SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I just wanted to clarify that when she had suffered her injuries, and the bullet exited the back of her head, it created a large hole, which displaced that part of her skull, including her scalp and her hair," the detective explained. "So, all around her body, there were small clumps of the back of her hair in the grass around her body. Some had fallen near her hands and her arms. And when we removed her body, some of the hair that was on her fingers. It was just a few strands went with her."

Apparently though, the hair in her hand was Dark, where hers was Blonde, and Alec's is Strawberry. I wonder if it could be from one of the dogs, as she was attending to them. She had also had either a Pedi or Manicure, so??? MOO
I don't know what the 11th hour dismissed juror would have voted but I think AM was VERY VERY close to a hung jury.
The Defendant Chose the Venue, and the Snap Chat Video of Alec, taken by the son her murdered says it all. MOO
they still have to get all of the court transcripts of the trial. SC Judicial Branch

I dont know if the court reporters did dailies for the trial...pros and defense would refer back to testimony, but I dont know if it was their notes or dailies. his notice of appeal, is just that, a notice. Im wondering if they really intend to follow through with his entire appeal usually an appellate attorney is hired because hey its a huge endeavor and a different knowledge base altogther.
Yes Pru, and Very good point. It often takes years, as the Court is so bogged down with Appeals. The sad thing is that, at least in my own experience, some witnesses will have died by that time, and not be able to speak out or testify sadly. Not that anyone wants to be dragged back through all that pain. MOO

Apparently though, the hair in her hand was Dark, where hers was Blonde, and Alec's is Strawberry. I wonder if it could be from one of the dogs, as she was attending to them. She had also had either a Pedi or Manicure, so??? MOO

The Defendant Chose the Venue, and the Snap Chat Video of Alec, taken by the son her murdered says it all. MOO

Yes Pru, and Very good point. It often takes years, as the Court is so bogged down with Appeals. The sad thing is that, at least in my own experience, some witnesses will have died by that time, and not be able to speak out or testify sadly. Not that anyone wants to be dragged back through all that pain. MOO
yes, K, years. which is why I find it not realistic that his trial lawyers would stay on board. I think their 'we are going to handle his appeal" mantra is just another public perception ploy to show how committed they are to him and it will not be followed through in its entirety. they filed intent to appeal, a one-liner, * that was easy * and IMO along the way, they will drop off. after all, there is the matter of their fee.

will they continue to defend him at a reduced hourly rate for an appeal AND if he pleads not guilty to the financial crimes go to trial? AM is basically wiped out financially. what then, ask Buster to float him some bucks? I just dont see his trial lawyers staying on the ship. :rolleyes:

yes, K, years. which is why I find it not realistic that his trial lawyers would stay on board. I think their 'we are going to handle his appeal" mantra is just another public perception ploy to show how committed they are to him and it will not be followed through in its entirety. they filed intent to appeal, a one-liner, * that was easy * and IMO along the way, they will drop off. after all, there is the matter of their fee.

will they continue to defend him at a reduced hourly rate for an appeal AND if he pleads not guilty to the financial crimes go to trial? AM is basically wiped out financially. what then, ask Buster to float him some bucks? I just dont see his trial lawyers staying on the ship. :rolleyes:
I don't know if Harpootlian will stick with the "team" beyond the initial brief filings but feel that Griffin will be involved for some time to come. I believe Maggie Fox will be defending AM on the financial crimes. Those crimes seem to be her specialties. I think when the financial crimes were brought in that's what caused Griffin to bring her on the team. That and giving her a good look at what working with her client will be like. I don't know how long Griffin has been a family friend of the M's but I feel that friendship is rather old and JG will at least review the appeals that AM will have plenty of time to work on himself.

