Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

An excerpt from the DDP's announcement on Carl Isaacs Jr. AKA John Clinton Doe, for those worried that police are "holding out" in this case:

“Usually, we are able to use the DNA of living relatives to confirm the identities of our Does, but in this case there was no one close enough to meet the standards set by the medical examiner,” said DNA Doe Project co-founded Margaret Press. “It’s a testament to the commitment of the Rock County team to definitively solve this case that they took the extraordinary step of exhuming Mr. Isaacs’ father in order to confirm the identification.”

Officers involved with this case are almost definitely doing *everything* they can to help name this woman again, be it exploring leads on her killer or just trying to confirm the ID. Saying that the police are just holding onto the name because "They don't want to" makes absolutely no sense. For those that may believe this is a case of ACAB or corruption, even keep in mind that these are seasonsed, experienced investigators, not just beat cops. Give them more faith than you might be doing right now.

An excerpt from the DDP's announcement on Carl Isaacs Jr. AKA John Clinton Doe, for those worried that police are "holding out" in this case:

“Usually, we are able to use the DNA of living relatives to confirm the identities of our Does, but in this case there was no one close enough to meet the standards set by the medical examiner,” said DNA Doe Project co-founded Margaret Press. “It’s a testament to the commitment of the Rock County team to definitively solve this case that they took the extraordinary step of exhuming Mr. Isaacs’ father in order to confirm the identification.”

Officers involved with this case are almost definitely doing *everything* they can to help name this woman again, be it exploring leads on her killer or just trying to confirm the ID. Saying that the police are just holding onto the name because "They don't want to" makes absolutely no sense. For those that may believe this is a case of ACAB or corruption, even keep in mind that these are seasonsed, experienced investigators, not just beat cops. Give them more faith than you might be doing right now.
i dont think anyone thinks that for the most part. I am sure they know, and are possibly investigating her murderer.

There have been people in here here and there that have claimed it, none for a little while though
I don’t see anyone claiming LE is not releasing a name because “they don’t want to”
As I mentioned in a previous post, look at the Claremont serial killer case in Western Australia. That had very experienced seasoned and even international experts brought into help solve it, they really messed up that one as BRE dna was sitting right there for very other violent crimes yet they somehow didn’t put 2 and 2 together. As I said, they don’t always do
the smartest things, and in his case at least three young womens lives could’ve been saved.

I think this case is different from Carl Isaacs, as Detroit Jane Doe had a child, so it should be easier to confirm her identity. And in Carl’s case according to the DDP it took so long to identify him, because he did not have any close enough living relatives, so they had the law enforcement had to exhume his father.

In case of Detroit Jane Doe, there must be other reasons why her identity was not released.

Still thinking about her and wishing we could have more updates, although yes, I acknowledge it's not possible - I do hope there is legal stuff happening behind the scenes and that her killer has been caught!

Still thinking about her and wishing we could have more updates, although yes, I acknowledge it's not possible - I do hope there is legal stuff happening behind the scenes and that her killer has been caught!
Me too!!
I actually did a bit of sleuthing on an ancestry website and I think I may have worked out who she is, and the sketch was very accurate in my opinion. Apologies in advance if my post isn’t allowed, I’ve not mentioned names or anything

Seems a bit ridiculous keeping her identity from the public how many years down the track it’s been since she was identified , considering that no perp has been charged as far as I know. obviously they don’t have any solid leads, or so it appears. However by disclosing her identity it would most likely generate tips and maybe even solve the case. If this was a suicide I’d completely understand , it’s up to the family, but it’s not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back