Still Missing KY - Austin Gamez, 27, Louisville, 25 Dec 2017 *arrest*

Also, on the Facebook page for Austin, I noted he was photographed in very similar attire to the skinny jeans and luxury belt combo found on the UID I just linked to. I deleted the image in the other thread when I remembered we are not allowed to post FB photos, but he definitely dressed in that style.

I was curious about the other arm. Do You have information?

I'm also wondering if we are 100% certain he died the same day as his friend. (i.e. was there a confession or other evidence?)

From The Charley Project:

Gamez has a small scar near his eyebrow. He has a tattoo of a rosary on his chest, a tattoo of writing on a scroll on the inside of his right forearm, and multiple tattoos on his left arm, including the letters "MOB", two stacks of money, skull faces, and flames.

I don't think we know for 100% that he was killed the same time, but since some have been charged, I would say the police know more than we do. IMO, it just doesn't seem likely that he was kept for a long time.

Thank you.

I was wondering if perhaps he was involved with additional shady behavior for some time after her death, given the prior arrest and situation with drug dealing and money laundering, and then was killed at a later date, but didn't want to come across as victim blaming.

Suspect charged in 2017 double murder released, cleared by DNA evidence

Thomas Lanham, 35, was taken into custody on Jan. 6 and charged with two counts of complicity to murder and complicity to tampering with physical evidence in connection with the Dec. 26, 2017, killings of Teressa McCoy and Austin Gamez. However, prosecutors dismissed the case after determining that DNA taken from blood found in Lanham's car did not tie him to the crimes.

New charges filed against man accused in 2017 double murder

Prosecutors had charged Sauer with murder and tampering with evidence, but dropped those charges on Feb. 21 because of a misread DNA analysis report on Gamez. Sauer is now charged with complicity to murder and tampering with physical evidence in that case.
Do the new charges carry about the same penalty as the initial charges? TIA

March 13 2023 rbbm.
''LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
Local and federal agents have been investigating and digging on a street in Louisville in relation to a murder case from 2017.

According to Jeffersontown Police Department, they, along with Louisville Metro police and the FBI have been conducting an investigation Monday in relation to the death of Teressa McCoy and the disappearance of Austin Gamez.''

''We do know that Gamez's remains have never been found. McCoy's were found at an auto repair shop on Strawberry Lane in the same neighborhood.''

''So at this point, no one is facing charges in the case.''

March 16 2023
''This week, more than 5 years after the crime, police returned to an Ottawa Avenue home they suspect is linked to the murder. Local and federal police spent Monday digging up a backyard.''

''They told Gamez they had reason to believe there was something there.

"I don't know if they think Austin is back there. I don't know if they think it's just evidence, buried evidence," Amy Gamez said.''

June 29 2023
1688384599908.png
This undated composite photo shows Teressa McCoy (left) and Austin Gamez (right). McCoy's body was found in a business on Strawberry Lane, and Gamez has been missing since 2017. (WDRB/archive)

''LMPD hasn't revealed what information it found in order to protect the case. The property is connected to the 2017 disappearance of Austin Gamez and the murder of Teresa McCoy.''

''McCoy was found dead in an SUV in the parking lot of a business on Strawberry Lane, not far from the house, in December 2017. Gamez was never found.

Two people were arrested in connection with the case, but the charges were later dropped.

The search is not connected to the person currently living at the home, according to police.

Anyone with information in the case can call LMPD's crime tip line at 502-574-LMPD (5673). Tips can also be submitted anonymously online through the department's crime tip portal by clicking here.''

• gamez_austin3.jpg
  • gamez_austin5.jpg
  • gamez_austin7.jpg
  • gamez_austin9.jpg
  • gamez_austin_tattoos.jpg
Gamez, circa 2017; Tattoos on Gamez's left arm

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors