GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
They loved am. he was their KIN...like all of us would react, they couldn't fathom the depth of this..they thought they knew him.. I cant fault them...
imo, the support of being there I could see, but once the evidence is shown, be respectful of the court. But, that is me, and also, I've not walked in their shoes, thankfully.

Kin is a convicted murder, too, BTW.

I want answers for Gloria’s boys but Sandy Smith has been waiting so long. Hope they are starting work on Stephen Smith’s death!!!
Isn’t Gloria Satterfield’s case just a matter of convicting him for the insurance fraud charge? It has already been settled and the boys got the settlement money. AM admitted what he did - just needs to be convicted and sentenced, IIRC. What answers are left to be answered? Tinsley and the Satterfield family have indicated they do not believe there was foul play which caused her death.

Now Stephen’s case has Q’s - who killed him and why? That is a mystery!

Really enjoyed listening to Dr. John Matthias (Hidden True Crime) A bit of what he had to say:

You literally have every member of that family sitting behind AM, the point is you have overwhelming evidence as the jury knew and took less than three hours to convict him - just like the boat crash yet not a single family member is willing to advocate for PM or MM, they’re all sitting behind AM , they’re all sitting behind him, pretending this is the boat crash where PM wasn’t driving … we all know PM was driving. This family rallied behind him, denied that he killed them despite all of the evidence.

No one speaks up to give PM or MM a voice. They’re all unified and believing this myth. It began with Randolph I and the train crash he thinks it was a suicide that’s why it’s so critical. That moment reverberates through the generations and it creates an incredibly enmeshed family rally around falsehoods because they’re more interested in their own interest and their own dynasty and saving that dynasty than they are the truth and making sense of this and holding their brother accountable.

Then, they are all whack-a-doo's and very very out of touch with current reality.

IMO.

imo, the support of being there I could see, but once the evidence is shown, be respectful of the court. But, that is me, and also, I've not walked in their shoes, thankfully.

Kin is a convicted murder, too, BTW.
yes..but they need time...It's not going to be an instant reversal of their love and core beliefs..Your brother...could you instantly turn on him? it's sooo complicated...

BOYS AND TOYS... BLUE LIGHTS ARE JUST A NUTZO STATUS SYMBOL FOR SOME. I live in a very rural community...i moved here with NO IDEA what the heck blue lights even meant..Yes, lovely people acquire blue lights and respond to an emergency..they receive 50$ per response., here In my experience, they were wonderful.. It's also a status symbol of sorts.. some are EMTs Some are untrained responders... again..boys...some think it's status..some love the adrenaline rush..and some are qualified EMTs. In any event, they need permission for the lights...qualification is ...I dunno..

Surely they don't get paid if they are not authorized to perform that service?

That's not the case here. The Sheriff said permission to do what you're describing is not given in their jurisdiction (nor most jurisdictions). My family lives in a place where people get per diem money for being a (once in a while) deputy (no blue lights, but they do get $ per call - they just use their own cars and everyone knows that using one's emergency blinkers whil driving fasts means you're dealing with a part time deputy).

Sheriff got on the stand and said that's not done in the jurisdiction in question. And where I live, all EMT's have to have insurance of some kind to do their job - just like any other responsible person who might incur liability. Yes, it's a status symbol to have lights on your Suburban or whatever it is. Most people with those lights are decided not EMT's in most jurisdictions - it's quite scary to have unregistered, non-public employees, non-LE driving around with the ability to pull people over. Serial rapists do that, and serial killers.

Even "qualified" people (like Alec Murdaugh or certain doctors or certain policemen) are capable of murder. So it's not okay to impersonate a police officer in most places (Alec even had two expired badges!)

I'm glad they need permission for the lights where you live - where I live, no one gets that permission except people who are part of a registered police force. Sadly, that also includes so-called private police, which is scary.

IMO.

Isn’t Gloria Satterfield’s case just a matter of convicting him for the insurance fraud charge? It has already been settled and the boys got the settlement money. AM admitted what he did - just needs to be convicted and sentenced, IIRC. What answers are left to be answered? Tinsley and the Satterfield family have indicated they do not believe there was foul play which caused her death.

Regarding Satterfield, I heard or read awhile ago that opening up her cause of death (to possible intentional homicide) could be problematic because a finding of intentional homicide could mean there was no applicable insurance coverage (insurance doesn't cover murder, obviously) and the insurance company might be looking for the money back. I have no idea about the validity of any of this (don't shoot the messenger) but I did read/hear about. Maybe it's too late to undo the insurance part because of a statute of limitations. I don't know. JMO.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed listening to Dr. John Matthias (Hidden True Crime) A bit of what he had to say:

You literally have every member of that family sitting behind AM, the point is you have overwhelming evidence as the jury knew and took less than three hours to convict him - just like the boat crash yet not a single family member is willing to advocate for PM or MM, they’re all sitting behind AM , they’re all sitting behind him, pretending this is the boat crash where PM wasn’t driving … we all know PM was driving. This family rallied behind him, denied that he killed them despite all of the evidence.

No one speaks up to give PM or MM a voice. They’re all unified and believing this myth. It began with Randolph I and the train crash he thinks it was a suicide that’s why it’s so critical. That moment reverberates through the generations and it creates an incredibly enmeshed family rally around falsehoods because they’re more interested in their own interest and their own dynasty and saving that dynasty than they are the truth and making sense of this and holding their brother accountable.

