Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's what the perp was instructed to do, then, yes. Any forensic evidence of means of death left behind would be difficult for the parents to explain. However, imo Madeleine wasn't murdered in 5A.
Where do you think she was murdered, was she being looked after by someone else?

There have been that many documentaries, truth is its all speculation, only thing known is that CB is a suspect in the as yet unexplained circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

And that's the reality almost 3 years after HCW accused him so publicly of being responsible for the abduction and murder of MM. What a mortifying mess of an investigation.

I don't believe CB will ever be charged in relation to MM. And not just because of this ham-fisted investigation.

I also don't believe the will is there to actually investigate this case in the way it should have been investigated all those years ago.

On a positive note, if those other charges against CB ever finally come to court and he's successfully convicted, then that at least would justify the time and resources the LE has invested here. At least it would be something.

Last edited:
I think it would be a mistake to draw any inference from the fact that Brueckner has not, so far, been charged with anything connected to Madeleine's disappearance:

Consider these two paragraphs from the article I link to above:

Instead, German investigators today charged [Brueckner] with five offences between 2000 and 2017, when Brueckner was travelling between his native Germany and Portugal.

These include the rapes of two unknown women in Portugal, the rape of a 20-year-old Irish woman in 2004, the sexual abuse of a 10-year-old German girl in April 2007 on a Portuguese beach - close to where Madeleine vanished just a month later - and a further sexual abuse case in 2017, again in Portugal.

These are all crimes committed, as long ago as 2000. which Brueckner has been charged with, but has yet to be tried for.

Consider, further, that Brueckner only came onto the German radar in respect of alleged crimes against Madeleine well after 2007.

Small wonder, then, that no charges have, so far, been pressed against Brueckner in respect of crimes against Madeleine.

There is a long queue, and Madeleine has her place in that queue.

ETA: One line of sceptic-reasoning for accusing the McCanns blown out of the water is that crimes of the type Madeleine was a victim of are committed by serial offenders and the crime against Madeleine was 'one-off and unique'. Oh no it wasn't.

Hazel Behan's case has, I think, still to come to trial.

She was raped in 2004, three years before Madeleine vanished

Last edited:
Where do you think she was murdered, was she being looked after by someone else?

Paraphrasing here, according to HCW, he said he believed she died 'soon but we don't know precisely how soon' after she was abducted. I can't be arsed to go looking for the quote (mainly because I have no faith in this investigation) but that's IIRC what he said.

Paraphrasing here, according to HCW, he said he believed she died 'soon but we don't know precisely how soon' after she was abducted. I can't be arsed to go looking for the quote (mainly because I have no faith in this investigation) but that's IIRC what he said.
Do you have faith in Amaral's investigation?

The idea there is a queue doesn't make much sense to me.

You charge the cases you have the evidence to support. You don't leave a murder case in the queue because you are charging lesser cases.
Couzens was charged with murder, indecent exposer after.

When asked where he believed she was killed, Wolters claimed: “In Portugal. I am optimistic we will solve this case.”

Then later on in the year he says they have no idea how she died.

Last edited:

You charge the cases you have the evidence to support. You don't leave a murder case in the queue because you are charging lesser cases.
They seem to have gone for chronology rather than triage. All the crimes (alleged) are very serious.

It's ludicrous. As is HCW's own professed hope (his own words, they're here on this thread) that a judge might look more favourably upon his CB/MM case if he managed to bring about successful charges against CB in these other unrelated cases.

Just ludicrous.

Authorities first began investigating Brueckner for alleged crimes against Madeleine in 2017

Brueckner only came to the attention of the authorities in 2017

The first time Brueckner came to the attention of the authorities regarding Madeleine's disappearance was in 2017, after he allegedly told a friend "he knew all about" what had happened to her.

They seem to have gone for chronology rather than triage. All the crimes (alleged) are very serious.
Aye , but some less so than others
A rape accusation is more serious than a bit of willy waving on a beach. IMO

"Got any further"?

Amaral, left to his own devices, would have 'solved' the case, by having Kate and Gerry banged up in prison, somewhere.
Whatever his personal opinion of them was he didn't have the power to prosecute did he, and the people with the power let them fly home with no attempt to stop them being made. Amaral was only asking questions police in any country would have asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong