UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems like the obvious account of what happened - that she hit him from behind. That leaves the question of why Paltrow would deny that she skied into him. Doesn't her reputation and credibility rest on honesty?
I thought it rested on candles scented like her privates and spearheading the conscious uncoupling trend? JK

accident report form doesn't indicate a concussion but does indicate the rib fractures.

plaintiff's accounts of the duration of loss of consciousness varies from telling to telling.

I’m starting to feel more sympathetic to the plaintiff today. I’ve been very skeptical up to this point. I think his testimony will be key obviously! The fact that he hasn’t been in court is certainly building anticipation!

Judge instructed the jury just now that there is no “hit and run” in this case. Witness said he was told that GP just ran off! That statement was stricken from the record.

LOL, apparently Shae Hareth described BIL Mark and her dad's relationship was one sided in that Mark only wanted to use Terry's house when he wasn't around (moocher) and so Terry dumped the friendship.

All the family dirty laundry is getting aired. Defense just brought out that Shae said this witness is essentially a user and that the friendship between him and her father was one-sided and that’s why her father didn’t see the value in continuing it.

The witness said that’s not true and the plaintiff never said that to him.

Plaintiff countered with statements from Shae also saying this witness was a big help to her father.

Shae next!!

LOL, apparently Shae Hareth described BIL Mark and her dad's relationship was one sided in that Mark only wanted to use Terry's house when he wasn't around (moocher) and so Terry dumped the friendship.
I do find it interesting that Mark didn’t offer to come help Terry after he called him the day of the collision saying he wasn’t sure how he would get home. Apparently Mark needed a specific ask for a ride, which never came. He seemed nonplussed and moved on for someone who spent so much time with Terry. I mean, if you were staying at my house over 50 times for a 4-5 day period each time, I sure as heck expect you to offer me a ride in that moment!

I do find it interesting that Mark didn’t offer to come help Terry after he called him the day of the collision saying he wasn’t sure how he would get home. Apparently Mark needed a specific ask for a ride, which never came. He seemed nonplussed and moved on for someone who spent so much time with Terry. I mean, if you were staying at my house over 50 times for a 4-5 day period each time, I sure as heck expect you to offer me a ride in that moment!
right? Who stays at someone's house 50 times for four to five days at a stretch? at that point, aren't you pretty much living there?

That seems like the obvious account of what happened - that she hit him from behind. That leaves the question of why Paltrow would deny that she skied into him. Doesn't her reputation and credibility rest on honesty?
does anyone know how old GP's children were at the time? I am thinking that if you are skiing with children you are reluctant to let them out of your sight and looking to move on toward where they are...even if you are supposed to stay at the site of a collision IMO

Oh boy! Shae crying because her former boss (from her 1st job after college) who made her laugh every day passed away recently. This is the 3rd question! Judge offered her tissue and she took it and asked if the judge needs one as well. A little jokey joke!

I’m trying to give her some grace bc she’s nervous but I’m also rolling my eyes. This is going to be a test - listening to her!

Edited to add: She worked in his office since 6th grade. One day she was walking in the hallway and her dad stopped her and told her it’s important to walk with purpose and act like you know where you’re going and what you’re doing. She says this is a good lesson for life. Her dad was a man of character.

Last edited:
does anyone know how old GP's children were at the time? I am thinking that if you are skiing with children you are reluctant to let them out of your sight and looking to move on toward where they are...even if you are supposed to stay at the site of a collision IMO
think they would have been 10 and 12 in 2016 so... fairly young

Shae is the eldest, Polly is the middle and Jenny is the baby of the family. Was not in the household for much of when Jenny was growing up. Polly and Shae were roommates together in college.

Shae idolized her dad growing up. Everyone seemed to love him. Zest for life. Immersed himself in learning. a very engaged dad. showed up for events. big talker, gregarious.

Things changed later on after I grew up. Parents marriage was really good, drifted apart later in the marriage. as a family we good feel that things weren't good between parents. Dad was very strict. small town dad. Very demanding. Set high expectations. Kept us incredibly busy with singing voice acting and dance lessons. Mom had to be our taxi driver and work a full time job.

Worked for dad in the sixth grade cleaning his office. Then he started teaching her business, helped the staff.

He ran his office like a tight ship very organized. I learned a lot about character from him.

She is asked to describe his physical prowess growing up. Defense is wondering how far back we are gonna go? ten years, twenty years? Thirty?

Dad never had trouble driving a car, he was a multitasker and in total control. He would indeed read a book while driving down the highway. He never had an accident but she gets carsick to this day.

She recently found an email, dad is very private and not a complainer, doesn't share when things are going bad, doesn't like complainers didn't want to be one. had very little knowledge about dad's life once I was an adult. came across a letter recently from my dad - begins to cry - we are moving away from whatever that was.

Found out about collision by email w subject line I'm famous contained a link to "meetup" group that dad alleged was a witness description of the collision but she doesn't recall if she looked at the link.

now describes her own ski accident and having young children so her memory of that time period is very foggy.

putting up the email exhibit 102 already introduced

Shae asks that email addresses be redacted from the exhibits (more specifically probably her own)

We just learned the plaintiff has erectile dysfunction on top of everything else. Defense’s “handpicked” expert thinks the ED is part of the host of problems causing plaintiff’s current symptoms. That just seems like a low blow on defense’s part…intended to humiliate the plaintiff. Nevertheless it might explain the bad attitude!
the guy is just going thru typical stuff that happens as we age. I think he regarded himself as a "player' with multiple wives, girlfriends and a jet set type of life. That accident is not his problem his advanced age and health issues (not related to accident) are the problem.

Can't say for sure if or when she accessed the link. It was a meetup group and she had no way to logon and look at what was shared with the link.

"I also can't believe this is all on go pro, what are the chances?? I am so glad you are feeling better this evening."

being asked to explain how go pro footage has anything to do with the email discussion? She says it didn't that things are all twisty and that reference was not about the link.

good lord she just claimed that her dad posted about the toboggan and girl caring for him because he was so relieved to have someone FINALLY taking care of him after he had been left ALONE and IGNORED on the mountain FOR SO LONG.

OBJECTION motion to strike - granted jury will disregard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members