was when AM found out about Rogen hearing AM while he was talking to PM on the phone. Maybe the first time AM heard it was when the prosecution turned it over in discovery? It took almost a year to get PM's phone unlocked so some time the end of Spring/beginning of Summer 2022? That's my best guess.

Alex was transported Friday evening to Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center in Columbia, South Carolina, a maximum-security, level-three facility that houses male offenders, including some of the state's most violent and dangerous inmates.
That's where Alex will be evaluated over the next 45 days before he's transferred to another maximum-security prison to spend the rest of his life.

Will Alex be sent to a max prison in SC or a max prison in another state?
I'd think for these murder charges it would be a SC prison? If in the future he's convicted on bank or IRS fraud, I don't know, could he possibly get switched to a federal prison?

I'd think for these murder charges it would be a SC prison? If in the future he's convicted on bank or IRS fraud, I don't know, could he possibly get switched to a federal prison?

I doubt it. He is a violent felon. I don't see any special favors for a drug addict lawyer who killed his wife and son, and committed numerous fraud and financial crimes.

Murdaugh name may be "powerful" in the South Carolina Low Country..or may have been, but I don't see any real political factors for a friendly transfer to federal prison. JMO. There is no sweetheart deal here. He is pretty meaningless.

Many of us have read about the sociopathic (antisocial personality disorder) murderer. Many sociopaths lead successful professional lives because they can be clever, cunning and charming, gregarious. Some become murderers. Perhaps they lack the nurturing required to become lawyers, teachers, engineers and other professionals.

What I find interesting is that Alex slid so easily from the sociopath, who is a prominent lawyer and solicitor, to a man who callously murders his wife and son, then rifles his son's pockets while his brain is sitting on the floor next to his feet. They were murdered because Alex wanted to distract everyone with something bigger than his financial fraud.

Antisocial Personality Disorder; formerly known as Sociopath: DSM-5

Respectfully, as gross as that was to read, I am leaning towards the same thinking.

I waffle between thinking there is way more to this story or wondering if he just snapped because he thought Paul had his drugs.

I'm still thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members