Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanner sighting possibly Totman ?, it must be said OG never identified the individual to the public.
Wasn’t that the key revelation of the OG Crimewatch episode?

IMO, the Tannerman sighting makes more sense than Smithman in terms of timing i.e. straight after GM’s check.

On Smithman, I have always felt that AS was the best witness - pregnant and entirely sober. She also describes someone wearing a dark blazer/jacket, something CB was renowned for wearing at the time and somewhat unusual in an Algarve resort. Compare her statement with the Malaga video of CB and I think it could match.

Wasn’t that the key revelation of the OG Crimewatch episode?

IMO, the Tannerman sighting makes more sense than Smithman in terms of timing i.e. straight after GM’s check.

On Smithman, I have always felt that AS was the best witness - pregnant and entirely sober. She also describes someone wearing a dark blazer/jacket, something CB was renowned for wearing at the time and somewhat unusual in an Algarve resort. Compare her statement with the Malaga video of CB and I think it could match.
The revelation never mentioned who OG thought it was.

Ref Smith sighting:

‘IT’S NOT HIM’

Madeleine McCann star witness DOESN’T recognise Christian B as mystery man carrying toddler on night she vanished

What the last few post's have shown is the problems faced by the BKA, if they go down the route of abduction from 5a, Totman isn't CB, Martin Smith doesn't recognise CB as the person he saw carrying a child, so when was he supposed to have spirited Madeleine out of 5a and how ?

If they can prove any connection at all between MM and CB to the satisfaction of a German court he's going to be as notorious as Bruno Hauptmann, and equally doomed. They won't have to prove exactly what happened and how. But they've been investigating him for six years now haven't they? With all the technology available now that wasn't available in 1932. I can't see it happening. But if he's guilty of the other crimes then the Germans can say the investigation time has certainly not been wasted.

Does anyone speak Portuguese?

I came across this document that might be about this list of people (incl SKT & LCT) being interviewed. The date is 8.2.23 which would mean SKT is alive.

Attachments

• 2F07985D-7BD3-420C-920E-83D3269D5429.png
    2F07985D-7BD3-420C-920E-83D3269D5429.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 35
Does anyone speak Portuguese?

I came across this document that might be about this list of people (incl SKT & LCT) being interviewed. The date is 8.2.23 which would mean SKT is alive.
I'm portuguese. But this is related with the recruitment process for 2 temporary employees - operational assistant. They list the ranking in terms of final values obtained for different parameters (interview, practical test, etc). LCT is the 3rd, SKT the 4th, so both not selected. I'm not aware of what clue LCT/SKT may bring to the case.

Last edited:
CB is in jail on drug related charges, he's also serving time for rape, this crime was alleged to have been captured on tape and seen by at least two individuals who it seems either lost or destroyed said tape. He's also indicted on three other rapes also it seems captured on tape which no longer exist's, he is also indicted on two accounts of indecency, placing his penis in the hands of at least one of the children, can this really be a master criminal who can pull off the possibly most famously known but as yet unexplained disappearance and murder of a child in Portugal in 2007, seriously ?
I agree on errant/lucky profile.
But as the DM rape, potential MM abduction/murder may have also be eventually recorded somehow but destroyed later as any other evidence.
Brückner received a letter from police in Braunschweig on 4 November 2013 inviting him to be interviewed as a witness in the “missing person case Madeleine McCann”. Mistake raises questions over whether Christian Brückner had time to dispose of evidence.
Any of the other offenses where he ridiculously exposed may not be known even today if he did not talk too much with his "friends".
PJ and the other police forces, what an errant investigation too...

The revelation never mentioned who OG thought it was.

Ref Smith sighting:

‘IT’S NOT HIM’

Madeleine McCann star witness DOESN’T recognise Christian B as mystery man carrying toddler on night she vanished

Time factor and an e-fit...what their real weight here...

He helped compiled an e-fit of the man in 2008 but the image was not made public until 2013.
But when asked if Christian B fitted the man he saw, Martin told the Sunday World: “I cannot add to the statement I gave police six years ago. This all happened 13 years ago.
“I have seen the pictures and coverage this week (of Christian B) but everything I could say I said in my statement to police. I don’t recognise this man.”

Last edited:
On Smithman, I have always felt that AS was the best witness - pregnant and entirely sober. She also describes someone wearing a dark blazer/jacket

No, she does not.

— (1) the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top.
— His trousers were smooth "rights" along the legs, beige in colour, cotton fabric, thicker than linen, possibly with buttons, and without any other decoration.
She did not see what he was wearing above his trousers as the child covered him almost completely at the top.

Bolded by me.

I'm portuguese. But this is related with the recruitment process for 2 temporary employees - operational assistant. They list the ranking in terms of final values obtained for different parameters (interview, practical test, etc). SKT is the 4th so not selected. I'm not aware of what clue SKT may bring to the case.

There were press reports years ago ( who knows about accuracy ? ) that the T’s had gone to Bulgaria shortly after May 2007 .

Perhaps these people at least might have useful info or contacts..maybe have been re-interviewed by police ?
LCT is reported to have been willing to talk to police while insisting she was not the “ woman in purple “.

