SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too, found that continued questioning then by the now convicted defendant, as to ‘are they dead’ quite odd.

Almost as if was over embellishing the fact. And it sure seems he wanted others to confirm essentially no witnesses.

The logical inference, if one had not been there, had just happened across the scene and wanted some element of caring would be to ask the opposite IMO. In other words, ‘can they be saved’, ‘is an ambulance enroute’, ‘how bad is it’?

The behavior when calling 911 was odd too. I believe close to ‘my wife and son have been shot badly’. Almost as odd, as the first interview with law enforcement in the car during the dark. I called the 911 dispatch…… she was ‘very nice’……

Everything sure seemed to be rehearsed and staged and practiced. Almost like a movie. And don’t forget, ‘whoever did this must have planned it for a long time’. Is that another partial ‘truth tell’?

Others asked in recent posts why did he have a flashlight when first responders first arrived?

Almost seems he was reading from a script. Maybe he was using that flashlight so he could read a script?
MO.
"instead of asking how bad is it? AM tells them "it is bad...it is really bad". What does that tell you? Frankly for such a hot shot attorney and pseudo law enforcement guy (aka blue lights/badge) this guy is very transparent.

What I would like to know is how Alex got so much snot to come out of his nose! Maybe he was having some kind of purposeful allergic reaction to those little candies or whatever he was eating throughout the whole trial? Maybe something was added to his water bottle? I really want to know!

Pollen season has been pretty early this year....

My DH flipped several houses. All the deeds had $5.00. This prevents public/purchaser from know the previous amount.

We DID have to list the purchase and sale price in our Federal/State returns. We DID pay capital gains on our taxes. We did pay personal property tax on the assess value. All the fees associated with the sale were on the actual purchase price.

We also did this for vehicles we sold.
Moo....

Consideration could be anything of value, and the recitation of consideration in the deed may not correspond to the actual consideration paid for the property. There are common choices for reciting consideration in the real estate transfer context:

• Nominal ConsiderationMost deeds recite nominal consideration (e.g., “the sum of $10.00”). This keeps the actual consideration private and is common practice in most states.
  • Actual Consideration – Actual consideration is sometimes used if the parties want to publicly document the purchase price paid for the property. But because most states do not require that the actual consideration be listed, most deeds recite nominal consideration instead of actual consideration.
  • Gift – If the property is a gift, there is no consideration. A Gift Deed may state that the property is being transferred “for love and affection” or something similar. In states with documentary transfer taxes based on the amount of consideration (including Florida and California), specifying that the property was a gift can save transfer taxes.
  • Capital Contribution – If property is being transferred to a business, the consideration received in exchange for the interest is often capital in the company. For example, a transferor might receive 1,000 shares of stock in exchange for the real estate being transferred to the company.

Then LE arrives and Alec is asking if Mags and PauPau are dead. Did he think they recovered? If he thought they might be alive, why wasn't he trying to render desperate aid?

In the 911 call that was made public it had a couple things redacted from it, from what I gleaned in the full call being played at trial, in the redacted portions he said he was going to the house to get a gun, and that when he checked the bodies for signs of life, he could see their brains - so he knew undoubtedly they were both dead before even calling 911.

This has always bothered me immensely.

Why are you feeling for a pulse, allegedly, when you see brains shot into the floor?

I suppose that an innocent person, in a state of shock, MIGHT do this anyway if they’re in denial and cannot believe that their loved ones are actually dead, despite the brains on the floor and however much Maggie was bleeding out. It’s remotely possible.

For Alec Murdaugh, no. It’s too much of a set piece. All of his actions immediately before and after the murders were always very suspect.

I’m still relishing the fact that such a superlative judge received this case on his docket.

All JMO

Exactly. And this would lead one to conclude that his performance, calls to 911, and interviews with law inforcement were quite staged.

And also leads one to perhaps surmise, for the question why he had a flashlight when first encountered at the scene of the slayings….. perhaps he was reading from a script in the dark evening?
MO.
Did he have his "readers" (reading eyeglasses)?

"Alex Murdaugh bought Moselle back in 2013 from Boulware’s wife Jeannine Morris Boulware, according to property records.

Murdaugh allegedly bought the entire property for just $5, FITS News reported – a move sometimes used so the seller can avoid paying capital gains taxes.

Moselle was just one of several homes that the high-powered attorney – and alleged financial fraudster – owned."