Eric Bland is representing Gloria’s sons. Mark Tinsley represents the Beach family.

There are some questions about Gloria’s death. Her body is going to be exhumed.

Surely they don't get paid if they are not authorized to perform that service?

That's not the case here. The Sheriff said permission to do what you're describing is not given in their jurisdiction (nor most jurisdictions). My family lives in a place where people get per diem money for being a (once in a while) deputy (no blue lights, but they do get $ per call - they just use their own cars and everyone knows that using one's emergency blinkers whil driving fasts means you're dealing with a part time deputy).

Sheriff got on the stand and said that's not done in the jurisdiction in question. And where I live, all EMT's have to have insurance of some kind to do their job - just like any other responsible person who might incur liability. Yes, it's a status symbol to have lights on your Suburban or whatever it is. Most people with those lights are decided not EMT's in most jurisdictions - it's quite scary to have unregistered, non-public employees, non-LE driving around with the ability to pull people over. Serial rapists do that, and serial killers.

Even "qualified" people (like Alec Murdaugh or certain doctors or certain policemen) are capable of murder. So it's not okay to impersonate a police officer in most places (Alec even had two expired badges!)

I'm glad they need permission for the lights where you live - where I live, no one gets that permission except people who are part of a registered police force. Sadly, that also includes so-called private police, which is scary.

IMO.
Good post! Yes, they get perdiem money ..are there people who acquire the blue light status or just have blue lights illegally? How would I know???? How would anyone know? Unless they are caught...

yes all about the insurance fraud...Erik Bland tonight said that he does NOT think that AM or Paul killed her...his thought is they would have finished the job rather than call 911 and have her leave still alive and potentially start talking. I guess it was just a great opportunity when she fell to collect that insurance.

Eric Bland is representing Gloria’s sons. Mark Tinsley represents the Beach family.

There are some questions about Gloria’s death. Her body is going to be exhumed.
really? how incredibly sad for everyone...What is to be gained at this point? If it was murder...I guess the death penalty for the perp...otherwise... I dunno...let her rest in peace... i hate exhumations..

Regarding Satterfield, I heard or read awhile ago that opening up her cause of death (to possible intentional homicide) could be problematic because a finding of intentional homicide could mean there was no applicable insurance coverage (insurance doesn't cover murder, obviously) and the insurance company might be looking for the money back. I have no idea about the validity of any of this (don't shoot the messenger) but I did read/hear about. Maybe it's too late to undo the insurance part because of a statue of limitations. I don't know. JMO.
I agree. The only news I recall was shortly after the roadside shooting Sept 2022 when SLED announced they were re-opening an investigation into GS's 2018 death.

In a letter to SLED, which was obtained by The Daily Beast, Hampton County Coroner Angela Topper requested that state authorities open an investigation into Satterfield’s death due to “inconsistencies” surrounding it.

Topper added that not only was Satterfield’s death not reported to the coroner at the time of her death, but an autopsy was never performed.

as the poster explained in many states both sides get to ask questions of each potential juror after an initial process of eliminating some that know key people in the case...are extreme hardship due to health etc. I was involved in two minor (compared to these cases) and the voir dire seemed more extensive that what was described here. It went very fast.

How else would they know anything if they don’t ask questions?

Is there a thread for Gloria?
There is now:

ETA: Hampton, CO (not Hampden). Sometimes my brain goes British without warning. ;)

To follow-up on a previous post, no - I don't think AM is/was wearing a toupee/hair-piece. That hair looked 100% real to me. This is why the pic. of him with the shaved head was so jarring.

Having listened to a lot of the attorney commentators throughout the trial, I was amazed at their seemly lack of concern for truth or connection to reality. For many of the so called expert attorneys, the trial wasn’t about truth or justice, it was about strategy on how to trick a jury and a running commentary on all the mistakes that the prosecution was making. A lot of arrogance on full display, thinking that the ‘common folk jury’ would end up confused and unsure.

The world needs more Judge Newmans.

This is absolutely correct. It's 100% evident that a lot of people in this profession could care less about the truth - but only about lining their pocket-books. If they can get a known thief/murderer/sicko off (even if they are 100% certain the accused is guilty) they'll do everything they can to achieve this goal....as long as the accused has enough money to pay their expensive fee(s).

This is one of the many reasons the justice system is so unfair. I.e., if two people commit the same crime (no matter what this is) and:

1) Person A is wealthy & can afford an expensive, proficient, and competent lawyer who will try their hardest to get them cleared;
2) Person B is poor/middle class & can't afford a lawyer at all, or can't afford one that's any good;

It's obvious that Person A has a much better chance of getting off than Person B.

Going along with this, poor/middle class people that are actually innocent of a crime they're accused of obviously cannot afford expensive lawyers. And, because of this they are much more likely to get convicted than if they had an expensive lawyer trying everything they could to prove their innocence.

Last edited:
I know in Pa prisons your only allowed to spend so much a week, he better be buying for the big boys first lol.

We know that in a call on Jan 4, 2022, AM had it figured out!

We know that in a call on Jan 4, 2022, AM had it figured out!

Wow didn’t realize he asked for money to go in someone else’s account !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88