Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

My daughter is actually in their daughter’s class. Personally knowing the 7 year old daughter - she is TRULY so sweet and innocent. It breaks my heart to think that a possible dumb night of bad decisions will scar this poor child forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
So see pin (where his body was found) - the parking lot is actually owned by the funeral home. So that has to have been a recent body dump. No way the funeral home people (who know what a decaying body smells like) didn’t smell it first View attachment 407421
Closed funeral home. Most of this area has been bought up by the ExxonMobil refinery just west and north as a green buffer. Not a lot of people out and about in that area.

Closed funeral home. Most of this area has been bought up by the ExxonMobil refinery just west and north as a green buffer. Not a lot of people out and about in that area.
Gotcha. Their website (funeral home) still shows that as a valid location of theirs - that’s why I thought it was still open.

Temperatures in BR have been in the mid- to high 80s every day since NM disappeared. At those temperatures and high Louisiana humidity, decomposition would set in rapidly if he was in a building with no air conditioning. A rug would be sufficient to hide his body, but not necessarily to contain the fluids associated with decomposition. An added layer of plastic would help to ensure that none of those DNA-containing fluids would land on the vehicle being used to transport his body to the dump site and therefore link his death to the residents of the house.

And I agree, a horrific way to be treated after death, no matter how he died.
Makes it even less likely to me it was just an OD and some fellow druggies got rid of his body.
Those are a lot of things to keep in mind and have knowledge of.
I hardly think they would have sat there discussing DNA and decomposition as they wrapped him up.
I've heard of ODd bodies being set on fire but this to me is going an extra mile.
He could still have ODd, but I think something more sinister than druggies/ drug dealers was behind this.
idk. imo.

So see pin (where his body was found) - the parking lot is actually owned by the funeral home. So that has to have been a recent body dump. No way the funeral home people (who know what a decaying body smells like) didn’t smell it first View attachment 407421
Imo that building is no longer a funeral home. There appears to be a hole or two in the roof and broken windows on the front with a couple windows boarded up.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope everyone is able to rally around and support her and her family in the days and months and years to come. Mine are both around the same age and it breaks my heart to think of having to have this conversation with them.

I believe there’s a picture or video of someone using his card.

There is, it hasn't been released to the public, which is odd unless they know who he is and he has an alibi that removes him from any relationship with the crime.

The "Millard" below is his wife and her words.

Millard said Baton Rouge police have surveillance footage of someone using her husband’s debit card.

“It shows a male using his card,” Millard said “We’re just at a standstill for more camera footage to be presented.

There is, it hasn't been released to the public, which is odd unless they know who he is and he has an alibi that removes him from any relationship with the crime.

The "Millard" below is his wife and her words.

Millard said Baton Rouge police have surveillance footage of someone using her husband’s debit card.

“It shows a male using his card,” Millard said “We’re just at a standstill for more camera footage to be presented.

From a different article it was also used at a Greyhound station:

Millard and family friend Matt Still said that police have surveillance footage of a man — not Millard — using his credit card at an ATM.

“His credit card was used at least twice, once I believe it was an ATM. I’ve heard there’s video of a man using it and it isn’t Nathan. The second time was at a Greyhound station. Also, his wallet clip was found with his American Express, but no ID,”

IIRC these discrepancies with the ATM footage were cleared up a few days ago. It sounded like the time stamp was off. There was footage of NM using his card at those ATMs. The other people were using their own cards.

IIRC these discrepancies with the ATM footage were cleared up a few days ago. It sounded like the time stamp was off. There was footage of NM using his card at those ATMs. The other people were using their own cards.

I remember reading about that.

He was using his own card and other people were using theirs.

My heart aches for his wife and kids. :( This sort of reminds me of the case a few years back (sadly I cannot recall her name) of the woman that went out with some friends to a bar, then later was found deceased, also rolled in a sheet/blanket and in a super sketchy part of town. She OD'd, and someone was scared they'd be blamed. Unforunately, it's not as rare as it should be.

jmo

If it was an OD, is it common for people with drug issues to meet up with people they don't know in order to go score some drugs?

Is that how it usually works?
Addiction is a terrible thing and will absolutely make otherwise reasonable, rational people do things they never would have imagined they'd do in order to scratch that itch.

My father was a heroin addict and the places he ended up, passed out on the floor with a needle in his arm, were not places he would have ever set foot before the addiction had hold of him. I think when you have a desperate need for the substance to which you are addicted, anyone who can give it to you seems A-OK to you, IMO.

Addiction is a terrible thing and will absolutely make otherwise reasonable, rational people do things they never would have imagined they'd do in order to scratch that itch.

My father was a heroin addict and the places he ended up, passed out on the floor with a needle in his arm, were not places he would have ever set foot before the addiction had hold of him. I think when you have a desperate need for the substance to which you are addicted, anyone who can give it to you seems A-OK to you, IMO.

Thank you for explaining it to me

I have followed this peripherally, but don't get a drug overdose vibe. I had wondered if possibly he had been abducted and driven to different ATM's to make forced withdrawals. That seems very unlikely in light of how he was found.

It also seems unlikely that he would wonder around in a drunken stupor, lose his phone, and somehow be invited into a house to do hard drugs and overdose.

I guess anything is possible at this point. I don't have a real feeling for his relationship with the "client". Had they worked together before. Were they old friends? I understand wining and dining a client. Maybe the client wanted to go to the game and the strip club, but if that were the case, why would the client be delayed at the bar while paying the tab? What was at the job site that required both men to physically be present for a meeting? It may not be related, but the details bother me.

I also wonder if the phone was not actually lost, but was later planted by those involved with the death to lead LE away from the actual death site.
RBBM
The details bother me, too. A lot of speculation about NM's conduct here that I don't see as likely (overdosing for one).

The items used to wrap his body were probably in that garage, not brought there.

Baton Rouge is the main culprit here IMO. Wandering around a crime ravaged area alone late at night whether intoxicated is dangerous for anyone. Terrible to visit a city anywhere in America & not be safe.

MOO

Last edited:
Wrapping a body in a rug (or anything else) is almost always used immediately prior to transport. As gross as it sounds, it's just easier to move a dead person wrapped up, than unwrapped. So for that reason alone, I'm guessing the rug wasn't already there in that cinder block garage. One of the news reports I watched this morning said wrapped in a rug and covered in plastic. If this is accurate, I'd guess the plastic was there, but the rug came from somewhere else.

jmo

Right--I first thought Roofied ...but we dont know his alcohol tolerance level or how much he drank but I definitely did not rule out roofied.
also-- ATM withdraws need a PIN #
Most Purchases do NOT need a PIN #

Whoever withdrew $$ from ATM, had his PIN #, which makes me think it was him, but one news article said it was not, so there's that.

Following along here-- First thought was male, intoxicated, roofied, wandering around unknown, strange town...usually = ending up in water.

I pray I am wrong-- I cannot imagine what his wife and family and friends are going through. Hoping he is found soon.
The news article I read said the ATM video was of someone of a different race.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back