CHARLESTON, S.C. (CN) — A co-defendant of disgraced South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh faces new charges of embezzling public money and identity fraud, according to jail records.

Jerry Rivers was quietly booked Jan. 17 into the Richland County jail on the eve of his alleged co-conspirator’s double murder trial for the slayings of his wife and son.

Rivers, 40, was being jailed on an 11-count indictment, the jail's website shows. He faces two counts of obtaining property under false pretenses, three counts of insurance fraud, five counts of embezzling public funds and identity theft.

It was not clear if a detention hearing has already been held for Rivers. His defense attorney, Rose Mary Parham, did not respond to requests for comment. Robert Kittle, a spokesman for the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office, said his office would not comment on the active investigation.

Rivers was previously arrested on allegations he obstructed state authorities as they pursued Murdaugh’s money trail.

[…]

Waters said Rivers and Roberts were “downstream” beneficiaries of more than $8 million dollars Murdaugh admitted to stealing from former clients of his family’s law firm before the murders on June 7, 2021, at the family's hunting estate.

In 2021 alone, Murdaugh wrote almost $90,000 in checks to Rivers, the prosecutor said.

[…]
The Criminal Dominoes begin to fall....So many victims...So sad. MOO

"Alex Murdaugh bought Moselle back in 2013 from Boulware’s wife Jeannine Morris Boulware, according to property records.

Murdaugh allegedly bought the entire property for just $5, FITS News reported – a move sometimes used so the seller can avoid paying capital gains taxes.

Moselle was just one of several homes that the high-powered attorney – and alleged financial fraudster – owned."

CHARLESTON, S.C. (CN) — A co-defendant of disgraced South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh faces new charges of embezzling public money and identity fraud, according to jail records.

Jerry Rivers was quietly booked Jan. 17 into the Richland County jail on the eve of his alleged co-conspirator’s double murder trial for the slayings of his wife and son.

Rivers, 40, was being jailed on an 11-count indictment, the jail's website shows. He faces two counts of obtaining property under false pretenses, three counts of insurance fraud, five counts of embezzling public funds and identity theft.

It was not clear if a detention hearing has already been held for Rivers. His defense attorney, Rose Mary Parham, did not respond to requests for comment. Robert Kittle, a spokesman for the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office, said his office would not comment on the active investigation.

Rivers was previously arrested on allegations he obstructed state authorities as they pursued Murdaugh’s money trail.

[…]

Waters said Rivers and Roberts were “downstream” beneficiaries of more than $8 million dollars Murdaugh admitted to stealing from former clients of his family’s law firm before the murders on June 7, 2021, at the family's hunting estate.

In 2021 alone, Murdaugh wrote almost $90,000 in checks to Rivers, the prosecutor said.

[…]
The Criminal Dominoes begin to fall....So many victims...So sad. MOO
‘WANTED TO GET AWAY' ‘We met murdered Paul Murdaugh in Bahamas – he begged to come to the UK after fateful boat crash’, say Brit builders

Paul texted and requested the UK friends take down the video that his girlfriend wasn’t permitted to be around him anymore.

*Video of PM and his girlfriend in the Bahamas at the link.

We met Paul Murdaugh on holiday - he begged to come to the UK after boat crash
The US has an Extradition Policy, so he would not have been able to escape that. So, he was willing to leave his family to deal with the Whole Case, not taking Any responsibility. Hmm. Sounds like Alec Murdaugh to me. Makes me Sick how they got away with so much, some we will never know about. I grieve for All their Victims. MOO

After learning at trial that AM sped at 80 mph to get back to Moselle from his Mom's, it made me more curious than ever as to why he had a flashlight in his hand when the first responders got there. What was he looking for that the kennel lights didn't illuminate? What else could have been there that he needed to find and get rid of? Arrggg it bugs me.

If he intended it to look like suicide, how does his asking MM to be there that night figure in?

I have wondered if he hadn't originally planned for Paul to suffer a 'hunting accident' while they rode around looking for wild hogs or their feeding sites. It would answer why there were two long guns in close proximity to them.

That also would have likely ended the boat case and maybe in his deluded mind he thought MM might come back home, since he'd be so torn up over losing his son to such a terrible accident and need her so badly.

But, I also wonder about how pills may play a part, whether he was still having withdrawals, or Paul found his baggie and AM was in a rage, something always seems missing though, it's like we're missing the one piece of the puzzle that makes everything make sense.
yes, lots missing. I truly believe it was not about pills at all that day but the impeding doom of his career, his standing in the community, his thefts all coming down...the day of the murders he was notified about a theft at the firm...that was only a preview of what was coming down.

I think it was PM's phone he was after after he murdered him, not pills. remember: AM LIES. his whole defense was built around 'Im an addict and AH LIE". peppered with *Im so sorry* <--gag

AM was there when it was being recorded and IMO handled the phone because he wanted to delete it, but it was locked. he was on a tight alibi timeframe, so he left it, and took a chance about time of death determination..he figured he could still float the "I wasnt at the kennels at all". but of course, he didnt know at the time, the activity of each phone NON-usage would impact his alibi. or: he simply didnt remember if he spoke during the video. either way, IMO, it was the phone he wanted.

MM's phone, I agree with many posters that her phone possibly was not on her person and inadvertently he had possession of it and then had to toss it. I think that was unplanned. (no time to bring it back down to her body)

the audio/video did not reveal anything was amiss. it appeared to be an abbreviated exchange, but not hostile from either PM or MM. they were unaware they were in danger. IMO

There's more to all the buying, selling, exchanging ownership of properties and newly formed LLC's. We need the rest of the story.

AM's property and "business dealings".........it's not a complete timeline or list. It's just a few things I picked out of my notes to share here.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

1998 - AM and B Boulware became business partners. Murdaugh Holdings and B Boulware purchased a stretch of remote waterfront property on the St Helena Island for $115k.

2000 - AM and MM built their Hampton residence

2002 - AM and MM purchased Edisto property for $415K

2003 - AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2004- AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2006 - AM represented Barrett in a civil case against South Attachie Closings

2010 -2021-Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC - AM and R Crosby are the owners of this LLC. There were 7 total property transactions under this LLC between 2010 and 2021, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management is an additional entity.

Unknown Date - R Crosby took out a mortgage for a little over $150K for a piece of property that B Boulware was selling to a company called, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC

Unknown Date - A year and a half later Crosby took out another mortgage for a little over $150K being sold by Barrett to a company called, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management

Unknown Date - AM and R Crosby owned 2 docks that were off loading Jellyfish from a company called Millenary. The Jellyfish were being processed at a facility, Williams Farm. M Ball was the registered agent for Williams Farms and Mark also worked at PMPED Law Office.

There are also transactions between B Boulware and R Crosby in other counties.

2014 - The Jellyfish company dissolved after the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control halted operations due to health code violations

2014 - AM purchased the Moselle property from B Boulware’s wife, J Boulware for $5 for the property. On the deed it states the exchange in the like kind of replacement property in the amount of $735K. (This is common to avoid paying taxes on capital gains)

Aug 2016 - Buckner led Collerton County deputies on a high speed chase. Found crack cocaine, molly pills and $7500 in cash. Buckner was identified as a known gang member known for drug activity. AM worked on this case as a solicitor. It’s the only case AM has ever worked on as a solicitor. No verdict was met and the case ended in a mistrial.

2018 - AM accused of stealing $750K from B Boulware in insurance money when he was dying of colon cancer.

2018 - AM and MM moved to Moselle property

Sept 2021 - all 7 properties were transferred to R Crosby for $5 when Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC was dissolved and liquidated. There was wording in the sale of the properties that R Crosby wouldn’t sue AM. However, PMPED filed a lawsuit against AM that same month.

Feb 2022 - Moselle property listed for sale (under new name of Cross Swamp Farm, it was later changed back to Moselle Farm)

April 2022 - Satterfield Estate brought suit against AM over AM’s embezzlement of $4.3 million settlement that was supposed to go to the Satterfields.

April 2022 - Nautilus Insurance Company brought suit against AM for defrauding the company.

April 9 2022 - Buckner Roberts Construction LLC was created by Roberts. Emmanuel Buckner co-founded the company with Roberts.

April 2022 - Trail of checks written by AM to S Roberts.

June 2022 - SC Grand Jury indicted AM on two criminal conspiracy counts, including a narcotics count related to Oxycodone, for alleged narcotics related crimes in a multi county area.
Note: AM transferred Moselle property to MM In 2016. :)

I still can't get over the repeated question "Are they dead" "Are they dead" because if not he would have been in even more trouble.
That was a key moment for me, as he sounded fake when asking the question and his body language was off as well.

Video shows Alex Murdaugh next to bodies of wife and son

New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/02/13 › video-shows-alex-...
Feb 13, 2023 — “Did you check them? They are dead, aren't they?” Murdaugh says, prompting a cop to respond, “Yes, sir, that's what it looks like.

