MI - Julia Dawson, 23, Sparta, 11 December 2004

You would think that after two years LE either has the goods on the husband or they don't. There was either evidence or there wasn't. I remember this case and thinking that it was just a matter of time before the husband would be arrested. Never dreamed two years later he would still be out there living his life like nothing happened. I feel so bad for Julia's family.

Bumping again for Julia. I did not know her, but this case haunts me for some reason. I wish justice could be served. Hard to believe that it has been two years and no arrest. :(

Bumping again. Cannot get this woman off of my mind.

May she be resting in peace....

angarella said:
Bumping again. Cannot get this woman off of my mind.

May she be resting in peace....

And may her husband have nightmares every night of the rest of his life.

Why has nothing ever happened in this case? Why...... :behindbar This is one that I have never been able to forget. In reading the Amanda Jones thread today, it reminded me of Julia. May she rest in peace and may justice be served...

Just bumping again. Tried to Google and found no news. Has anyone heard anything? I fear that no justice will ever be served in this case. :(

Just bumping again. Tried to Google and found no news. Has anyone heard anything? I fear that no justice will ever be served in this case. :(

Angarella: I go online and read Julia's hometown newspaper every single day, and I've seen nothing. If I ever do, I'll be sure to post it.

Hoppy

Angarella: I go online and read Julia's hometown newspaper every single day, and I've seen nothing. If I ever do, I'll be sure to post it.

Hoppy

Thanks so much Hoppy! I have just never been able to let this one go. And Julia needs Justice!

I live in the Sparta area and have heard nothing...I think it was poor police work to begin with, just like most of these type of cases. We have other crimes in west Michigan (Grand Rapids) like this one which have not been solved.
Crimes Against Women........
Jim

I cannot believe that it has been almost three years and still no Justice for Julia. :(

I was watching WZZM Channel 13 news from Grand Rapids Mi Saturday morning 1/26/08 and they said that Tim Dawson has been arrested in Texas and not much more than that has been released....we'll have to wait and see..............

Did you see FNN with Shepard Smith and Drew Peterson, Shep asked him about the blue barrel and Drew walked away.

I think ole Drew is starting to sweat. Too bad the radio station cancelled the dating game, that was his last chance at a women before he get Big Bubba in prison. I just really wish someone would get those kids out of that house and away from him. It would be tragic if he decided to end it and take them with him.

Tim Dawson, Julia's husband has been arrested after all this time for her murder. He is currently in a Kerr County Jail awaitin extradition
Perhaps now Justice will be served and Julia can be laid to rest at last.
Keep you fingers crossed

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1201418167215020.xml&coll=6

(May need to enter your zip code to access article.)

27 Jan 08

To his Texas neighbors, Timothy Dawson seemed like a nice enough guy, an indulgent father who spent a lot of time playing in the yard with his two young sons.

To Michigan authorities, he is a murder suspect with a history of domestic violence.

Dawson, 31, was arrested Friday evening at the Kerrville, Texas, mobile home he shared with his third wife and two sons, charged with murdering his second wife, Julia Dawson, of Sparta, three years ago.

Dawson is being held in the Kerr County jail 60 miles west of San Antonio and will face an extradition hearing Monday on first-degree murder charges in Michigan, Kerr County Sheriff Rusty Hierholzer said. Dawson did not resist when deputies arrived with the Michigan warrant, Hierholzer said, adding that his office has been cooperating with the Michigan investigation for about a year.

Julia Dawson's father, Kevin Keenan, of Ada, said his family was notified of Timothy Dawson's arrest Friday evening.

"Things are finally happening," he said. "It's been three years. It's been tough. It doesn't make anything right. It's going to help a little bit, but it never goes away."

much more at link

That is wonderful news. I'll bet the husband thought he got away with murder. Surprise! I wonder why it took 3 years to arrest him? Fool was even married again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back