About Maggie Fox from the GriffinDavis website ...."She has litigated cases involving Ponzi schemes, kickback allegations, Stark Act violations, money laundering, wire fraud and other white collar criminal claims. She has also represented clients in matters related to healthcare fraud, business contract conflicts and employment issues. She has served as local counsel in a variety of case types including qui tam matters."

thanks for posting his...not a Dr. Phil fan but this was interesting. Craig seemed like he could not believe he was up there on the stage with these guys...in Hollywood!!!. Craig has few words but clearly did not believe one word out of the mouth of AM.
Love the Behavior Panel guys, but agree about Dr Phil-always thought him a bit shady/money maker. Good call here. MOO

IMPOV, the Case will fade quickly enough, as the Public overall is interested only in sound bites, and will move on to the next Shiny Object. I think Griffin likes the Murdaughs, but Harpootlian and he are in it for the Fame, to get their faces on TV, and doubtful they will risk anything to continue without monetary compensation. The ship is already tipping. MOO

I think Alex will ask Buster to hand over all the money he has access to in order for Alex to pursue appeals, and to pay lawyers for the financial trials. Alex will expect his siblings to provide for Buster.

I recall that Buster received $500k from the estate so far, and perhaps there is more from his grandfather's estate after his grandmother passes.

i thought it was 30 days...I think it will be dismissed just as fast as Judge Newman took care of those requests for mistrial that DH put forward during trial. This state is done with AW. Apparently the 99 cases need to go first..at least that is what I read.
I believe 30 days applies to Civil cases.

For Criminal cases, notice must be served within 10 days of the imposition of the sentence.

IMO, the only thing that moves quickly in the appeal process is filing the notice of intent to appeal.

After enduring the lengthy trial then, the jubilant celebration in the Jury's Guilty Verdict, I had to take a vacay from this case. You guys kept everything classy; fun at times and serious when needed. All in all, it was a great journey to be on. I certainly learned a lot about human behavior and a bunch of other stuff, too.

I'll always remember Creighton Waters confidently leaning nonchalantly on the lectern he'd repaired, one foot crossed over the other, not saying a word as Alex buried himself with his own words. Creighton made sure the courtroom had the best sound system and video equipment due to his expertise. Creighton's style of cross examination led to a guilty verdict. He's humble but proud.

Alex Murdaugh’s Spanish-speaking housekeeper at center of Mexican citizen’s lawsuit

OCT 25, 2022
Orangeburg lawyers vs Hampton lawyers and AM gets Blanca involved!

Several prominent Hampton lawyers recently sued in conjunction with disbarred and accused South Carolina attorney Richard “Alex” Murdaugh have filed a joint dismissal motion, asking for < > how Murdaugh’s former household employee is allegedly involved in the legal actions.

... on Oct. 7 on behalf of one of Murdaugh’s alleged victims, Mexican citizen Manuel Santis-Cristiani

The suit, which also named Palmetto State Bank and its former CEO R.Laffitte, alleged that the banker and the three PMPED attorneys [AM's not the only dirty attorney at PMPED] were responsible for stealing personal-injury settlement funds from Santis-Cristiani.

... Murdaugh stole roughly $70,000 from funds

... Santis-Cristiani was a Mexican national < > needed an interpreter ... BlancaSimpson, of Brunson, was engaged by Murdaugh to interpret, make travel arrangements for Santis-Cristiani, and serve as the liaison between PMPED and the Mexican plaintiff.

... motion further alleges that the Orangeburg attorneys filed the lawsuit “based solely on information provided to them by Blanca Simpson, without further investigation, or that they simply made up" ...

After enduring the lengthy trial then, the jubilant celebration in the Jury's Guilty Verdict, I had to take a vacay from this case. You guys kept everything classy; fun at times and serious when needed. All in all, it was a great journey to be on. I certainly learned a lot about human behavior and a bunch of other stuff, too.

I'll always remember Creighton Waters confidently leaning nonchalantly on the lectern he'd repaired, one foot crossed over the other, not saying a word as Alex buried himself with his own words. Creighton made sure the courtroom had the best sound system and video equipment due to his expertise. Creighton's style of cross examination led to a guilty verdict. He's humble but proud.