In case you can’t read it all

View attachment 408121
YAY!!!!! I am sure that your Skills, Knowledge, and Natural Instincts will assist Many in discovering the Truth in crimes. Bless you and your team and Family. I am sure you will be deluged with possible cases, and I pray you have the strength of your convictions to be their savior:)

Hermann J Steinherr
MOO

Just arrived in Beaufort, SC, for a burial tomorrow at Marine cemetery. By the time we got here it was pitch dark.

After motoring around the local two-lane roads, forested, quiet, and totally rural on both sides (like Moselle Rd.), dear husband and I are more convinced than ever that NO ONE was going to happen out to Moselle and hit a 10-minute window to murder Maggie and Paul. I think the jury’s guilty verdict was correct especially after listening to Nancy Grace’s podcast with addiction expert Dr. William Morrone, but this experience in the dark down here is even further evidence for me! OMO.

Will see what else we discover and learn tomorrow after the service and lunch. Stay tuned.

I thought I would share all of my notes. This is not a complete list of events. When I came across something and if I had time I took notes. If anyone wants to add to it or use it please have at it. I wish I had more time to add everything, but life is just too busy for me to commit to it right now. :)

Jan 24, 1980 - Coast Guard spotted fishing boats, Miss Cathy and Waterworld. One of the boats was in distress and taking on water. The Waterworld was Boulware’s boat. Eleven undocumented men who were from Miami. They said they were on that boat because their original boat, Island City which had been tied to smuggling in the past, allegedly sank. Most people came to the conclusion that the eleven men were smuggling drugs and when they saw the Coast Guard they move the drugs from one boat to another and sank it. None of them were arrested or questioned they were just sent back to Miami.

Feb 1983 - Shrimping boat, Jeannine Ann was spotted by US Coast Guard seized 17 tons of marijuana and $33k from Boulware’s boat. US Coast Guard allowed the boat to arrive at it’s Beaufort, SC destination and arrested both Barrett and his father. The captain of the boat, Franklin C Branch was the star witness. April 1983, Franklin walked out of a bar and into an oncoming vehicle and passed away two weeks before the trial began. June 1983, all charges were dropped against Barrett his father.

1986 - The operator of Miss Cathy was caught smuggling drugs 6 years later in a “Operation Cancer” drug bust n Florida.

1988 - Barrett and his wife were sitting in the backseat of a car in Georgia while on a trip from NC to Florida she had rented. They were stopped for speeding on the Georgia and SC boarder, in Savannah. The trooper asked to check the car, the driver said he had no objections. The front seat passenger pressed the button to open the trunk. The trooper found 7 pounds of marijuana and 28 grams of cocaine. Barrett was convicted of trafficking cocaine and possession of marijuana and his wife was convicted of possession of marijuana.

1998 - AM and B Boulware became business partners. Murdaugh Holdings and B Boulware purchased a stretch of remote waterfront property on the St Helena Island for $115k.

2000 - AM and MM built their Hampton residence

2002 - AM and MM purchased Edisto property for $415K

2003 - AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2004- AM and B Boulware purchased additional property on St Helena Island

2006 - AM represented Barrett in a civil case against South Attachie Closings

Aug 2009 - Hakeem Pinckney, was paralyzed in a car accident, He died two years later at 21 years old of cardiac arrest after his ventilator was unplugged for more than 30 minutes at his nursing home. AM earned $4.1 million in fees and allegedly stole another $1 million owed to that client, in particular, having been accused of using some of the funds to charter a private jet to a baseball game

Unknown Date - Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC - AM and R Crosby are the owners of this LLC. There were 7 total property transactions under this LLC between 2010 and 2021, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management is an additional entity.

Unknown Date - R Crosby took out a mortgage for a little over $150K for a piece of property that B Boulware was selling to a company called, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC

Unknown Date - A year and a half later Crosby took out another mortgage for a little over $150K being sold by Barrett to a company called, Jenkins Creek Charters and Property Management

Unknown Date - AM and R Crosby owned 2 docks that were off loading Jellyfish from a company called Millenary. The Jellyfish were being processed at a facility, Williams Farm. M Ball was the registered agent for Williams Farms and Mark also worked at PMPED Law Office.

There are also transactions between B Boulware and R Crosby in other counties.

