NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know whether any of the family members Diana was speaking to actually saw or spoke to Madalina in December. If not, I think this is a bad attempt at an after-the-fact cover-up. It reads to me like Diana realized she was in trouble and wanted someone to help get HER out of the country.

It does not look like LE has disclosed any evidence (electronic, video, photos) that Madalina was seen after the video on the bus. No Thanksgiving pictures? No school vacation videos? Then suddenly 12/2 Diana and Madalina need to be smuggled out of the country? I think it was just Diana looking to flee the country. I wonder why she didn't.

Something to consider is that Diana wasn’t trying to leave the country but rather was looking to disappear in the U.S.. in which case she may have been looking for forged documents, leading her to contact the distant relative.

Otherwise why not just buy plane tickets for herself and Madalina? It doesn’t appear that CP was tracking her. Why would she need to be “smuggled” anywhere? Does her contact with possible drug dealers go deeper than we know?

And where is Madalina???
All MOO

My guess is that the step father was molesting her, mom found out bc some accident happened. I hate typing that but to me it's the most likely scenario. The burning of furniture is so suspicious, as is no one reporting her missing for 3 weeks. Poor Madalina. I really hope I'm wrong.
Yes, sadly I don't see any reason for burning the furniture if the child was voluntarily given to benevolent family members to take her to safety.

It's really hard to know which way to think in this case since we still know very little. I do have a question though, for those who might tend to think Diana disappeared Madalina to protect her from something.

If that's the case, what's stopping her from disclosing the truth about where she is, to the authorities?
In other words, who is she protecting?
I think she honestly trusts her connection more than the U.S. police and government.
JMO

My question is does she have reason to trust her connection so much? She has been arrested----wouldn't her connection come forward if this child is safe and sound somewhere?
Not if their mistrust towards authorities is so great.
Also, these 'connections' probably do not want anything to do with LE.
Her family AND CP's family made brief initial comments that were slightly cryptic or 'fake', IMO.
I completely accept if I am wrong, but something has felt off-kilter since the beginning, and I have always felt that the reason DC hasn't spoken is that she genuinely believes that Madalina is safer that way.
It is an idealistic scenario, I understand, but there has always been a things-are-not-what-they-seem, kinda feel for me.
ETA: Clarification

Not if their mistrust towards authorities is so great.
Also, these 'connections' probably do not want anything to do with LE.
Her family AND CP's family made brief initial comments that were slightly cryptic or 'fake', IMO.
I completely accept if I am wrong, but something has felt off-kilter since the beginning, and I have always felt that the reason DC hasn't spoken is that she genuinely believes that Madalina is safer that way.
It is an idealistic scenario, I understand, but there has always been a things-are-not-what-they-seem, kinda feel for me.
ETA: Clarification
I can see your point of view and I'd like to fully believe it. But I have some questions that niggle at me.

Why does DC say that Madeline has not been seen since late November, when her phone call discussions with Octavian did not happen until December 2nd? Where was her child during that mystery time?

What was the reason for burning that old sofa in the yard? If you were trying to lay low, it doesn't make sense to do something so unusual that would grab attention.

If her relative does have a criminal history of drug trafficking , is that a safe place for a young girl to be ?

All IMO

I think that DC and her relative is nothing else then attempt to cover up the fact that MC is missing, she contacted him after MC was not seen for a while and I think it would have been her explanation as to what happen to MC.
There is no reason to smuggle MC or herself somewhere, she was a free woman going places and MC attended school.
For me is nothing else than an attempt to throw police off.
IF DC was really attempting to smuggle MC she would plan it better then not saying anything to school for weeks and show up saying oh right I have no idea where my daughter is.

All IMO

IMO obviously the story this distant relative O. is allegedly telling is not true.

I wonder whether and how much drugs play a role.

Getting a child to safety, though, sadly I don't see. Or Madalina's mother wouldn't be burning furniture and giving LE the runaround. I hope both "parents" stay locked-up.

To me, this conversation with a distant relative just seems like cover. DC's mother was involved in the conversation. Maybe, to cover up Madalina's disappearance, DC spun a tale to her mother about how terrible CP was and how she needed to get Madalina away from him and the mother knew this contact and just insisted they reach out to him for help. So the conversation with the relative after Madalina was already missing was just the lie to DC's mother spiraling out of control?

Initially I thought the information about the mother trying to find safe passage for the two of them a positive thing. Now I’m not so sure.
If the mom arranged that for her daughter out of fear of her husband, why, once the husband was arrested and in jail, would the mother not tell LE where her daughter was or who had her and everything is OK now. The father wouldn’t be a threat anymore.
There is something very wrong here still.

