CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

Yes. Just wow. Poorly redacted for sure. Hope the girlfriend realizes she might have been next someday down the road.

[snip}

Just jaw-dropping. All of it.

MOO and IMO.
snipped and bolded by me for focus

yes, all of this but particularly the girlfriend maybe being the next victim one day down the road.

After reading that affidavit (or whatever you call it), it sounds like JC devised this plot from a decades-old detective novel. It totally doesn’t work after the advent of computers, since now everything has an electronic trail, but it used to be a viable murder plot. Almost cliché.

In all those old-fashioned detective novels, the perp almost doesn’t get caught. I’ll bet— out of arrogance— JC thought he wouldn’t make the same stupid mistakes. Wrong: we know better.

Also, I wonder what the deal was with all the interior cameras at the home. And it sounded like they weren’t hooked up or something? JC took them offline during the murders? Or they were fake? I’m not understanding this detail.

Last edited:
What a horrible manipulative man.

Has no shame, even admits to trying to poison her before so as to protect her from his own alleged suicide plans.

I wish Angela had been able to really leave him, as she evidently tried before

However, the more I read about this narcissistic manipulator, Angela would still be in danger if they had divorced because all he really cared about was not having to pay money to her and their six lovely children.

Life in Prison, no parole, although DP should be on the table, too.

Has no shame, even admits to trying to poison her before so as to protect her from his own alleged suicide plans.
I'd be willing to bet the suicide thing was just a lie.

He probably just screwed up and didn't give her a high enough dose last time, or the poison wasn't as potent as he thought. Perhaps that's why this time he ordered so much this time and from multiple sources too.

He probably just screwed up and didn't give her a high enough dose last time, or the poison wasn't as potent as he thought. Perhaps that's why this time he ordered so much this time and from multiple sources too.
agreed. It was simply another ruse from the narc bag o tricks to convince her that HE was the victim despite the fact that HE had drugged her. This poor lady.

Of course it was.

A shabby, low-functioning narcissist maneuver to gain sympathy from his victim and deflect her natural alarm and fear over his attempt to poison her.

I wish she had taken the kids and filed for divorce that instant

Wowza. This guy. No Moriarty is he. Even for Colorado.

Looks like he attended the Patrick Frazee School for Vicious and Advanced Criminal Bumbling (Well, Exactly).

Waiting for Hurricane Iris E to blow in and remind us at high volume of just how innocent and unjustly accused is poor Jim.

I mean sure divorces can be expensive -- but they rarely land you in jail for the rest of your life.

The oleander poison was an episode of Forensic Files back in the day.
I remember watching a 48 hours or dateline where a woman was thought to have poisoned her husband with oleander. He had passed and I think she had researched “white oleander” on her computer. Anyone remember that case? I can’t remember if she was ever charged or found guilty…. I’ll have to look that one up.

I took the conversation with his friend Ryan as meaning that Jim was claiming he didn’t poison Angela, and was claiming that Angela asked him to buy the poisons so she could kill herself. Not that it was a “mercy” killing to save her from killing herself. He was trying to claim it was all Angela and he just bought it for her.

@Iri
I took the conversation with his friend Ryan as meaning that Jim was claiming he didn’t poison Angela, and was claiming that Angela asked him to buy the poisons so she could kill herself. Not that it was a “mercy” killing to save her from killing herself. He was trying to claim it was all Angela and he just bought it for her.
agreed, very similar in MO to the "oh honey, so sorry I drugged you but I didn't want you to stop me from taking my own miserable depressed poor me life." carp he pulled on Angela. Somehow it's always him that's the victim.

"feel sorry for me, Angela is so depressed she made me order this garbage for her and what could I do, I mean I didn't REALLY think she would take such poison, we were just playing a big ole game of chicken." WTF ever dude.

@Iri

agreed, very similar in MO to the "oh honey, so sorry I drugged you but I didn't want you to stop me from taking my own miserable depressed poor me life." carp he pulled on Angela. Somehow it's always him that's the victim.

"feel sorry for me, Angela is so depressed she made me order this garbage for her and what could I do, I mean I didn't REALLY think she would take such poison, we were just playing a big ole game of chicken." WTF ever dude.

I believe that the OP is referencing the incident from about five years ago referenced in the arrest affidavit. Angela’s sister states in the arrest affidavit that about five years ago Craig had drugged his wife with an unknown drug because he said he planned to kill himself and did not want her to be able to save him.

snipped and bolded by me for focus

yes, all of this but particularly the girlfriend maybe being the next victim one day down the road.
Seriously. I spent about half of my childhood where she practices and it's a pretty small place. I wonder if they met at a convention or something. She dodged a huuuuge bullet. Must be terrifying.

I'm very grateful that his kids were spared but honestly pretty surprised that he didn't take the "family annihilator" route. He sort of ticks all the boxes.

I believe that the OP is referencing the incident from about five years ago referenced in the arrest affidavit. Angela’s sister states in the arrest affidavit that about five years ago Craig had drugged his wife with an unknown drug because he said he planned to kill himself and did not want her to be able to save him.

This is how I understood it too. He tried poisoning Angela about 5 years ago. Supposedly he wanted to kill himself and didn't want her interfering in time to save his life. (I don't believe that was the reason, IMO. I think he was either trying to kill her -- did he have another mistress then? -- or was he doing "trial" runs to see how it went?)

This time, he told his friend that Angela wanted to kill herself and he was just "helping" out since he was a dentist and could order drugs (poisons). Gee, what a nice guy. <snark> And it's just freaking creepy how he said to Angela (when she was sick this time), don't worry honey, I didn't poison you this time. Just horrifying.

So, two incidents of poisoning Angela over a five year period.

Their poor kids. They must be in absolute shock.

MOO.

I remember watching a 48 hours or dateline where a woman was thought to have poisoned her husband with oleander. He had passed and I think she had researched “white oleander” on her computer. Anyone remember that case? I can’t remember if she was ever charged or found guilty…. I’ll have to look that one up.
I think it was this one.

Did he really think he'd get away with it by making a fake email? Like, was that the KEY to his plan?

Of primary note, don't associate your actual name and addresses with said fake email account - kind of defeats the "anonymous" or "burner" nature of it.

Did he really think he'd get away with it by making a fake email? Like, was that the KEY to his plan?

Of primary note, don't associate your actual name and addresses with said fake email account - kind of defeats the "anonymous" or "burner" nature of it.
Right?! He was too busy searching what poisons will go undetected that he forgot about his digital footprint. DOH.

the more I delve into the texts between perp and Angela the more angry and disgusted I become.

"Given our history, I know that must be a trigger," he replied to his wife in a text. "Just for the record, I didn't drug you. I am super worried though. You really looked pale before I left. Like your lips even."
Colorado dentist accused of poisoning wife's protein shakes to start new life with lover

that bolded sentence . . . I am picturing him typing that all concerned and worried appearing while secretly torn between gloating that she's so sick and irritated she hasn't died yet. and then proceeding to get online and order the oleadrin.

just horrific. who DOES this to the mother of his six children?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back