2014 - The Jellyfish company dissolved after the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control halted operations due to health code violations

2014 - AM purchased the Moselle property from B Boulware’s wife, J Boulware for $5 for the property. On the deed it states the exchange in the like kind of replacement property in the amount of $735K. (This is common to avoid paying taxes on capital gains)

July 8, 2015 - Stephen Smith found dead on Sandy Run Road, Hampton County, SC

Aug 2016 - Buckner led Collerton County deputies on a high speed chase. Found crack cocaine, molly pills and $7500 in cash. Buckner was identified as a known gang member known for drug activity. AM worked on this case as a solicitor. It’s the only case AM has ever worked on as a solicitor. No verdict was met and the case ended in a mistrial.

2016 - AM transferred Moselle property to MM

2018 -2021 - AM and C Fleming arranged $4.3 million in settlements from insurance companies, but the sons never saw a dime and didn’t know about most of the money, according to their lawsuit. The money was supposed to go to a company called Forge Consulting, which handled the law firms settlements. Instead, AM created a bank account called, Alexander Murdaugh d/b/a Forge and had the checks made out to “Forge” and deposited them into his fraudulent account.

2018 - AM accused of stealing $750K from B Boulware in insurance money when he was dying of colon cancer.

2018 - AM and MM moved to Moselle property

Feb 2, 2018 - GS fell at Moselle property

Feb 26, 2018 - GS died

Feb 24 2019 - Mallory Beach boat accident

April 18, 2019 - PM was indicted and charged with three felony counts of boating under the influence, including causing the death of MB and seriously injuring two other passengers. PM pleaded not guilty to all the charges and was out on bond awaiting trial.

2020 - AM funded the purchase of a funeral home in Brunswick, Georgia,

April 2021 - State GJ asked for AM financials records. AM loaned more than $110,000 to a client and a friend, John H. Martin, owner of Martin's Funeral Home in Estill, for the purchase of a second funeral home in Georgia. The buyer says that the transaction was a friendly loan that has been repaid in full.

May 19, 2021 - Paralegal at PMPED contacted the law office of Chris Wilson to ask him about the $792K fee that was supposed to go to PMPED

June 7, 2021 - MM and PM Murdered

June 2021 - Edisto home had a $200K balance remaining on the mortgage. It was also being used as collateral and other wheelings by AM with Palmetto Bank.

Aug 2021 - SC Association for Justice Conference, Hilton Head, SC AM and Buster attended, AM didn’t attend any workshops and was just there to party. After the conference ended SLED officers approached bars asking about AM and Duffy and if they had any security footage of them.

Aug 9, 2021 - Palmetto Bank board member asked for total exposer of AM’s records from the bank

Aug 11, 2021 - Duffy recused himself as Solicitor.

Aug 2021 - AG was presenting MM and PM’s murder case to the GJ.

Sept 2021 - AM suicide for hire

Sept 2021 - AM entered rehab

Sept 2021 - AM Solicitor badge revoked

Sept 2021 - all 7 properties were transferred to R Crosby for $5 when Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters, LLC was dissolved and liquidated. There was wording in the sale of the properties that R Crosby wouldn’t sue AM. However, PMPED filed a lawsuit against AM that same month.

Feb 2022 - Moselle property listed for sale (under new name of Cross Swamp Farm, it was later changed back to Moselle Farm)

April 2022 - Satterfield Estate brought suit against AM over AM’s embezzlement of $4.3 million settlement that was supposed to go to the Satterfields.

April 2022 - Nautilus Insurance Company brought suit against AM for defrauding the company.

April 9 2022 - Buckner Roberts Construction LLC was created by Roberts. Emmanuel Buckner co-founded the company with Roberts.

April 2022 - Trail of checks written by AM to Spencer Roberts.

June 2022 - SC Grand Jury indicted AM on two criminal conspiracy counts, including a narcotics count related to Oxycodone, for alleged narcotics related crimes in a multi county area.

June 2022 - Offer made on the Moselle property. The offer was put on hold after courts froze AM’s assets. ($3.9 million offer is pending on the home)

June 2022 - SLED got family’s permission to exhume GS’s body

July 15, 2022 - AM changed with murder

July 2022 - 3606 Big Bay Dr., Edisto, SC. The “buyer” added an additional $35k onto of the asking price. Now on the market for 1.1 million

March 2, 2023 - AM Found Guilty

March 3, 2023 - AM Sentencing, 2 life sentences, Judge Clifton B Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members