Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it makes sense. William disappeared while she was inside making tea, and 20 minutes later she called the police. That would have put his disappearance at the same time MFC returned home. Is she trying to incriminate him or what? She later said she and FGM drank the tea. Was the tea made and drunk within the 20 minutes before the 000 call? At least that would explain the tea still being warm when police checked. But sitting drinking tea doesn't sound like searching.
Agree JLZ… in the early days of the case we were lead to believe that the “tea” was made at approx 10am …. But it is not possible for that tea to still be warm in a cup at 11:06…… (there have been reports over the years that both the FM and FGM were inside making the tea… )

In my opinion, the tea was made close to 10:30am, (perhaps in the minutes after the drive??? ), and just before FF returned home to Benaroon Drive..

IMO

Yes, I think you are right. Sister's response to being asked by the detectives where William went, could she show them, she said "Down here". Presumably 'down' meant down the slope. It sounds like this interview was a walkthrough.
BBM …

Yes it does sound like a Walkthrough…. And it is quite possible she could have pointed at the area she was referring to….
IMO

In the FF's Walkthrough, he takes the Detective walking and talking in that area.

JMO, but maybe Detective Lonergan (Who has been involved in the case from the very beginning) has figured that William was on the high balcony looking out for the return of the FF's vehicle as it was approaching the house, and climbed up onto the railing and fell over....

Ii think the drive happened during that time frame.

I don't think she buried him.

No time.

I think he was left somewhere. (And moved from there to a secondary location at the very first subsequent opportunity.)

JMO
Interestingly, the investigators did believe he was buried in an area close to FGM's home. A theory significant enough it resulted in a huge, expensive and very public search. Surely they must've investigated all angles relating to FM's movements, including other possible opportunities she had to dispose of William? There's been no other searches we've heard about since the big dig and I think if there was even a whisper of a new search media would be straight on to it.

<modsnip: Direct quotes or copy/paste from a paywalled article is a violation of copyright law. The only thing allowed is a brief paraphrasing, in your own words, of the article content>

Another interesting sentence from the same article is that Longergan stated in court that he believed William was disposed of by FM, there is no mention of FF.

<modsnip: Removed direct quote from paywalled article>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, the investigators did believe he was buried in an area close to FGM's home. A theory significant enough it resulted in a huge, expensive and very public search. Surely they must've investigated all angles relating to FM's movements, including other possible opportunities she had to dispose of William? There's been no other searches we've heard about since the big dig and I think if there was even a whisper of a new search media would be straight on to it.

<modsnip: Direct quotes or copy/paste from a paywalled article is a violation of copyright law. The only thing allowed is a brief paraphrasing, in your own words, of the article content>

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...m/news-story/b3d0b51905136445a5fa59705777d0bf

Another interesting sentence from the same article is that Longergan stated in court that he believed William was disposed of by FM, there is no mention of FF.

<modsnip: Removed direct quote from paywalled article>
I believe the Police have been back ….. but just not a big deal was made out of it …

This article written Nov 5, 2022

I believe the Police have been back ….. but just not a big deal was made out of it …

That doesn’t mean they were searching or digging at all. They may have returned to town to talk to some people again.

That doesn’t mean they were searching or digging at all. They may have returned to town to talk to some people again.
Very true…. And I wasn’t trying to imply that they were searching or digging .. just adding to the conversation that Police had been back… as I only recently found that snippet of information for myself …

IMO

Very true…. And I wasn’t trying to imply that they were searching or digging .. just adding to the conversation that Police had been back… as I only recently found that snippet of information for myself …

IMO
Yes, interesting. With the point being that LE is obviously still actively investigating in the area, whether by physical searching, questioning, forensics, or whatever, etc. imo. Great find.

Another snippet I learned a little while back is that David Laidlaw is Investigation Coordinator of the Coronial Liaison & Review Team, which seems to be a position that sits within the Unsolved Homicide Team.

The person listed beneath him in this link is the Sergeant Assisting the Coroner, on the same team. (I don't think we have heard this person's name before.)

Neither here nor there, but just another little item to add to the fact box.

Agree JLZ… in the early days of the case we were lead to believe that the “tea” was made at approx 10am …. But it is not possible for that tea to still be warm in a cup at 11:06…… (there have been reports over the years that both the FM and FGM were inside making the tea… )

In my opinion, the tea was made close to 10:30am, (perhaps in the minutes after the drive??? ), and just before FF returned home to Benaroon Drive..

IMO

I think the tea was still warm when William disappeared, not still warm at 11:06?

In his opening address, Mr Craddock, told the court William had disappeared while the foster mother and Nanna were drinking tea that was still warm or “not too cold to drink”.

Another snippet I learned a little while back is that David Laidlaw is Investigation Coordinator of the Coronial Liaison & Review Team, which seems to be a position that sits within the Unsolved Homicide Team.

The person listed beneath him in this link is the Sergeant Assisting the Coroner, on the same team. (I don't think we have heard this person's name before.)

Neither here nor there, but just another little item to add to the fact box.
Thanks for this SA

And the part about the Sargent Assisting ….

I did know that Laidlaw was involved in the setting up of this program with the Coroners Court ……. by being Manager of the Coronial Investigation Team in 2007, DCI Laidlaw acts as liaison between NSW Police, the Coroner and NSW Health Pathology.

IIRC this was when they were setting up this process of working along side the Coroner, for such cases ….

Laidlaw also sits on the Board for SIDS … a voluntary position ….

A pretty decent man … IMO

Would W at 3 1/4 years have known that, and also known how to even get to the street to see a better view.. or would he have only really known where his dad had been parked prior to leaving?
As we heard, there was some traffic on the Benaroon Dr, and I think, even little boys are noticing the sound of cars. If little W played on the lawn, he could have seen the street with it's moving cars, although a bit far away. I don't know, why he shouldn't have known the direction. Afaik, in Sydney the boy was used to await his dad outside, and he would have known: previous to parking of dad's car, it would be seen already along the street. That is the whole fun of awaiting a driving dad: looking for the first sign of dad, coming his way. IMO

IMO
And that is why IMO tea was made twice...

JMO

I haven’t posted in a while but have been following religiously. What about the drive the ffc made the night of William’s disappearance? Someone please remind me why le didn’t go with or why ffc was left to go with all that was going on? I’ve always thought that drive was critical to solving the case. Tyia Moo imo

I haven’t posted in a while but have been following religiously. What about the drive the ffc made the night of William’s disappearance? Someone please remind me why le didn’t go with or why ffc was left to go with all that was going on? I’ve always thought that drive was critical to solving the case. Tyia Moo imo
Do you mean the airport drive?? Or another one ….???

<modsnip: Direct quotes or copy/paste from a paywalled article is a violation of copyright law>

I know this has been discussed before and I know there are inconsistencies (could have been any number of missing children)which aren't able to be explained BUT :-

RD
- Thought he left the Tennis Club at 10.15 just after policewoman WH received a call about a missing child. (10.15 would have tied in to the original FFC timeline of when W could have gone missing)

BUT the CCTV times had issues and the corrected time RD left the Tennis Club was corrected to 9.43

And the reason RD said he left was due to the phone call WH received? Seems a weird reason to leave considering WH wasn't even playing tennis.
(I know it could have been coincidence or he was planning to do something totally unrelated)

Maybe RD didn't want to reveal a conversation that he overheard the details due to its sensitive matter?? MOOO

Just running with that idea - if RD have heard more than he wants to reveal about that phone call because interestingly 9.43 could have been when W went missing.

Only If the photos at 9.37 are in question!! MOO

Do you mean the airport drive?? Or another one ….???

<modsnip: Direct quotes or copy/paste from a paywalled article is a violation of copyright law>

The airport drive was said to have been on the Sunday, and IIRC, both FGM and the sister were also present in the vehicle with FFC? But when we look back at early reports, the friends of the family from Sydney who fronted the media on behalf of the foster family, were present at Kendall by the very next day after W disappeared. They fronted the media in the afternoon of September 13th. Presumably to get there so quickly, they would've flown? And would they have rented a car, or would the fosters have picked them up at the airport? They likely wouldn't have a lot of need for a vehicle during their visit since there were two vehicles already present to take them anywhere they might need to go, etc. Were there in fact two trips to the airport?

Search for missing William Tyrell, 3, in Kendall, on NSW mid-north coast intensifies as community refuses to lose hope

LIA HARRIS and NEIL KEENE, IN KENDALL, The Sunday Telegraph

September 13, 2014 - 10:42PM·

“He is a much-loved, cherished little boy,” a close family friend speaking on behalf of the parents said this afternoon.

The family friend, who wanted to be known only as Nicole, said William’s relatives had been moved by the enormous show of community support during the search.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...e/news-story/2dc137f5d793ed4c8e52f37c11a3e510

Hey everyone,

Speculation or opinion based on known fact is fine, but if something can't be linked it is considered rumour. Rumours or hearsay are not up for discussion, even to say it's your opinion.

If it's fact, please link it. If it is thought be rumour, don't discuss it.

Thank you.

The airport drive was said to have been on the Sunday, and IIRC, both FGM and the sister were also present in the vehicle with FFC? But when we look back at early reports, the friends of the family from Sydney who fronted the media on behalf of the foster family, were present at Kendall by the very next day after W disappeared. They fronted the media in the afternoon of September 13th. Presumably to get there so quickly, they would've flown? And would they have rented a car, or would the fosters have picked them up at the airport? They likely wouldn't have a lot of need for a vehicle during their visit since there were two vehicles already present to take them anywhere they might need to go, etc. Were there in fact two trips to the airport?

Search for missing William Tyrell, 3, in Kendall, on NSW mid-north coast intensifies as community refuses to lose hope

LIA HARRIS and NEIL KEENE, IN KENDALL, The Sunday Telegraph

September 13, 2014 - 10:42PM·

“He is a much-loved, cherished little boy,” a close family friend speaking on behalf of the parents said this afternoon.

The family friend, who wanted to be known only as Nicole, said William’s relatives had been moved by the enormous show of community support during the search.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...e/news-story/2dc137f5d793ed4c8e52f37c11a3e510
They were friends from Sydney they would have just driven. Why would they fly? To what airport??

I would say that points to there being no "collusion" in their stories, otherwise they would all have the exact same time frame for everything.

There are time discrepancies all over the place, with everyone. Not just the foster family.

Eg:
The Crabbs heard the same vehicle, but they estimated the time frame differently.
RD who was at the tennis club thought he left at a specific time, then later on realised that he must have left at a different time.
FGM estimated the times by what time she "usually' got up. So she guessed that she got up at the same time that day, but maybe she didn't.

Unless people are religiously looking at the time every 5 minutes, all they can do is estimate it to the best of their ability.

imo

Actually, you would want MFC, FFC, and FGM to have "corroborating" evidence - a collection of facts and information that backs up someone's story. You want the exact time frames of all 3 otherwise red flags are raised.

The FGM is adamant she never saw MFC that morning in the walk-through video. FFC and MFC suggest he left around 9-ish Yet we have various times given when he left, especially if you're to believe CO's version in her book.

If they couldn't corroborate that basic (seeing each other) piece of info, then "Houston, we have a problem!" The walk-through video was done within a week of September 12th, so it's not like you couldn't remember exactly who was present and when. It's not hard to recall if you saw/didn't see someone and the other 2 parties place all 3 people still at the house. If one party is suggesting something different then that raises the possibility someone is not telling the truth.

There are time discrepancies with MFC, FFC, and FGM for good reason IMO.

Why is it that the time of William's disappearance has been allowed to be moved from 10:30 am to 10:10-10:15 am over the years? Not even Mr. Jubelin has raised an eyelid over this. Instead, he put 100% focus on Spedding and Savage and we now know how that all went down.

When does FMC take that drive to Batar Creek Rd? Is the timeline shifted back to fit the drive into the 10:15 am-10:30 am window? If so, then all the stories about him going missing at 10:30 have suddenly become unbelievable. Even in the police public interview in 2015, the FFC mumbled under her breath "no that is not right", responding to MFC saying 10:15 am is the last time he was seen.

If 10:30 am is the time he disappeared how on earth does FFC make the drive to Batar Creek Rd and be back to greet the MFC in the driveway? We know for a fact she takes the drive to Batar Creek Rd, that's indisputable.

You can't have it both ways when it comes to times and discrepancies. Time will bring someone's version undone with all the flip-flopping. I'm sure Mr. Laidlaw is aware of this. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member