SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 911 call that was made public it had a couple things redacted from it, from what I gleaned in the full call being played at trial, in the redacted portions he said he was going to the house to get a gun, and that when he checked the bodies for signs of life, he could see their brains - so he knew undoubtedly they were both dead before even calling 911.

I too have thought he was only asking if they were 'officially dead' so he could be positive they couldn't tell LE who shot them, and he could proceed with the alibi he came up with.

I also think he started with something of a different plan than what happened, the timeline is a little too tight for a long-thought-out plan.
RBM, I agree. IMO, in his "imaginings" of how this might take place, he definitely didn't take into account the human factor. For some reason, I think he thought he could kill them both with one shot, and it would look more like an assassination versus a "crime of passion." When the first shot didn't kill PM, the second, IMO, probably covered his face with stuff he probably did not account for in his thought-out plan, possibly got in his eyes and affected his vision, and then chaos ensued with MM. JMO.

In rewatching the bodycam video from the first officer on the scene, IMO, AM wipes his face with his shirt every time he looks towards PM. I'm not a body language expert (although I have read a lot about it), but IMO, in his drugged delusional state, every time he looks towards PM, he is reliving something.....

Again, JMO. moo

There's more to all the buying, selling, exchanging ownership of properties and newly formed LLC's. We need the rest of the story.

AM's property and "business dealings".........it's not a complete timeline or list. It's just a few things I picked out of my notes to share here.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

1998 - AM and B Boulware became business partners. Murdaugh Holdings and B Boulware purchased a stretch of remote waterfront property on the St Helena Island for $115k.

2000 - AM and MM built their Hampton residence

2002 - AM and MM purchased Edisto property for $415K

2003 - AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2004- AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2006 - AM represented Barrett in a civil case against South Attachie Closings

2010 -2021-Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC - AM and R Crosby are the owners of this LLC. There were 7 total property transactions under this LLC between 2010 and 2021, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management is an additional entity.

Unknown Date - R Crosby took out a mortgage for a little over $150K for a piece of property that B Boulware was selling to a company called, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC

Unknown Date - A year and a half later Crosby took out another mortgage for a little over $150K being sold by Barrett to a company called, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management

Unknown Date - AM and R Crosby owned 2 docks that were off loading Jellyfish from a company called Millenary. The Jellyfish were being processed at a facility, Williams Farm. M Ball was the registered agent for Williams Farms and Mark also worked at PMPED Law Office.

There are also transactions between B Boulware and R Crosby in other counties.

2014 - The Jellyfish company dissolved after the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control halted operations due to health code violations

2014 - AM purchased the Moselle property from B Boulware’s wife, J Boulware for $5 for the property. On the deed it states the exchange in the like kind of replacement property in the amount of $735K. (This is common to avoid paying taxes on capital gains)

Aug 2016 - Buckner led Collerton County deputies on a high speed chase. Found crack cocaine, molly pills and $7500 in cash. Buckner was identified as a known gang member known for drug activity. AM worked on this case as a solicitor. It’s the only case AM has ever worked on as a solicitor. No verdict was met and the case ended in a mistrial.

2018 - AM accused of stealing $750K from B Boulware in insurance money when he was dying of colon cancer.

2018 - AM and MM moved to Moselle property

Sept 2021 - all 7 properties were transferred to R Crosby for $5 when Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC was dissolved and liquidated. There was wording in the sale of the properties that R Crosby wouldn’t sue AM. However, PMPED filed a lawsuit against AM that same month.

Feb 2022 - Moselle property listed for sale (under new name of Cross Swamp Farm, it was later changed back to Moselle Farm)

April 2022 - Satterfield Estate brought suit against AM over AM’s embezzlement of $4.3 million settlement that was supposed to go to the Satterfields.

April 2022 - Nautilus Insurance Company brought suit against AM for defrauding the company.

April 9 2022 - Buckner Roberts Construction LLC was created by Roberts. Emmanuel Buckner co-founded the company with Roberts.

April 2022 - Trail of checks written by AM to S Roberts.

June 2022 - SC Grand Jury indicted AM on two criminal conspiracy counts, including a narcotics count related to Oxycodone, for alleged narcotics related crimes in a multi county area.
Great post. Thanks.

CHARLESTON, S.C. (CN) — A co-defendant of disgraced South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh faces new charges of embezzling public money and identity fraud, according to jail records.

Jerry Rivers was quietly booked Jan. 17 into the Richland County jail on the eve of his alleged co-conspirator’s double murder trial for the slayings of his wife and son.

