NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the cases delayed (was it May?) - do we know what they really need to show for a conviction of the current charges, or what the possible time they could serve is?
I’m wondering what the “worst case” scenario is for DC and CP if they continue to be silent but those charges move forward.

So with the cases delayed (was it May?) - do we know what they really need to show for a conviction of the current charges, or what the possible time they could serve is?
I’m wondering what the “worst case” scenario is for DC and CP if they continue to be silent but those charges move forward.
We dont know if they found anything 'illegal' at the house, if they have I am sure they will add some more charges. But if not, then I have no idea what LE will do. Do we know what the sentences are for not telling the police about a missing child?

What a twist! I can't help but think, though, that if DC had somehow spirited M away that she would have left herself while CP was in Michigan. What would be her reason to stick around?

ETA: since it seems that M was already gone when DC made the call to the relative about hiding them, I'm thinking that she might have just been trying to cover herself and hide from the inevitable inquiry. If the relative had been able to take her away she always could have just said that CP wouldn't let her leave with M or something. MOO of course.

We dont know if they found anything 'illegal' at the house, if they have I am sure they will add some more charges. But if not, then I have no idea what LE will do. Do we know what the sentences are for not telling the police about a missing child?
This is exactly what I’m wondering. Especially if you consider the latest conversations above about her silence-I’d think it would be a problem for DC if she keeps silent thinking she will be released and is instead sentenced to prison.

Re the trafficker involvement now, considering these parents’ actions that we do know of, tbh I’d think it’s as likely they sold MM into being trafficked as tried to help her. I hate to even say it but if we think they’d kill her, then…

Another possibility is DC did try to have MM smuggled away for safety from CP, was not able to go along too for some reason (?), but fears MM would be harmed by the traffickers if she says anything.

Or maybe the whole trafficker thing was just an after-the-fact cover up attempt, as has been mentioned.

I can’t think of any reason to pick one theory over another though, whether these scenarios or others. There are still just so many unknowns. MOO

Last edited:
Apparently, almost HALF of identified cases of child trafficking begin with some family involvement.

The possibility of traffickers being involved in this case also made me think of DC and how she met CP in the first place because it seemed possibly a little shady to me. No idea how or if it figures in at all though.

Here's a link to some info. about child trafficking from The Counter-Trafficking Data Collaborative, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Here’s the problem—in these cases where a child disappears, and the parents don’t report it, or fake a report—there’s always speculation that the child has found a new home with living parents. Is it ever true? Ever? :confused:
But there is still a chance.
Until there is confirmation of a body, remains, DNA, a confession and on; there is still a chance.

But there is still a chance.
Until there is confirmation of a body, remains, DNA, a confession and on; there is still a chance.
Anything is possible, but after four months missing with no indication she is alive, I am not optimistic. I hope LE have a mountain of evidence and are not floundering in the dark like we are.

Here’s the problem—in these cases where a child disappears, and the parents don’t report it, or fake a report—there’s always speculation that the child has found a new home with living parents. Is it ever true? Ever? :confused:
Doubtful. But, if there ever was a case as you describe I'd love to see a link reporting to it.

Re the trafficker involvement now, considering these parents’ actions that we do know of, tbh I’d think it’s as likely they sold MM into being trafficked as tried to help her. I hate to even say it but if we think they’d kill her, then…

Another possibility is DC did try to have MM smuggled away for safety from CP, was not able to go along too for some reason (?), but fears MM would be harmed by the traffickers if she says anything.

Or maybe the whole trafficker thing was just an after-the-fact cover up attempt, as has been mentioned.

I can’t think of any reason to pick one theory over another though, whether these scenarios or others. There are still just so many unknowns. MOO
Traffickers and smugglers of this world are not kind and gentle folks who just wanna help people. They are the the worst and lowest of criminals capable of committing the most unimaginable of crimes for the highest sums of cash. Traffickers/smugglers work to help themselves not the poor souls who desperately submit themselves to being smuggled.

Traffickers and smugglers of this world are not kind and gentle folks who just wanna help people. They are the the worst and lowest of criminals capable of committing the most unimaginable of crimes for the highest sums of cash. Traffickers/smugglers work to help themselves not the poor souls who desperately submit themselves to being smuggled.
Huh? I was addressing those who spoke of DC possibly wanting to hire traffickers/smugglers to help her and MM get out of the country. I said I think it's just as likely that MM was sold to the traffickers as that scenario.

Traffickers/smugglers being kind and gentle folks who "just wanna help people" and etcetera was not stated or implied. I really doubt anyone would think that about them.

Last edited:
Huh? I was addressing those who spoke of DC possibly wanting to hire traffickers/smugglers to help her and MM get out of the country. I said I think it's just as likely that MM was sold to the traffickers as that scenario.

Traffickers/smugglers being kind and gentle folks who "just wanna help people" and etcetera was not stated or implied. I really doubt anyone would think that about them.
Understood. I was simply responding to your statements of traffickers/smugglers involvement by providing my negative opinion of that type of criminal.

Last edited:
Probably a helluva lot safer than she was with her parents.
Did she ever experience safety?

that is the last day too.
There is only one hope and it's that they sold her .
No idea what their financial records show.
It's utterly outrageous.
I cannot imagine how selling her would make her safe. Giving her to the underworld to smuggle her to safety is just insane and not a safer option.

LE has to have some deeper knowledge and it's just taking time to sort it out.

I cannot imagine how selling her would make her safe. Giving her to the underworld to smuggle her to safety is just insane and not a safer option.

LE has to have some deeper knowledge and it's just taking time to sort it out.
Alive, I meant, not safe.
It would depend upon why she was sold and who purchased her in this hypothethical situation.

If it was a family with means but no children who desperately wanted a child, she could be in good hands.

But I doubt it, it's mere speculation.

The only way I could see MC being "safe" with one, is that she could be related to said smugglers. We don't know anything about her Fathers side, could be a Father, Aunt, Uncle, close cousin, or Godparents from either side. The "distant relative" had the numbers to these people easily on hand, and MC's Grandmother seemed to approve of this route too, which for me, points to possibly actually knowing someone directly. But that could all just be wishful thinking on my end.

The only way I could see MC being "safe" with one, is that she could be related to said smugglers. We don't know anything about her Fathers side, could be a Father, Aunt, Uncle, close cousin, or Godparents from either side. The "distant relative" had the numbers to these people easily on hand, and MC's Grandmother seemed to approve of this route too, which for me, points to possibly actually knowing someone directly. But that could all just be wishful thinking on my end.
Sounds like wishful thinking, but as I have previously posted, anything is possible. My focus is on what is most likely.

Exactly this, and even if there were to be a time limit it certainly wouldn't be 3 weeks!.

How safe do we realistically think a sweet, 11yr old girl could be in the hands of drug traffickers?. To my mind, unless either one of her parents is the head of the snake, then this little girls safety is not at all guaranteed, Mum is locked up and Madalina can't be inconspicuosly delivered to family in Moldova now, so who is paying these traffickers to keep her safe? And would that be more profitable to them than the money they could consistently make from an 11yr old trafficked girl?.
I am more worried, not less, by these latest revelations :(

All jmo.
AGREED. I just want to cry for poor Madalina everytime I think about her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads