Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they were replaced by "modern talk therapists" as I know many psychiatrists from that era (and still know them) who are still active in the field - and they now have a more biologically oriented paradigm. Freud didn't rule out biology and Paul Ricoeur argued that Freud was heading toward a theory of brain defects/zones of the brain affected.

Modern psychiatrists understand that "talk therapies" (including ego psychology/psychoanalysis) are important, but that ruling out brain dysfunction is more important. That includes both anatomy and physiology of the brain (both affected by both environment and genes). It's the toughest problem in the known scientific universe, IMO.
RSBM

All I meant was - if traditional analysts are still working with patients with DID (which I'm sure they are!) they aren't writing books about it for the popular market. At least, not in the last two or three decades. I was talking representation in print, not bods in the field, doing the work. If I find a recent title, I'll be sure to correct myself. I haven't seen one, but there are plenty of books out there that I haven't read. A lot of older titles were published small or vanity print, they're very hard to get hold of. The more recent void is things published for a short while on Createspace that aren't available any more. Because they were print on demand, something has to come up in the second hand market or it's just impossible to get hold of.

EDIT: Probably the closest thing I can think of is Annie G. Rogers' A Shining Affliction, which is about psychotherapy, not psychoanalysis specifically. Great book, though, if you ever come across it.

MOO

Last edited:
While we’re waiting on trial, here’s a good recap of the Preliminary Hearing which was held September 9, 2021.

Lauren S. was one of my favorite local reporters on this case from the very beginning. She attended all the hearings and live-tweeted all the details for us. Sadly, she left Fox 21 and Journalism.

** warning **
The first 20 minutes or so are graphic details about the discovery of Gannon in Florida.

1679227660519.jpeg
“Based on Letecia’s internet history, it’s reasonable to believe she was unhappily married to Mr. Stauch and had some degree of resentment toward the family as a stepparent,” the affidavit read. “Furthermore, days before Gannon’s murder, Letecia appeared to be researching a move to another state to a two-bedroom apartment.”

Opening statements are scheduled to start no later than April 3. The trial proceedings are expected to be broadcast via webinar.
Gannon Stauch
Gannon Stauch: Trial for Alleged Killer Stepmother to Begin Monday, What We Know

Before jury selection, are they going to discuss the competency or insanity defense issues?
She has been found competent.

As far as I know, something was submitted at day or two ago that is presumably related to her defense.

Also as far as I know, I think it's up to a jury to decide if she was insane at the time of the crime, now.

MOO

Monday, March 20th:
*Jury Selection set to begin (Murder) & Review Hearing (escape attempt) (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) akas Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name), Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond. [see below for re-filed charges].
Charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.
Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Trial set to begin on 3/20/23 with jury selection (could take up to 14 days). Trial will begin on 4/3/23 (6 week trial). Judge Gregory Werner set 4/3/23 as the earliest date that attorneys can begin opening statements, even if jury selection is completed earlier than expected.
12 jurors & 4 alternates to be picked. No trial on Thursdays. No trial on 5/12/23.

Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 2/2/23 reference post #524 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-27

3/9/23 Update: Pretrial readiness hearing held. Fourth Judicial District Attorney Michael Allen said that despite not having the final sanity report from a defense expert in hand, the prosecution still wanted to move forward with the set trial date of March 20. Allen said the prosecution’s hope is to receive the report prior to March 20 so its team can have experts from the state hospital interpret the findings. The defense said it would continue doing all it could to get the report to the people & the court by the deadline, and understood the court’s concerns. The defense also stated it had dropped off a flash drive to the prosecution and was unaware that everything was not turned over. On Thursday, the judge set a firm deadline for Letecia’s mental health report to be done, 5 p.m. March 16. Judge Gregory Werner asked Stauch if she would be “dressing out” for the trial, to which Stauch responded that she is choosing to wear her inmate jumpsuit. Another concern brought up by the prosecution was the potential for an MRI request from the defense for Stauch. The defense responded that it was frantically working on when that could be done. Werner said he was puzzled as to why an MRI had not been conducted prior and also why it was taking so long to get a final report from the doctor. “It is what it is, and we will deal with it as best we can … Be ready for trial on 3/20/23 & we will see where we go,” Werner said. Opening statements will start 4/3/23 & each side will get 1 hour. The Court denied the request for extended voir dire. Court edited question #23 re. clarified NGRI defense on the juror questionnaire. 75 jurors will be screened at a time. Each side will have 16 strikes. Only audio available during jury selection via Webinar.
3/1/23: Judge's Order (O-28) authorizing expanded media coverage. A rep of KRDO & of the Colorado Springs Gazette will be permitted in the courtroom during voir dire to provide pooled media coverage. Any observer of the Webinar may capture any video or audio of the proceedings & is authorized to rebroadcast them with 2 exceptions: There shall be NO audio or video capture of bench conferences & no capture of any video of any jurors' faces.

Before jury selection, are they going to discuss the competency or insanity defense issues?
I think there are lingering housekeeping issues including whether or not the Court granted LS an MRI, if the defense expert tendered the outstanding sanity eval report, or if the expert witness (Dr. Dorothy Lewis) will be stricken for bad faith.

I think there are lingering housekeeping issues including whether or not the Court granted LS an MRI, if the defense expert tendered the outstanding sanity eval report, or if the expert witness (Dr. Dorothy Lewis) will be stricken for bad faith.
Ok, good.

And according to our amazing @Niner:

*Jury Selection set to begin (Murder) & Review Hearing (escape attempt) (@ 9am MT)

So they may discuss her stupid escape attempt in the morning as well. I wonder if she will have ankle chains under her street clothes tomorrow?

Ok, good.

And according to our amazing @Niner:

*Jury Selection set to begin (Murder) & Review Hearing (escape attempt) (@ 9am MT)

So they may discuss her stupid escape attempt in the morning as well. I wonder if she will have ankle chains under her street clothes tomorrow?

She has decided NOT to wear street clothes, she will be in her orange jump suit... I think it's orange... :)

“Gannon, when you get here, you’ll be able to truly tell what happened, and then I really hope I get a sincere apology from everybody,” Letecia said.

On March 13th, a Colorado Springs judge announced a trial date for Letecia starting March 20th.

“I am just excited for Gannon to come home, most importantly for him to see his family,” Letecia said.

Come the 20th, 54 days since Gannon first went missing; authorities announced they believe the remains of Gannon are in Florida. The court then adds new file charges against Letecia.

“My main thing is I would never want someone to think I would hurt Gannon,” Letecia said.

Since her arrest, Letecia has undergone multiple mental health evaluations. The judge for the case set a deadline for her mental health report to be done by this week. So far, those results have not been made public.

Stauch’s trial is set to begin at 9 in the morning tomorrow.
*Is it 9 o’clock yet? I’m getting itchy fingers.

“Gannon, when you get here, you’ll be able to truly tell what happened, and then I really hope I get a sincere apology from everybody,” Letecia said.

On March 13th, a Colorado Springs judge announced a trial date for Letecia starting March 20th.

“I am just excited for Gannon to come home, most importantly for him to see his family,” Letecia said.

Come the 20th, 54 days since Gannon first went missing; authorities announced they believe the remains of Gannon are in Florida. The court then adds new file charges against Letecia.

“My main thing is I would never want someone to think I would hurt Gannon,” Letecia said.

Since her arrest, Letecia has undergone multiple mental health evaluations. The judge for the case set a deadline for her mental health report to be done by this week. So far, those results have not been made public.

Stauch’s trial is set to begin at 9 in the morning tomorrow.
*Is it 9 o’clock yet? I’m getting itchy fingers.

I really really want the jury to see and hear Leticia saying these disgusting lies ^^^ Above.

I really really want the jury to see and hear Leticia saying these disgusting lies ^^^ Above.
Yeah, she didn’t want “anyone to think I would hurt Gannon”. But yet she murdered him. Killers never want anyone “to think” they would hurt someone.
We know you did LS.
Be glad when this is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members