Rivers, 40, was being jailed on an 11-count indictment, the jail's website shows. He faces two counts of obtaining property under false pretenses, three counts of insurance fraud, five counts of embezzling public funds and identity theft.

It was not clear if a detention hearing has already been held for Rivers. His defense attorney, Rose Mary Parham, did not respond to requests for comment. Robert Kittle, a spokesman for the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office, said his office would not comment on the active investigation.

Rivers was previously arrested on allegations he obstructed state authorities as they pursued Murdaugh’s money trail.

[…]

Waters said Rivers and Roberts were “downstream” beneficiaries of more than $8 million dollars Murdaugh admitted to stealing from former clients of his family’s law firm before the murders on June 7, 2021, at the family's hunting estate.

In 2021 alone, Murdaugh wrote almost $90,000 in checks to Rivers, the prosecutor said.

[…]
"While agents searched a gambling house".....

This has always been a suspicion of mine in regards to AM and the money..... IIRC, he was bragging to BM about waging bets with food, or something of the sort, while incarcerated before trial....

JMO. moo

RBM, I agree. IMO, in his "imaginings" of how this might take place, he definitely didn't take into account the human factor. For some reason, I think he thought he could kill them both with one shot, and it would look more like an assassination versus a "crime of passion." When the first shot didn't kill PM, the second, IMO, probably covered his face with stuff he probably did not account for in his thought-out plan, possibly got in his eyes and affected his vision, and then chaos ensued with MM. JMO.

In rewatching the bodycam video from the first officer on the scene, IMO, AM wipes his face with his shirt every time he looks towards PM. I'm not a body language expert (although I have read a lot about it), but IMO, in his drugged delusional state, every time he looks towards PM, he is reliving something.....

Again, JMO. moo
Agreed and shooting at another is never how one would play it out in their head. With more engagements in the service then I choose to not remember the ones that came to mind never played out as they did in our head's and there was always a plan A,B,C and so on.

Very interesting particularly this part: "....Murdaugh also defended Deon Martin, John and Deborah's son, in a case involving an automobile accident, and now stands indicted on charges he stole from Deon Martin's settlement, among others. .."

Murdaugh was John Martin's attorney, lends him money by wire from his personal checking account, Martin says he paid it back through PSB and has documents to prove it, yet there's no record on AM financials of repayment. So could this mean that AM successfully hid $110+ as early as January 2020 with the help of RL at PSB? Was it Tinsley he was hiding it from or Maggie?

COURT TV DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE: MURDAUGH FIRST RESPONDERS ANSWER LINGERING QUESTIONS​

Where did the bloody footprint come from? Whose hair was in Maggie's hand? Court TV got the answers -- and some never-before-heard insights -- from Jason Chapman and Laura Rutland from the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office. (3/8/23) MORE

Is the bloody footprint mentioned in Dr Kinsey's video? Cuz I'm not seeing it mentioned in that article and know nothing about it. If it wasn't in evidence, I'd guess that maybe an investigator left it?

As for the hair in Maggie's hand, my personal belief is that it was her own hair. Raising one's hands to one's head (Don DeLillo desribes the gesture as a spontaneous desire to "hold one's brains in") is a natural expression of extreme emotion, with the hair-pulling being a gesture of horror or terror.

From Shakespeare (Romeo is speaking):

“Thou canst not speak of that thou dost not feel. Wert thou as young as I, Juliet thy love. An hour but married, Tybalt murdered. Doting like me, and like me banished. Then mightst thou speak, then mightst thou tear thy hair. And fall upon the ground, as I do now. Taking the measure of an unmade grave”

Falling to the ground, prostrate with grief, and tearing one's hair as a gesture of grief are mentioned before Shakespeare, but that's the best quote I could quickly find.

Imagine Maggie, interacting casually with her son as they attempt to render aid to the one dog, hearing a shot, spinning and seeing her son go down - and her son is almost instantly shot and decerebrated in front of her eyes. She grabs her head in disbelief/horror.

My theory. Based on scant facts, except for the part about hear-tearing being age-old.

IMO.

After learning at trial that AM sped at 80 mph to get back to Moselle from his Mom's, it made me more curious than ever as to why he had a flashlight in his hand when the first responders got there. What was he looking for that the kennel lights didn't illuminate? What else could have been there that he needed to find and get rid of? Arrggg it bugs me.
Maybe AM noticed, MM was not wearing her ring.
Wanted to present a happy marriage, searching for lost ring, safe in her car.

