Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at the time, but he could have brought suspicion on himself at a later date, if for instance he stated he was somewhere else on May 3 07, or gave an alibi that was checked out (during the 2103 interview), but BKA has evidence (from NF or CB) to disprove that now.
Did he say to BKA in 2013 that he was with the 'holiday fling' for instance, like he has said since?
Has he been questioned as a suspect, what ever he said previously counts for nothing until and unless the BKA can put it to him he killed Madeleine which is the claim.

Has he been questioned to explain any thing away ?
I don’t believe so. I’m anticipating that he will give a No Comment I/v therefore he won’t be able to explain the specific comments re MM; the reason he was in Luz; who he phoned that night; the fibres in the van & video of MM if they exist. It leaves the Defence attacking the Prosecution case but without any explanation for his odd half confessions.

I don’t believe so. I’m anticipating that he will give a No Comment I/v therefore he won’t be able to explain the specific comments re MM; the reason he was in Luz; who he phoned that night; the fibres in the van & video of MM if they exist. It leaves the Defence attacking the Prosecution case but without any explanation for his odd half confessions.
There are no fibres.

We DO have new evidence… but we did NOT find fibres in Madeleine McCann suspect's van': German prosecutor DENIES bombshell claim but says new clue points to Christian Brueckner.​

You are making sense. I don't understand it either. But I can't think what else other than imagery would constitute material evidence that MM is dead.

I don't disagree but what could the material evidence be then, do you think? This is like Groundhog Day. We're back to asking the same questions we were asking a thousand threads (and what feels like years) ago.
…it was years ago, we’ve been try to understand HCW’s silver bullet for a long time and now I fear it’s more like a led pellet!

On material evidence, has HCW said they have physical evidence? For a long time he was saying “concrete” (in the German sense, there is a difference between material and concrete) and “circumstantial” did this ever change? As with the fibres, he always seems to close this speculation down quickly.

If he has said material or physical, would Das Buch qualify? Perhaps that’s a question for @mrjitty or @SuperdadV8. GA did say that this was what the BKA investigation was based on - perhaps he was right.

They establish he was likely there that night via the telephone.

All they established in that matter is that his phone pinged that night at the PdL tower. There is no way to tell from that ping where the phone was exactly. Near the Ocean Club? On the other end of the town? Ten or more kilometers away from the PdL? Considering that CB lived at the time in a place a few kilometers from PdL, that ping is not much of evidence for anything.

Why would it count for nothing?
I think whatever he said in 2013 is probably something that the BKA can prove was impossible or unlikely. If he lied when giving this statement then it’s a clear indication he has something to hide. Therefore, it probably counts for quite a bit in terms of the investigation.

If Herr Wolters has definitive proof Madeleine has been murdered. but can't definitively identify the suspect. beyond that it has nothing whatever to with Kate, Gerry or any of their friends, where does that leave Amaral's book and his allegations?
Exactly as it is now, I would think.

Wolters has an opinion. However expert he may consider it to be, what he claims has yet to be put to the test.

I think whatever he said in 2013 is probably something that the BKA can prove was impossible or unlikely. If he lied when giving this statement then it’s a clear indication he has something to hide. Therefore, it probably counts for quite a bit in terms of the investigation.
Was it under caution ? was he required to sign a statement ? there is no smoking gun hidden in it, lest he'd be charged by now.

You are making sense. I don't understand it either. But I can't think what else other than imagery would constitute material evidence that MM is dead.

I don't disagree but what could the material evidence be then, do you think? This is like Groundhog Day. We're back to asking the same questions we were asking a thousand threads (and what feels like years) ago.

I think it might be the evidence we know about. Do they have more than that? Who knows.

Following the Nikki Bulley fiasco, i am more convinced than ever that the proper forum for such discussions is in Court - especially some of the speculation like the MWT 'doco' is troubling from a rule of law POV

Was it under caution ? was he required to sign a statement ? there is no smoking gun hidden in it, lest he'd be charged by now.
No he wasn’t under caution; he was invited to give a statement. If he lied in this circumstance then that is suspicious.

No one said it was a smoking gun but in your post above you said that his prior comments counted for nothing. I disagree, it’s another suspicious act along with confessing to a friend etc. that reinforces the likelihood that he is the perpetrator.

No he wasn’t under caution; he was invited to give a statement. If he lied in this circumstance then that is suspicious.

No one said it was a smoking gun but in your post above you said that his prior comments counted for nothing. I disagree, it’s another suspicious act along with confessing to a friend etc. that reinforces the likelihood that he is the perpetrator.
Surely not, people mis-remember all the time. For example, just look at Gerry's statements about which door he entered by that night. And that was just a day or 2 later.
2013 was 6 years after the event. Who remembers precisely what they were doing after that length of time ?

But what lie do you suppose cast's suspicion, if he said he wasn't there and they (BKA) can't contradict it,was it a lie.

In 2017 Rowley talked of cast your net wide enough and and a whole range of offences and sex offenders live nearby, so in 2013 was it likely that Grange identified CB as one and wanted to eliminate him, once again nothing drew suspicion upon him then.

All they established in that matter is that his phone pinged that night at the PdL tower. There is no way to tell from that ping where the phone was exactly. Near the Ocean Club? On the other end of the town? Ten or more kilometers away from the PdL? Considering that CB lived at the time in a place a few kilometers from PdL, that ping is not much of evidence for anything.
I suspect they’ll get him closer to the Ocean Club with the azimuth data. But as you say, big deal.

It’s how it might fit into the bigger story. He told the ex girlfriend he had a ‘big job to do in PdL’.(Bigger than a 5hr trip to Tomar). He won’t ever say what the ‘big job in PdL’ was.

When NF called, he had picked up the Winnebago. She wasn’t sure whether he did show up at her home that night.

The telephone calls/texts will show his general movements that night & following morning - if he wasn’t with NF, then we’d expect to see his phone pinging near the young German girlfriend.

And if the phone didn’t ping near the young girl or NF, then where was it pinging in the hours after 9.30pm? Obviously, there could be an innocent explanation but will the Prosecution be able to draw inferences from his unusual movements or sleeping arrangements that night? He must have had the Winnebago and VW van somewhere that night & was he entitled to park there? Was it somewhere remote?

I suspect they’ll get him closer to the Ocean Club with the azimuth data. But as you say, big deal.

It’s how it might fit into the bigger story. He told the ex girlfriend he had a ‘big job to do in PdL’.(Bigger than a 5hr trip to Tomar). He won’t ever say what the ‘big job in PdL’ was.

When NF called, he had picked up the Winnebago. She wasn’t sure whether he did show up at her home that night.

The telephone calls/texts will show his general movements that night & following morning - if he wasn’t with NF, then we’d expect to see his phone pinging near the young German girlfriend.

And if the phone didn’t ping near the young girl or NF, then where was it pinging in the hours after 9.30pm? Obviously, there could be an innocent explanation but will the Prosecution be able to draw inferences from his unusual movements or sleeping arrangements that night? He must have had the Winnebago and VW van somewhere that night & was he entitled to park there? Was it somewhere remote?
Is that data available?
Has he ever been asked about 'the big job' Did it even exist or was it just talk ?

The thing is that CB wasn't known to be living a "few" kms away at the time. One neighbor to the farmhouse said that when CB left PDL around the end of 2006 that he was living in/close to Lagos. HB also said that he visited CB in Lagos at a building with white walls and a red roof, although this could be almost every building in Portugal I found it odd that HB would describe the place where CB was staying like this and think that maybe it is a metaphor for visiting CB in the old Lagos prison which does have white walls and a red roof. I wonder if the prison holds records of inmate's visitors? It would be interesting to see who, if any other than CP and I believe Piro from the scrapyard visited him. The house that HB described could also possibly be the house in Foral, but I believe HB specifically said Lagos.

MT has said that CB was roughing it in his van close to PDL primo 2007 (maybe BSJ, as it was reported that CB was working in a bar there at the time), but that was several months prior to the disappearance.

I agree that it wouldn't be unusual for the number registered and known to be CB's to ping in PDL if he was still living in the area, but he wasn't.

Is that data available?
Has he ever been asked about 'the big job' Did it even exist or was it just talk ?
There was no legit job. His solicitor tried to suggest he was with the young German girl (on holiday)that night. The solicitor presumably has his telephone records so will hope to make the case that he was wherever she was. Can’t recall now. But we’d expect to see calls to/from the girl that night.

There was no legit job. His solicitor tried to suggest he was with the young German girl (on holiday)that night. The solicitor presumably has his telephone records so will hope to make the case that he was wherever she was. Can’t recall now. But we’d expect to see calls to/from the girl that night.
Only if the data was collected in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member