MO - Jacquelyn "Jacque" Mitchell 39 of St Charles, car fnd Maryland Hgts, getting into car Sunset Hills, found deceased, 14 Mar 2023 *arrest*

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1679317087495.png

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. – Family and friends have been frantically looking for a St. Charles woman who hasn’t been seen or heard from since early last week.

In a FOX 2 exclusive, our news crews were there when Jacquelyn “Jacque” Elizabeth Mitchell’s family finally got a break in the case and alerted police.

“She has been missing for five days now,” Tiffany Mitchell, Jacquelyn’s sister, said. “It has been five days. This is out of character. Something is wrong.”

People closest to the 39-year-old have not heard from her since Tuesday, March 14. Her family said she went to Maggie O’Briens in Sunset Hills on South Lindbergh around 7 p.m.

“So she went to Maggie O’s to grab a salad after work, which is down the street from her work,” her sister explained.

Huelsman Jewelers Inc. is in the same Sunset Village shopping plaza. Tiffany shared that the owner sent her surveillance video of Jacque in the parking lot getting into her car alone, leaving the restaurant that night. (FOX 2 is working to get permission to show that video taken at the business.)

As the dozens of people searching for Jacque broke up into smaller groups just after 10:30 a.m., her cousin Vernon Lane and his wife found her car at the Whisper Hollow Apartments in Maryland Heights. They called police, who checked inside the Nissan Sentra Mitchell was driving. There were still no signs of where Jacque could be.

Since her family reported her missing in St. Charles, Maryland Heights police investigating the scene where her car was found say this is still St. Charles police’s investigation.

If you have any information, you are asked to call 636-949-3300.

There is a lot more at the link.

The distance from Sunset Hills to Maryland Heights is 16 miles. I wonder if she knew someone at the Whisper Hollow Apts or if she met with foul play and someone else left her car there.

Search for missing St. Charles woman leads to abandoned car in Maryland Heights

Tiffany says Jacque's phone last pinged off a cell tower near Highway 364 and Bennington, which is what brought the search to a six-mile radius in Maryland Heights.

Jacque lives in St. Charles and works in Sunset Hills. Her family believes her phone is now dead, and her debit card was last used at Maggie O'Briens.

“If anybody knows about Jacque and has her, would you please let her come home to her mother and father,” said James Mitchell, Jacque’s father. “This is hard. And we are looking, Jacque, we are really looking, and we are not going to stop.”

There was a break in the case over the weekend, as Mitchell’s cousin found her Nissan Sentra abandoned at an apartment complex in Maryland Heights. Police responded but found no signs of where Mitchell could be.

“I would say I don’t believe that she drove that vehicle there,” said Stephanie Babcock, Mitchell’s sister. “She knows nobody in there.”

“This is out of character,” said Tiffany Mitchell, the missing woman’s sister. “Something is wrong.”

“We want her home,” Tiffany Mitchell said. “This is not her. This is not, she doesn’t do this. Like, I just, ‘Jacque, please come home. Wherever you are, please come home.’”

Last edited:
“If anybody knows about Jacque and has her, would you please let her come home to her mother and father,” said James Mitchell, Jacque’s father. “This is hard. And we are looking, Jacque, we are really looking, and we are not going to stop.”

There was a break in the case over the weekend, as Mitchell’s cousin found her Nissan Sentra abandoned at an apartment complex in Maryland Heights. Police responded but found no signs of where Mitchell could be.

“I would say I don’t believe that she drove that vehicle there,” said Stephanie Babcock, Mitchell’s sister. “She knows nobody in there.”

I hope police searched her car and examined it carefully to determine if someone else drove her car. If so, they may have left behind DNA, fingerprints, etc.

I also hoped they checked to see if there's security video in the apartment complex or any businesses nearby.

I'm wondering if there was someone she saw at the restaurant who followed her after she left?

Did she eat with anyone? 7pm until 11.30 is a pretty long time.

The news reports don't say, but there were probably other people there. It looks like a fairly popular place, its in a busy area of stores, office buildings, etc. I haven't been there in many years, but am familiar with it.

Looks like the local Optimists Clubs meet there. A community service organization that's popular in the StL suburbs. Also looks like its a popular sports bar. Seems like a place with nice, local, non-criminal clientele, though one never knows when a bad person might slip in.

Last edited:
The most recent news update (not much new). The article states she lives with her Mom and sometimes her Dad. At 39 and employed that seems unusual IMO. She could be new to the area, newly single or helping with older parents. If that's the case, she might have just needed a break but would have called her Mom. The article also states she's on daily medications. Failure to take them, depending on her presciption, could impact behavior. I hope we have more info, and hopefully good news, soon.https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/something-is-wrong-family-begs-for-clues-after-st-charles-woman-goes-missing/63-f8f5683f-55b5-49eb-a8d2-cc7d73e12c41

Here's the route from the restaurant where she was last seen to the apartment complex where her car was found.

Her family mentions they were searching for her in nearby Creve Coeur Park. That's a fair distance from her car, especially to walk at night.

I get a hunch for a carjacking or something similar.

Here's the route from the restaurant where she was last seen to the apartment complex where her car was found.

Her family mentions they were searching for her in nearby Creve Coeur Park. That's a fair distance from her car, especially to walk at night.

I get a hunch for a carjacking or something similar.
I'm not good with maps, but this article also indicates that her license plate was captured the evening after she went missing in Overland, due east of where her car was found.

'Something is wrong' | Family begs for clues after St. Charles woman goes missing

St. Charles woman found dead a week after she went missing

Sources close to the case told 5 On Your Side's Christine Byers that 39-year-old Jacquelyn "Jacque" Elizabeth Mitchell was found dead. Mitchell's sisters confirmed to 5 On Your Side that she was found dead.
The source said investigators believe foul play was obvious and a suspect is in custody.

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. (KMOV) – A missing woman was found dead in a Maryland Heights apartment.

In a press conference Tuesday afternoon, Maryland Heights police announced that Jacquelyn “Jacque” Elizabeth Mitchell was found dead in a Maryland Apartment Monday night. Police believe she had been dead for six days before her body was found.

Mitchell was last seen around 11 p.m. on March 14 at Maggie O’Briens Sunset Hills on South Lindbergh. She did not make it home that night, and she was reported missing to the St. Charles City Police Department on Thursday.

On Sunday, her car was found in Maryland Heights. At that time, the Maryland Heights Police Department started to assist with the investigation.

Detectives tried to trace Mitchell’s path from the restaurant that night. This included a neighborhood canvass, using a drone, several interviews, looking at cell phone data and social media records. There was a significant break in the case when detectives obtained surveillance video of a man driving Mitchell’s car, according to police.

Maryland Heights police said they were able to identify the man in the surveillance video.

They then executed a search warrant at an apartment in Maryland Heights. Once police were inside the apartment, they located Mitchell’s body.

A man was taken into custody. His name has not been released. Authorities said Mitchell and the suspect knew one another, and that she went to his apartment after leaving the restaurant.

Mitchell’s cause of death has not been released.

This story will be updated as further details are made available.

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. – Exactly one week after she was last seen alive, a missing St. Charles woman has been found dead, police confirmed Tuesday. One person has been taken into custody and is expected to be charged in her death.

Chief Bill Carson, Maryland Heights Police Department, said the body of Jacquelyn “Jacque” Elizabeth Mitchell was found inside an apartment in the 2200 block of Palestra Drive. She was 39.

The suspect, a 49-year-old man, lives at the apartment on Palestra. He was arrested Monday evening. Carson said the St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is going to charge the man with second-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence, and abandonment of a corpse.

Chief Carson said Mitchell and the suspect were acquaintances.

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. (KMOV) – A missing woman was found dead in a Maryland Heights apartment.

In a press conference Tuesday afternoon, Maryland Heights police announced that Jacquelyn “Jacque” Elizabeth Mitchell was found dead in a Maryland Apartment Monday night. Police believe she had been dead for six days before her body was found.

Mitchell was last seen around 11 p.m. on March 14 at Maggie O’Briens Sunset Hills on South Lindbergh. She did not make it home that night, and she was reported missing to the St. Charles City Police Department on Thursday.

On Sunday, her car was found in Maryland Heights. At that time, the Maryland Heights Police Department started to assist with the investigation.

Detectives tried to trace Mitchell’s path from the restaurant that night. This included a neighborhood canvass, using a drone, several interviews, looking at cell phone data and social media records. There was a significant break in the case when detectives obtained surveillance video of a man driving Mitchell’s car, according to police.

Maryland Heights police said they were able to identify the man in the surveillance video.

They then executed a search warrant at an apartment in Maryland Heights. Once police were inside the apartment, they located Mitchell’s body.

A man was taken into custody. His name has not been released. Authorities said Mitchell and the suspect knew one another, and that she went to his apartment after leaving the restaurant.

Mitchell’s cause of death has not been released.

This story will be updated as further details are made available.

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. – Exactly one week after she was last seen alive, a missing St. Charles woman has been found dead, police confirmed Tuesday. One person has been taken into custody and is expected to be charged in her death.

Chief Bill Carson, Maryland Heights Police Department, said the body of Jacquelyn “Jacque” Elizabeth Mitchell was found inside an apartment in the 2200 block of Palestra Drive. She was 39.

The suspect, a 49-year-old man, lives at the apartment on Palestra. He was arrested Monday evening. Carson said the St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is going to charge the man with second-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence, and abandonment of a corpse.

Chief Carson said Mitchell and the suspect were acquaintances.

Oh, how tragic. I was afraid this would be the result. Sadly, there's so much crime in St. Louis these days. It's very concerning that this kind of criminal activity has moved so far out into the suburbs, too. I'm guessing this was a carjacking or something similar. It would explain the video of the killers driving her car around. Stealing cars and joyriding.

How was she in an empty apartment for 6 days?

ETA: It looks like she knew her killer. She met him at his apartment after leaving the restaurant. He killed her, drove her car around and left her body in his apartment for 6 days? That's terrifying.

Last edited:
Oh, how tragic. I was afraid this would be the result. Sadly, there's so much crime in St. Louis these days. It's very concerning that this kind of criminal activity has moved so far out into the suburbs, too. I'm guessing this was a carjacking or something similar. It would explain the video of the killers driving her car around. Stealing cars and joyriding.

How was she in an empty apartment for 6 days? Did these people know the apartment was vacant and left her there? I'm not an expert, but this sounds like gang activity.
They say it's acquaintance probably a boyfriend imo.

Gee I live in Maryland Heights. I hope I don’t know this guy! My heart goes out to all who loved her.

That's still a nice area, isn't it? I've visited friends and family out in west county quite a few times in recent years. Creve Coeur Park is still a beautiful place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back