To me, this conversation with a distant relative just seems like cover. DC's mother was involved in the conversation. Maybe, to cover up Madalina's disappearance, DC spun a tale to her mother about how terrible CP was and how she needed to get Madalina away from him and the mother knew this contact and just insisted they reach out to him for help. So the conversation with the relative after Madalina was already missing was just the lie to DC's mother spiraling out of control?
Agreed. Seems like she was looking for "witnesses" who would be able to tell LE that she was scared of SDadCP, that she wanted to get away from him, felt her and her daughter's life was in danger, etc, to set things up to pin the blame on him when everyone finally figured out that MC was missing. By the time this conversation took place on Dec 2, though, MC had already missed an entire week of school.

View attachment 404054
Most people who don’t have a significant criminal record in Mecklenburg County who are charged with a class I felony, they're in and out of that jail in usually less than 48 hours,” he said. “Yet they have a very high bond that clearly they can’t make so they’re just sitting in jail.”

State data shows that Caylee’s law has been used about a dozen times in North Carolina over the last decade. There was only one other case in Mecklenburg County. It was dismissed in the 2014-15 fiscal year.

“That one caught the attention of the world really and it certainly caught the attention of people in my district. I got a lot of calls from people outraged and asking what would be the case if that happened in North Carolina,” Representative Kelly Hastings recalled.

The Gaston and Cleveland County representative introduced the law after learning there was a previous loophole, which did not stipulate a required time-frame for a parent to report a child missing.

Advocates for missing children say in the early stages of a case, every minute counts.

“Legislation like that is very important. Historically families were under the impression there was a time frame, a waiting period to report a child missing and that is not the case. The minute a child is not where they’re supposed to be, law enforcement should be called,” John Bischoff with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, said.

Both Cojocari and Palmiter will appear in superior court on March 2.

Exactly this, and even if there were to be a time limit it certainly wouldn't be 3 weeks!.
Soooo relieved and hopeful to see this taking a turn towards my initial feeling (and posted theory). This sweet girl could be alive and safe somewhere after all.

How safe do we realistically think a sweet, 11yr old girl could be in the hands of drug traffickers?. To my mind, unless either one of her parents is the head of the snake, then this little girls safety is not at all guaranteed, Mum is locked up and Madalina can't be inconspicuosly delivered to family in Moldova now, so who is paying these traffickers to keep her safe? And would that be more profitable to them than the money they could consistently make from an 11yr old trafficked girl?.
I am more worried, not less, by these latest revelations :(

All jmo.

It is a tough situation to imagine that madalina would still be missing. But i could also see once DC knew the child was either safe, or with people who were NOT safe, she would stick to the plan and keep quiet. There are some twisted scenarios when drug trafficking gets involved, so who knows the whys of any of this, there must be a lot of things that are being kept quiet for the moment.

Exactly this, and even if there were to be a time limit it certainly wouldn't be 3 weeks!.

How safe do we realistically think a sweet, 11yr old girl could be in the hands of drug traffickers?. To my mind, unless either one of her parents is the head of the snake, then this little girls safety is not at all guaranteed, Mum is locked up and Madalina can't be inconspicuosly delivered to family in Moldova now, so who is paying these traffickers to keep her safe? And would that be more profitable to them than the money they could consistently make from an 11yr old trafficked girl?.

All jmo.
I'm choosing to remain hopeful.

As I scratch and claw my way up and out of the drug smuggling/human trafficking rabbit hole...Big Ouch:
I am loosing confidence in LE and believe they have told us nothing of real investigative value. I continue to believe it is unlikely Madalina is alive. DC and CP went into their arrest with a short, pat story of Madalina disappearing into thin air. One day, she was there. The next day, she was gone.
I didn't hide her; did you hide her? No, I didn't hide her, I thought you hid her. Parents are both sticking with this disgusting story, which appears to be working for them. I worry the worst thing that happens to parents is they ultimately do short time for their current charge of Failure to Report Disappearance of Child. Makes me furious!!!

Makes me angry (NOT at anyone here !) ; I saw the recent posts and jumped onto the thread hoping for an update.
My hope is that LE know a lot more, they just can't prove it yet !
What happened to this child ?
Imo.

Makes me angry (NOT at anyone here !) ; I saw the recent posts and jumped onto the thread hoping for an update.
My hope is that LE know a lot more, they just can't prove it yet !
What happened to this child ?
Imo.
You are not alone in your anger. My anger is directed towards the parents and in part towards the investigation.

All jmo.
Probably a helluva lot safer than she was with her parents.
Did she ever experience safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members