OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a court date!! - for GW3

Docket Info:
Date Docket Text
02/28/2023 NOTICE OF HEARING SENT TO ALL REQUIRED PARTIES
Judge: CORBIN, R. ALAN
Event: STATUS CONFERENCE
Date: 03/15/2023 Time: 02:00 PM

Events:
Date Type Event Judge
03/15/2023 02:00 PM STATUS CONFERENCE JUNK, ROBERT

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/eservices/searchresults.page?x=VSFOeCNk
q0MXWtNaWSFz3WiP3*lCCc26wjjBT4WpXiTatlSzZv0BDVxIhcLuC*MiPYbc8Y4UYuhELIGYGmxC8g

anyone notice the judge's name... ??

We have a court date!! - for GW3

Docket Info:
Date Docket Text
02/28/2023 NOTICE OF HEARING SENT TO ALL REQUIRED PARTIES
Judge: CORBIN, R. ALAN
Event: STATUS CONFERENCE
Date: 03/15/2023 Time: 02:00 PM

Events:
Date Type Event Judge
03/15/2023 02:00 PM STATUS CONFERENCE JUNK, ROBERT

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/eservices/searchresults.page?x=VSFOeCNk
q0MXWtNaWSFz3WiP3*lCCc26wjjBT4WpXiTatlSzZv0BDVxIhcLuC*MiPYbc8Y4UYuhELIGYGmxC8g

anyone notice the judge's name... ??

Researching STATUS CONFERENCE and unfortunately it looks like we won't see it.

Last edited:
I don't have time to go into detail right now, but can tell you that A. Canepa was involved in a case where Judge Corbin and two other Judges found a defendant guilty of murdering 4 people in Southern Ohio and he was given the DP. The murders happened in 2017. Will check with Mods to see if it's alright to post a link or at least the name. :cool:

I do believe BW deserves the DP, as well as the other 3. He should have been a man and put a stop to the madness before it happened. Arguably, he and his nutcase wife were the main instigators. They groomed their children to be failures in society. Oh well, LWOP is torture and I hope it haunts the 4 for as long as they may live.

I don't have time to go into detail right now, but can tell you that A. Canepa was involved in a case where Judge Corbin and two other Judges found a defendant guilty of murdering 4 people in Southern Ohio and he was given the DP. The murders happened in 2017. Will check with Mods to see if it's alright to post a link or at least the name. :cool:
It may be good if the new judge is familiar with AC and her way of presenting a case. She has a different but, apparently effective, way of doing things…

It may be good if the new judge is familiar with AC and her way of presenting a case. She has a different but, apparently effective, way of doing things…

He may just be what is needed, I hope he runs a happy yet firm ship. Judge Deering was a wonderful Judge what I'd seen of him, fair but firm.

I do believe BW deserves the DP, as well as the other 3. He should have been a man and put a stop to the madness before it happened. Arguably, he and his nutcase wife were the main instigators. They groomed their children to be failures in society. Oh well, LWOP is torture and I hope it haunts the 4 for as long as they may live.
20 years from now I wonder if George will finally admit he was there that night?

As of now he didn't go along that night and he didn't know or he would have stopped it. He was innocently sleeping with headphones on at midnight, no wait, he change that to 10:30pm.....

If I could ask the jury one thing it would be:

"Would you have convicted George of all 22 charges without Jake and Angela's testimony?"

Last edited:
20 years from now I wonder if George will finally admit he was there that night?

As of now he didn't go along that night and he didn't know or he would have stopped it. He was innocently sleeping with headphones on at midnight, no wait, he change that to 10:30pm.....

If I could ask the jury one thing it would be:

"Would you have convicted George of all 22 charges without Jake and Angela's testimony?"

Was he sleeping with headphones or watching a movie with the family. That was another alibi. He didn’t seem to be able to stick with just one alibi. That did not help him gain the jury’s sympathy.

Was he sleeping with headphones or watching a movie with the family. That was another alibi. He didn’t seem to be able to stick with just one alibi. That did not help him gain the jury’s sympathy.
Right. According to Jake the family alibi was watching a movie together but Jake said he couldn't remember the name of the movie.

I think George said he was sleeping with headphones on to listen to something to help him sleep.

I believe he used the headphones as a way to show he wasn't aware of what his family was doing, couldn't hear them leaving and so forth. Headphones were a way for him to distance himself from any family commotion that night. Remember, he didn't "know" anything.

He may just be what is needed, I hope he runs a happy yet firm ship. Judge Deering was a wonderful Judge what I'd seen of him, fair but firm.
Deering didn’t allow the Defense to push through all their motions. He had laws and rulings backing his decisions. I felt he was fair with them to not have an excuse to try to call a mistrial or win an appeal for a new trial…

Right. According to Jake the family alibi was watching a movie together but Jake said he couldn't remember the name of the movie.

I think George said he was sleeping with headphones on to listen to something to help him sleep.

I believe he used the headphones as a way to show he wasn't aware of what his family was doing, couldn't hear them leaving and so forth. Headphones were a way for him to distance himself from any family commotion that night. Remember, he didn't "know" anything.
But, George also said no one could have left that night without him knowing about it. So you have that version, also.

But, George also said no one could have left that night without him knowing about it. So you have that version, also.
I remember that being said at George's Bond Hearing. That his room was right where he could see people coming and going out of the house. That he would know if anyone were to leave the house.

He said he couldn't hear - but he said he could see - hummm.....OK then

Last edited:
Just a few docket updates... for GW3

Date Docket Text
02/28/2023 ORDER SCHEDULING STATUS CONFERENCE FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2023 AT 2:00PM

02/28/2023 WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM BUTLER CO JAIL ON MARCH 15, 2023 AT 2:00PM FOR STATUS CONFERENCE

03/01/2023 AMENDED WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM BUTLER CO JAIL ON MARCH 15, 2023 AT 2:00PM

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/e...x74O9zcFdaAwAV84I-0wcDA7N8*Dybq6myzKQsMcc1LQQ

and for GW4 appeal:

Date Docket Text
02/27/2023 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OR PREHEARING CONFERENCE FILED
COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/e...x74O9zcFdaAwBdd1G1w7gH55Kg2SWfrXcKlzU7qAaOvRQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam