GUILTY GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #6

That's laughable. They targeted Ahmaud because he dared jogging while black. That's the only reason that they believed he was a criminal. They didn't go after any one else who stopped in the house under construction.

“There is simply not sufficient evidence in the record to suggest Bryan would have acted any differently on the day in question had Arbery been white, Hispanic, Asian or other,” the attorney wrote. “Every crime committed against an African American is not a hate crime. Every crime committed against an African American by a man who has used racist language in the past is not a hate crime.”
The 3 White men who killed Ahmaud Arbery are appealing their federal hate crime convictions. 2 of them say race didn't play a role in their actions | CNN

translation: "Yeah, he said some mean word in the past, but he didn't participate in murdering this young man because of his race. Truth is, at heart he is just a weak little follower who wanted to be part of the cool kids club on the block. THEY'RE the racists. Bryant just wanted to be part of the action"

GMAFB. rot where you belong sir.

good, that woman should face consequences for her collusion with the murderers after the fact.
I don't know how they can claim that there's not a "scintilla" of evidence against her when we know that she ordered LE not to arrest the McMichaels, her phone calls with Gregory, and she didn't immediately recuse herself.

For decades there's been a culture in that area where any whiff of impropriety has been covered up and it starts with the rank and file cops on the street all the way up to those in the judiciary. It's time to clean house. Ahmaud deserves no less.

For decades there's been a culture in that area where any whiff of impropriety has been covered up and it starts with the rank and file cops on the street all the way up to those in the judiciary. It's time to clean house. Ahmaud deserves no less.
Johnson needs to learn that it's not the 1950's or earlier, just as the McMichaels and Bryan did. Racism isn't okay.

good, that woman should face consequences for her collusion with the murderers after the fact.
Defense attorney Brian Steele who represented DA Johnson is now representing YSL at his RICO trial. Glad she will have to face the consequences as well. I will never forget what happened to Ahmaud, and I will never unsee that truck video. :( moo

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A judge Tuesday refused to dismiss misconduct charges against a former Georgia prosecutor accused of hindering the investigation into the 2020 killing of Ahmaud Arbery.

The one-page ruling by Senior Judge John R. Turner comes 20 months after defense attorneys for former District Attorney Jackie Johnson filed a legal motion arguing the case against her should be scrapped for lack of evidence.

1701301769256.png

last updated 6:42 PM, November 29, 2023

"Three white men convicted of hate crimes for chasing and killing Ahmaud Arbery in a Georgia neighborhood in 2020 will have their appeals heard by a federal court in March.

The 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals has scheduled oral arguments in the case for March 27 in Atlanta."

I hope the appeals process ends with the conviction standing.

"Three white men convicted of hate crimes for chasing and killing Ahmaud Arbery in a Georgia neighborhood in 2020 will have their appeals heard by a federal court in March.

The 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals has scheduled oral arguments in the case for March 27 in Atlanta."

Since I can not access the article - I believe this is for their Federal case - correct? They put in appeal back in March, 2023 per my notes. TIA!

Since I can not access the article - I believe this is for their Federal case - correct? They put in appeal back in March, 2023 per my notes. TIA!

Yes. Sorry, Niner, I sometimes forget you cannot access the articles.

Relevant info from the article:
Three white men convicted of hate crimes for chasing and killing Ahmaud Arbery in a Georgia neighborhood in 2020 will have their appeals heard by a federal court in March.

The 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals has scheduled oral arguments in the case for March 27 in Atlanta. Attorneys for father and son Greg and Travis McMichael and their neighbor, William “Roddie” Bryan, are asking the court to throw out hate crime convictions returned by a jury in coastal Brunswick in 2022.

The McMichaels and Bryan stood trial on hate crime charges in U.S. District Court less than three months after all three were convicted of murder in a Georgia state court.

Both McMichaels received life prison sentences in the hate crimes case, while Bryan was sentenced to 35 years in prison. Also pending are appeals by all three men of their murder convictions in Glynn County Superior Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back