Isn't the Lafitte home for sale? I assume that withdrawing as counsel will then allow them to take a place in line as unsecured creditors for distribution of proceeds from that sale (if it has not already happened).

ETA: I see that a sale was pending on the home in April 2022 (and according to Zillow, sale was completed on 6/30/22). So, presumably proceeds have already been paid out. So maybe not a source for his attorneys.
If that's his primary residence, then I don't think that can be touched, is that correct? Although if he's downsizing, then the balance can be taken?

[…]

The notice was filed in the S.C. court of appeals by attorneys Dick Harpootlian, Jim Griffin and Margaret Fox – all of whom represented Murdaugh in his double homicide trial in Colleton County from January 23 – March 3, 2023. A copy was served on lead prosecutor Creighton Waters, who led a team including his boss – S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson.

“Our office handles all appeals and Alex Murdaugh’s will be no different,” Wilson said. “We’ll continue to defend our case throughout the entire appellate process.”

A nine-judge panel based in Columbia, S.C., the court of appeals hears cases from circuit court and family court. It consists of a chief judge (Bruce Williams) and eight associate judges – each of whom are elected by the S.C. General Assembly to staggered terms of six years each.

The court can sits either as three panels of three judges apiece or as a whole – and can hear oral arguments and motions in any county of the state.

[…]

In the 911 call that was made public it had a couple things redacted from it, from what I gleaned in the full call being played at trial, in the redacted portions he said he was going to the house to get a gun, and that when he checked the bodies for signs of life, he could see their brains - so he knew undoubtedly they were both dead before even calling 911.

I too have thought he was only asking if they were 'officially dead' so he could be positive they couldn't tell LE who shot them, and he could proceed with the alibi he came up with.

I also think he started with something of a different plan than what happened, the timeline is a little too tight for a long-thought-out plan.
I too, found that continued questioning then by the now convicted defendant, as to ‘are they dead’ quite odd.

Almost as if was over embellishing the fact. And it sure seems he wanted others to confirm essentially no witnesses.

The logical inference, if one had not been there, had just happened across the scene and wanted some element of caring would be to ask the opposite IMO. In other words, ‘can they be saved’, ‘is an ambulance enroute’, ‘how bad is it’?

The behavior when calling 911 was odd too. I believe close to ‘my wife and son have been shot badly’. Almost as odd, as the first interview with law enforcement in the car during the dark. I called the 911 dispatch…… she was ‘very nice’……

Everything sure seemed to be rehearsed and staged and practiced. Almost like a movie. And don’t forget, ‘whoever did this must have planned it for a long time’. Is that another partial ‘truth tell’?

Others asked in recent posts why did he have a flashlight when first responders first arrived?

Almost seems he was reading from a script. Maybe he was using that flashlight so he could read a script?
MO.

Again, JMO. moo
If he would have really thought about it, he would have staged an assassination at the kennels right after dark. He would have shot each from a distance with the 300Blackout with the night scope. He could have disappeared back into the night. Gone back to the house and claimed he was asleep then called 911 claiming gun shots awakened him, waited until LE arrived and everyone could have discovered them at the same time. Up close and personal did him in. If their deaths were a means to an end he should have kept the personal out of it and gone the sniper way. IDK what made him think his way would work..such a dummy.

And in that body cam video you mention, when he's twirling around for the officer, it doesn't look to me like he has a pocket full of pills in his shorts. Maybe he has 20 in a baggie in the leg pocket but not more than that. jmo

that is extremely interesting....we will never really know what was going on with Paul and Alex. It is possible he new his son was looking to escape and do something drastic in light of the charges coming down. I tend to believe most of what the girlfriend disclosed in the Netflix series. Things simply were not going well with Paul and AM thought he would take care of the problem.
Yes, this does make sense on many levels. And it almost seems that the two slain individuals had become a liability in the defendant’s mind?
IMo

It was bizarre how AM told LE that he moved the bodies to check their pulse. He couldn't possibly have thought they were alive given the severity of head injuries. I thought he said that either as an excuse for having blood on him or because he moved PM and MM in order to see if they had his pills (and thought LE might be able to tell they were moved).
Exactly. And this would lead one to conclude that his performance, calls to 911, and interviews with law inforcement were quite staged.

And also leads one to perhaps surmise, for the question why he had a flashlight when first encountered at the scene of the slayings….. perhaps he was reading from a script in the dark evening?
MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member