Alex Murdaugh’s Spanish-speaking housekeeper at center of Mexican citizen’s lawsuit

OCT 25, 2022
Orangeburg lawyers vs Hampton lawyers and AM gets Blanca involved!

Several prominent Hampton lawyers recently sued in conjunction with disbarred and accused South Carolina attorney Richard “Alex” Murdaugh have filed a joint dismissal motion, asking for < > how Murdaugh’s former household employee is allegedly involved in the legal actions.

... on Oct. 7 on behalf of one of Murdaugh’s alleged victims, Mexican citizen Manuel Santis-Cristiani

The suit, which also named Palmetto State Bank and its former CEO R.Laffitte, alleged that the banker and the three PMPED attorneys [AM's not the only dirty attorney at PMPED] were responsible for stealing personal-injury settlement funds from Santis-Cristiani.

... Murdaugh stole roughly $70,000 from funds

... Santis-Cristiani was a Mexican national < > needed an interpreter ... BlancaSimpson, of Brunson, was engaged by Murdaugh to interpret, make travel arrangements for Santis-Cristiani, and serve as the liaison between PMPED and the Mexican plaintiff.

... motion further alleges that the Orangeburg attorneys filed the lawsuit “based solely on information provided to them by Blanca Simpson, without further investigation, or that they simply made up" ...

Copy of the Nov 18, 2021 Indictment by SC Grand Jury charging AM on two counts:

10/7/22 Summons & Complaint against AM and his law partners at PMPED by client Santis Cristiani:

PMPED Attorneys fight back against the attorneys that sued them for Santis-Cristinani. Seems SC received his settlement monies by wire from PMPED. The money allegedly stolen was by AM alone when he diverted an expense check for the client's medical expenses to his Forge account.

Last edited:
Copy of the Nov 18, 2021 Indictment by SC Grand Jury charging AM on two counts:

True Bill Indictment:

"MURDAUGH created a bank account under the name "Richard A Murdaugh Sole Prop DBA Forge". He created this account for the purpose of misappropriating funds belonging to others with the illusion that the money was being paid to the legitimate settlement planning company Forge Consulting, LLC"

He's such a scoundrel. What happened to the other PMPED lawyers who were said to have taken proceeds in that case as well?

True Bill Indictment:

"MURDAUGH created a bank account under the name "Richard A Murdaugh Sole Prop DBA Forge". He created this account for the purpose of misappropriating funds belonging to others with the illusion that the money was being paid to the legitimate settlement planning company Forge Consulting, LLC"

He's such a scoundrel. What happened to the other PMPED lawyers who were said to have taken proceeds in that case as well?
I think the document only mentioned Murdaugh. Perhaps there are other documents for other lawyers from the firm who were involved with theft from clients?

The law partners that testified seemed very upset that anyone in their honorable law firm would steal from them and clients.

If there were others, they would have been removed and reported? Who left the firm after they restructured with a new name?

Last edited:
Thank you! I would like to read more about Murdaugh complex money laundering schemes. Do you by chance have links to other theft documents? I read that his thefts started in 2011, but that may have been theft from the law firm.

Did theft from clients start in 2015-16?
This article doesn't answer your question but breaks down the variety of charges.

"In a separate case that has not yet gone to trial, Murdaugh has been indicted on 99 charges in six different counties for allegedly defrauding victims of $8.8 million and the state of about $490,000, according to the state attorney general's office.

According to CNN's tally, the charges are made up of 32 counts of embezzlement, 21 counts of computer crime, 14 counts of money laundering, 11 counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses, nine counts of tax evasion, seven counts of conspiracy, three counts of false statement or misrepresentation and two counts of forgery."

True Bill Indictment:

See my edited post -- I added more docs. Appears that PMPED paid the client his settlement by wire transfer, and only AM took his money by diverting the medical expense check to his fake Forge account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects