VA - 6-YEAR-OLD in custody after shooting teacher, Newport News, Jan 2023 *mom charged* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The District Attorney office did not respond, per Savannah Guthrie. The family made a statement, they were please the child was not charged and hoped for a recovery, so something like that.

Nope, don't think we will see charges from DA.

Last edited:
WOW !!!

Newport Newport Police Dept FB is hosting the weekly chat with COP today.

The COP will be on at noon and six. First time in months.

Come join me it you can or let me know what questions you would like.

I will be asking about the investigation.

Moo

Per COP FB...para phrase

Said everything turned over to the DA. It takes awhile to review. We will hear if anyone is charged or not. The DA is aware of the law. [hum]

Someone ask about, bullying. Responded his officers do paperwork in the parking lot, encouraged to report to school or LE if at home.

A substitute teacher, concerns about safety. Again, officers do ride bys at all schools.

Ask would parents be charged? COP stated, he had interviewed many multiple times, and turned over all evidence over to DA. It takes time, and they will review and make decision. He has great relationship with DS office.

Lots of stuff about community events COP participates in. He's a great guy in my opinion.

The District Attorney office did not respond, per Savannah Guthrie. The family made a statement, they were please the child was not charged and hoped for a recovery, so something like that.

Nope, don't think we will see charges from DA.

The attorney said she was watching the DA's office.

I assumed the interview was very recent and the 2 week time frame would be from airing? Do you think that's not the case??

ETA: I don't remember hearing AZ nor her attorney saying they were pleased the child was not charged... I'm rewatching as it's possible I missed that. Maybe you can direct me??

Last edited:
The attorney said she was watching the DA's office.

I assumed the interview was very recent and the 2 week time frame would be from airing? Do you think that's not the case??

ETA: I don't remember hearing AZ nor her attorney saying they were pleased the child was not charged... I'm rewatching as it's possible I missed that. Maybe you can direct me??
It was yesterday. She was on assignment yesterday from the show.

Also, want to mention NNPC said, he had not seen but the dept recorded and he would be watching. He knew about the interview, when he called her yesterday to see how she was doing.

It was yesterday. She was on assignment yesterday from the show.

Also, want to mention NNPC said, he had not seen but the dept recorded and he would be watching. He knew about the interview, when he called her yesterday to see how she was doing.

So very recent, good!

And, did you find where they said they were pleased about the child not being charged? I watched twice (at the link below) but still didn't hear it. (Is there a part that's missing?)

Virginia teacher shot by 6-year-old student tells her story to TODAY

So very recent, good!

And, did you find where they said they were pleased about the child not being charged? I watched twice (at the link below) but still didn't hear it. (Is there a part that's missing?)

Virginia teacher shot by 6-year-old student tells her story to TODAY
It was in the live interview. Twitter only has clips. They flashed a statement on the screen, in the first interview.

I don't know if Today will post the entire interview.transaction. It was two part, second was in the third hour and they had an open discussion.

This link has both full interviews.

It was in the live interview. Twitter only has clips. They flashed a statement on the screen, in the first interview.

I don't know if Today will post the entire interview.transaction. It was two part, second was in the third hour and they had an open discussion.

This link has both full interviews.

That's the same link that was in my post.

The only statement I saw flashed on the screen was from the attorney of the child's mother.

Totally different than coming from AZ or anyone in her camp!

Last edited:

The only statement I saw flashed on the screen was from the attorney of the child's mother.

Totally different than coming from AZ or anyone in her camp! I don't believe they said they were pleased.

It wasn't a statement attributed to AZ and family. Just the Today's show comments, with the flashing of the 'statement' made by attorney Ellenson. A little mega announcement if you will....from the MSM. Subtle tones of...' the family has not been charged'.....(yet). MOO

It wasn't a statement attributed to AZ and family. Just the Today's show comments, with the flashing of the 'statement' made by attorney Ellenson. A little mega announcement if you will....from the MSM. Subtle tones of...' the family has not been charged'.....(yet). MOO

Glad you saw this and understood it as I did!

Totally different than coming from AZ or anyone in her camp!
Yes, it's the attorney statement from the family. Sorry, I wasnt clear. I thought it was a statement from the attorney from the child's family

Since we all know the child had direct access to mom's gun (like in virtually every other case ever, of a kid getting ahold of the parent's gun and then the parent being criminally charged), I'm guessing the real reason for no charges, is some sort of social/political issue, and not any sort of lack of evidence a crime took place.

But I have to confess, I'm even more surprised the identity of the parents hasn't already been leaked.

jmo

A brave young woman and much courage and love she shows. Has set an example for us all, imo.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — A Virginia teacher who was shot and wounded by her 6-year-old studentsaid it has changed her life and she has vivid memories and nightmares about that day.

“I just will never forget the look on his face that he gave me while he pointed the gun directly at me,” first-grade teacher Abby Zwerner said during an exclusive interview with NBC’s Savannah Guthrie about the student. “It’s changed me. It’s changed my life.”

She said she’s still in shock and can’t make sense of it, in a portion of the interview that was aired Tuesday morning on “Today.”

Last edited:
Prominent Hampton Roads lawyer joins Abby Zwerner's legal team

Prominent Hampton Roads lawyer Jeffrey Breit, a partner at the firm, confirmed to 13News Now on Tuesday that he is representing Zwerner in partnership with the Toscano Law Group.

13News Now reached out to Toscano Law Group for comment on what this arrangement could mean for their anticipated lawsuit against Newport News Public Schools. Diane Toscano, the firm's founder, sent the following back:

“As we approach the filing of the lawsuit and the case moves into the next stage, I’ve been building a top-notch legal team of attorneys and experts to fight for justice for Abby Zwerner and to hold accountable those who failed to prevent this tragedy. Jeff Breit and the team at Breit Biniazan are tremendous lawyers that I have added to our legal team. We know how closely watched this situation is around the nation, and we are laser focused on this case.”
Breit specializes in personal injury lawsuits and has been involved in a number of high-profile cases across the region.

Prominent Hampton Roads lawyer joins Abby Zwerner's legal team

Prominent Hampton Roads lawyer Jeffrey Breit, a partner at the firm, confirmed to 13News Now on Tuesday that he is representing Zwerner in partnership with the Toscano Law Group.

13News Now reached out to Toscano Law Group for comment on what this arrangement could mean for their anticipated lawsuit against Newport News Public Schools. Diane Toscano, the firm's founder, sent the following back:

“As we approach the filing of the lawsuit and the case moves into the next stage, I’ve been building a top-notch legal team of attorneys and experts to fight for justice for Abby Zwerner and to hold accountable those who failed to prevent this tragedy. Jeff Breit and the team at Breit Biniazan are tremendous lawyers that I have added to our legal team. We know how closely watched this situation is around the nation, and we are laser focused on this case.”
Breit specializes in personal injury lawsuits and has been involved in a number of high-profile cases across the region.

My favorite part about that article was the phrase " and to hold accountable those who failed to prevent this tragedy".
There are many of those, IMO.

These lawyers for AZ are thankfully lining up and surrounding AZ like lions protecting a cub. And, they will take no prisoners.
Game On !!

Hope it is ok to put this here but I could not find a thread and this is another student shooting 2 teachers. He was required to be patted down daily.
I posted a thread and this post can be removed if need be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member