OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

Maybe we should profile Congress and see who is a former vet and most likely to jump in and help. Then find the ‘sleuther’ that lives in their district!! Lol
i just checked and my congressman is a vet, but not on any veteran affairs committees. i am happy to send a message anytime if that is what Snoangel would like!

Just checking in.
I submitted Steve to DOE Network and I am waiting to hear back.
I am working on making contact with some Marine's that may have been in Steve's unit. Keep your fingers crossed.
I am also working on putting together a short video highlighting his disappearance (not that there is much info) to go along with a couple other cases to air on my YouTube channel. Maybe someone will see it and remember something. It's a longshot, but at this point I think that is all we have.
Short video would be so nice of you!

I received a reply from my senator office. I need to fill out a couple forms and send a copy of my birth certificate than they will request on my behalf.
Good morning @Snoangel26 ☀️, I woke up with you and your Dad on my mind and wanted to see how things are going and how you were. Also boosting your search to the forefront. Best wishes

Good morning @Snoangel26 ☀️, I woke up with you and your Dad on my mind and wanted to see how things are going and how you were. Also boosting your search to the forefront. Best wishes
Still waiting to see if the Senator office can help with getting anything. I'm still searching thru death index. I haven't received any correspondence back from national archives. I sent them a letter along with multiple papers I acquired. I believe I will get something to take me in the right direction, soon. I'm still holding out for hope. Thank you

Website keeps crashing on me tonight so hopefully I get my message posted. I have been following this thread since November (I believe). I'm amazed at everyone's research and input! Great work! I am from Oklahoma and the rental house is just blocks away from a home that has been in the family since I was born in 1976. It's very possible that my Dad (he's passed on), and my aunt's and uncles went to school with Steve. I'll ask around. My Dad had 10 brothers and sisters and they were in school around that same time. I looked up the property owner of the rental (for that time period) and it looks like the wife is still alive. Maybe she would remember your parents and be able to offer some kind of information. Maybe, just maybe she kept all of her records and has your dad's SSN? I do have a question. It was reported that Steve was last seen in Claremore, OK in 1976 and this is supposedly when he told his brother that he was AWOL (handcuff story) so he returned from CA to OK after going AWOL, right? The uncle who you do get to talk to has confirmed this story? Did he elaborate on what Steve talked to him about on that day? Where were they when talking? Did Steve mention what he planned to do next? His state of mind? Did he mention his family? Mention you? Did he say how he got back to OK? Who was he hanging around with? Anything other than the AWOL story? Does he know who Steve made sure to keep up with (like friends) or what church he was attending? What does he think happened to him? Does he believe Steve would just walkaway? Have you ever heard of conflict between Steve and anyone? Such a mystery. @Snoangel26 I can message you the original deed to house if you want to contact owner of the rental. It will be after the website stops crashing though.
*Disregard any errors. It's hard to type on phone with the glitches tonight.

Website keeps crashing on me tonight so hopefully I get my message posted. I have been following this thread since November (I believe). I'm amazed at everyone's research and input! Great work! I am from Oklahoma and the rental house is just blocks away from a home that has been in the family since I was born in 1976. It's very possible that my Dad (he's passed on), and my aunt's and uncles went to school with Steve. I'll ask around. My Dad had 10 brothers and sisters and they were in school around that same time. I looked up the property owner of the rental (for that time period) and it looks like the wife is still alive. Maybe she would remember your parents and be able to offer some kind of information. Maybe, just maybe she kept all of her records and has your dad's SSN? I do have a question. It was reported that Steve was last seen in Claremore, OK in 1976 and this is supposedly when he told his brother that he was AWOL (handcuff story) so he returned from CA to OK after going AWOL, right? The uncle who you do get to talk to has confirmed this story? Did he elaborate on what Steve talked to him about on that day? Where were they when talking? Did Steve mention what he planned to do next? His state of mind? Did he mention his family? Mention you? Did he say how he got back to OK? Who was he hanging around with? Anything other than the AWOL story? Does he know who Steve made sure to keep up with (like friends) or what church he was attending? What does he think happened to him? Does he believe Steve would just walkaway? Have you ever heard of conflict between Steve and anyone? Such a mystery. @Snoangel26 I can message you the original deed to house if you want to contact owner of the rental. It will be after the website stops crashing though.
*Disregard any errors. It's hard to type on phone with the glitches tonight.
@sinceyes please message me the details. I haven't heard any of conflict. I'm not sure how he got around. As he went AWOL multiple times.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back