I'm portuguese. But this is related with the recruitment process for 2 temporary employees - operational assistant. They list the ranking in terms of final values obtained for different parameters (interview, practical test, etc). SKT is the 4th so not selected. I'm not aware of what clue SKT may bring to the case.
Thanks Onemoremetogo.

Can you tell which organisation interviewed them or what the job was?

I’ve not seen anything official but SKT was said to have a conviction for minor sa. He was also rumoured to be dead. The wife, if it was her, observing 5A in the relevant timeframe is potentially important.

Thanks Onemoremetogo.

Can you tell which organisation interviewed them or what the job was?

I’ve not seen anything official but SKT was said to have a conviction for minor sa. He was also rumoured to be dead. The wife, if it was her, observing 5A in the relevant timeframe is potentially important.
The job descritpion is for operational assistant – temporary contract in civil parish of Luz (municipality of Lagos). I'm seeing no other relevant specific info.

Yes, now I recall the "woman in purple". I thought that had been already buried or dismissed meanwhile but it seems that a criminiologist has worked a lot on that clue.

Last edited:

There were press reports years ago ( who knows about accuracy ? ) that the T’s had gone to Bulgaria shortly after May 2007 .

Perhaps these people at least might have useful info or contacts..maybe have been re-interviewed by police ?
LCT is reported to have been willing to talk to police while insisting she was not the “ woman in purple “.
That news article was dated 5/5/2017 on the 24th of that month we have this.

Waitress DENIES she is the 'woman in purple' being hunted by Madeleine McCann investigators​

The article mentions her husband going to Bulgaria.

Mrs Todorov, 48, worked there with her husband, Stefan, who has since returned to his homeland of Bulgaria.

No, she does not.

Bolded by me.

Regarding this issue , raised earlier by @Denis R Tandib , found the following info…

The above article contains …

“The man carrying the girl was middle-aged and more formally dressed than the average tourist, in beige trousers and a dark blazer-like top.”

And in statement of Peter Smith ..

“Adds further that his son TA*** was questioned in Ireland and said that the individual was dressed in a long-sleeved coat/jacket, black in colour, and that the child was barefoot.”

Also in additional statement from MS himself , near very end of link below ...

“The description of the individual that I saw on 3rd May 2007 carrying a child is as follows. He was average build, 5 foot 10' in height, brown hair cut short, aged 40 years approximately. Wearing beige trousers and darkish top maybe a jacket or blazer. He had a full head of hair with a tight cut. “

Last edited:
Regarding this issue , raised earlier by @Denis R Tandib , found the following info…

“The man carrying the girl was middle-aged and more formally dressed than the average tourist, in beige trousers and a dark blazer-like top.”

“Adds further that his son TA*** was questioned in Ireland and said that the individual was dressed in a long-sleeved coat/jacket, black in colour, and that the child was barefoot.”

Also in additional statement from MS himself , at end of link below ...

“The description of the individual that I saw on 3rd May 2007 carrying a child is as follows. He was average build, 5 foot 10' in height, brown hair cut short, aged 40 years approximately. Wearing beige trousers and darkish top maybe a jacket or blazer. He had a full head of hair with a tight cut. “

I never said nobody stated the man wore dark top. I just cleared out the claim AS described Smithman as wearing such outfit. She did not.

By the way, AS, at the time of the sighting was twelve and certainly was not pregnant. The pregnant lady in the S family group was SS, PDS's wife.

I never said nobody stated the man wore dark top. I just cleared out the claim AS described Smithman as wearing such outfit. She did not.

By the way, AS, at the time of the sighting was tvelve and certainly was not pregnant. The pregnant lady in the S family group was SS, PDS's wife.
Yes ..understand that indeed , it doesn’t appear to have come from AS .

The description of the Smith family members regarding the individuals hair , seem to particularly match that shown in images of CB from around the time in question .

I can’t seem to find a statement for the pregnant lady S*** , anyone know if there was one ..?

Last edited:
The description of the Smith family members regarding the individuals hair , seem to particularly match that shown in images of CB from around the time in question .

MS called the man's hairdo a basic male cut. AS described it as being short in the back, longer at the top. PDS said only "short hair". All of this is so vague it matches half of the male population in whole Europe.

MS called the man's hairdo a basic male cut. AS described it as being short in the back, longer at the top. PDS said only "short hair". All of this is so vague it matches half of the male population in whole Europe.
In MS later statement he says …

“He had a full head of hair with a tight cut.”

And from AS , as you have also quoted , “short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top”…. which matches images of CB .

And you’re quite right again with , “it matches half of the male population in whole Europe” ..it could also match CB .

Last edited:

Also in additional statement from MS himself , near very end of link below ...

Apologies for the mistake with AS, it’s been a while since I read the statements.

Cumulatively, the above points could fit CB IMO.

I agree but it’s the points around formal, jacket and blazer that make the sighting consistent with CB. The hair is also consistent, given the Malaga footage, but not as noteworthy as the jacket.

I do think that a suit jacket is an unusual item of clothing to be worn at 10:00pm on a Thursday night in a tourist town in the Algarve. This doesn’t mean Smithman was CB but it certainly increases the chances it could’ve been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288