SC - Stephen Smith, 19, homicide, Hampton Co, 9 Jul 2015 *new death investigation 2023*

"SLED, Sheriff's, Hampton County Coroners' office, if they had done their job that day, I don’t think we would be here today," says Former SCHP Lt. Tommy Moore.

So glad he is speaking up...admirable, imo

"SLED, Sheriff's, Hampton County Coroners' office, if they had done their job that day, I don’t think we would be here today," says Former SCHP Lt. Tommy Moore.

So glad he is speaking up...admirable, imo

I totally agree !!!! Interviewers were months from time of accident, didn't even request phone down load till 6 months, never met with the man at Hilton Head. Spent all his time chasing rumors, rather than an objective, prompt follow up with all SS acquaintances, I can go on. They had preconceived notion, based on rumors that never traced back to an originator. Then they appears to give up, after a grand jury release.

I'm happy SS mothers voice is being heard !!! Some of those in the Big house need to hear her and take action. She should NOT have to pay for an accurate investigation, exhuming the body, nor an independent autopsy. They messed up from the get go, didn't do better the second time, and now she much pay to get answers.

This reminds me of a another crime scene investigation with little physical evidence. It was pure luck in the 9th ending, when they found the video.

Referencing the FITS 4 part series and today's presser. Both in this theead.

MOO and a Fierce fighting Mama myself

<modsnip>

Making a very loud media statement saying something is nothing but "social media rumors" does not make it true and it damn sure won't make it go away. We're going to figure out what happened here. Understand that asap.
IMO, this statement ensures he remains relevant, more of the same for media consumption....just the opposite of his message.....interesting Griffin attaching his name to his statement right before SS exhumation...

call me cynical...

and then Bland SS attorney partial response to BM statement: " Buster, as we know, has nothing to do with this. And whatever is mentioned in the records, that's what investigators are going to look at. But we have no knowledge at all about Buster or the Murdaughs having anything to do with this right now."

IMO its unfortunate, but there is nothing BM can do about the original media reporting being rehashed. and subsequent official LE records available online referencing his name in conjunction with unsubstantiated tips. and will continue to be rehashed if or until something new comes to light.

IMO media and individuals will still look to the original scene reporting documents available online, which identified people at the scene, investigative notes (which unfortunately no one was questioned at that time, just 'rumours')....the coroner washington and deputy coroner green who disagreed with presnell is also a continuing topic...

unfortunately, his father's other crimes will stay in he news for quite a bit of time until the next 'new nasty' individual snags headlines.

Every parent deserves an answer as to why their child died. imo

As yearslong mysteries surrounding the family are garnering fresh attention, so are several
Alex Murdaugh, the disgraced former South Carolina attorney, was sentenced to life in prison earlier this month after he was found guilty of murdering his wife and son — the most serious and grisliest of the allegations faced by the scion of what was once one of the state’s most influential dynasties.

The murder convictions, which Murdaugh has appealed, came almost two years after he called police to report he had found his wife, Margaret “Maggie” Murdaugh, and his grown son, Paul Murdaugh, shot dead at their rural estate. Murdaugh said he found the bodies after returning from a visit to his mother.

Smith's family announced that they will exhume his body following the renewed attention on the case after Alex Murdaugh was found guilty of murder. There have been rumors that Murdaugh's son Buster (pictured) was involved in a romantic relationship with Smith

Imo ... Stephen was 'silenced' because of what he knew.

I think Buster knows a lot more than he's divulging in the murder of this young man.
How sad and disgusting that it's been covered up until now.

Rest in peace, Stephan !
Justice is coming.
Imo.

Last edited:
Teen found on side of road now deemed homicide after Murdaugh case reignites interest: Family attorney

The body of a teenager found along a South Carolina road, whose death was being re-investigated after public interest was renewed during the Alex Murdaugh case, has now been deemed a homicide, the family attorney says.

The extraordinary disclosure of the death investigation of Stephen Smith came in a phone call between lawyer Eric Bland and South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) Chief Mark Keel.

BARNWELL, S.C. (WCIV) — The attorney for the family of Stephen Smith has announced the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is investigating Smith's 2015 death as a homicide.

According to a March 21 press release, Bland Richter Law Firm, representing Smith's family, announced the new investigation after a phone call between SLED Chief Mark Keel and firm co-founder Eric Bland.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie