Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reply was related to any interviews JP did since he is now deceased but I do agree with any of Barry’s interviews
You're right as to JP, unless he made a sworn statement in a deposition as part of the investigation. Here's the applicable rule that @O.Incandenza alluded to (I think) expressing doubts similar to yours:

"Rule 804 - Hearsay Exceptions: Declarant Unavailable

(a) Definition of unavailability. "Unavailability as a witness" includes situations in which the declarant: ...(4) is unable to be present or to testify at the hearing because of death or then existing physical or mental illness or infirmity; ...

(b) Hearsay exceptions. The following are not excluded by the hearsay rule if the declarant is unavailable as a witness: 1) Former testimony. Testimony given as a witness at another hearing of the same or a different proceeding, or in a deposition taken in compliance with law in the course of the same or another proceeding, if the party against whom the testimony is now offered, or, in a civil action or proceeding, a predecessor in interest, had an opportunity and similar motive to develop the testimony by direct, cross, or redirect examination...."

Last edited:
My only guess is IE was setting the stage for some of the known information about their marital dynamics which apparently wasn’t always as portrayed.
I tend to agree this was the likely intent, but I think it was mostly for public consumption in the PH because evidence of SM's character would have been excluded and the affair would be mostly irrelevant without evidence BM knew about it. Strictly speaking, Libler's only clear relevance is that he was talking to SM in the time frame she disappeared and can describe his experience of the conversation. The affair might be mentioned incidental to that conversation.

It would not have been in BM's interest to emphasize the existence of the affair in front of a jury because it would be a lightning rod for motive and Libler has an ironclad alibi.

All MOO. (Not an attorney)

Last edited:
In his own words:

Well said JP. RIP

“I mean it’s either foul play or an alien has got her, and we know that aliens are far-fetched you know what I’m saying but someone just doesn’t walk off the face of the earth like that and disappear it’s just not normal, it’s just not normal at all,” he said.

Well said JP. RIP

“I mean it’s either foul play or an alien has got her, and we know that aliens are far-fetched you know what I’m saying but someone just doesn’t walk off the face of the earth like that and disappear it’s just not normal, it’s just not normal at all,” he said.
In terms of evidence, IIRC, JP could testify to:

1. the last-minute recruitment to repair the wall in Broomfield;

2. finding the room BM had occupied smelling very strongly of bleach;

3. finding that BM had not brought with him, acquired in Broomfield, and left for their use tools adequate to repair the wall.

4. finding a piece of mail addressed to BM in the room's trash container after BM left;

5. his layman's opinion, as the article quotes him, “When I found the mail the next morning, it just looked like an alibi you know what I’m saying, just the way things was.”

6. seeing BM in downtown Salida after BM told MG at 11:00 am on the day before SM was reported missing “...that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking.”

Most of this was corroborated by SM.

he could have placed supplies beside the disposal site any time before, that way he only needed to carry her in there.
This was never a spur of the moment decision, it was well planned.
i'd be looking at his purchases for at least 12 months preceding..
i think he was always gonna do it, whether he knew about her affair or not..
recall that text she sent him referring to his past whatevers..
I assume she was referring to sexual exploits..
She found out, somehow and he knew she knew.
I don't know when or how she found out but i think that once he knew she knew it was game over for her...
Mr preacher himself had feet or other anatomical appendages of mere clay..
Ego..

it would have been absolutely no problem to drop materials and await the opportunity.. could even have used a barrel of some description, buried her alive in wet concrete in an enclosed container..
Well, he did say he could b*arry bury* a body and nobody would find it.

'Killer' husband Barry Morphew 'would know where to hide a body in Colorado' and police would 'likely never find it', claims a friend​

Barry claimed 9 employees and received 53,000 (100 % for payroll of employees) a week before Suzanne went missing. Here's a good website to report fraud.

Last edited:
Rest in Peace, JP

Didn't JP find insurance papers in the room at the hotel, in addition to the wet towels on the floor? I thought the insurance papers were underneath a pillow, but I could be wrong.

Rest in Peace, JP

Didn't JP find insurance papers in the room at the hotel, in addition to the wet towels on the floor? I thought the insurance papers were underneath a pillow, but I could be wrong.
I think he found some mail that had been tossed but I don’t know that the public ever knew what the tossed mail was or if it had any importance. I would believe it if he took a shower and left wet towels as he records show he was in the room for quite awhile.

Rest in Peace, JP

Yes. He found a stack of papers and mail, including insurance documents, according to him.There was file folder metal bands in the fireplace where he burned her journal and only he knows what else. There's security photos of him bringing documents into the hotel.

Barry claimed 9 employees and received 53,000 (100 % for payroll of employees) a week before Suzanne went missing. Here's a good website to report fraud.

"PPP" of the federal government loan program stands for "Paycheck Protection Program," and any suggestion to report fraud here is a bigger joke than believing BM's claim!

The number of employees reported here was actually by a crude calculation from politicos and SBA for the history books and what they probably hoped to be beneficial in the next election campaign.

For example, when we had to lock the doors during COVID and work from home, our PPP loan was 100% for our monthly lease expense that didn't go away every month but if you look up our name, you'll also find a bogus number of employees reported which was NOT reported or claimed by us.

To be clear, the number of employees reported on any PPP site was not by the applicant (including Barry) but ultimately reported by the government to promote jobs retained or saved by the government program.

DBM DUP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members