UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why TS hasn’t been in the court room?
Oh he showed up yesterday and made sure he was on camera in the same episode of live feed that GP featured in. This was his chance to 'be in a film with co-star GP'.

Not that I understand WHY he was allowed to watch the defendant testify before he testified himself. Nor do I understand why he wasn't testifying yesterday, seeing as he was there, when apparently they are going to try to fit him in next week.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why TS hasn’t been in the court room?
His attorneys told the jury a few days ago that they were not going to have him in there while sone of the family and friends and doctors testified. It seemed to me they were saying this was because they would be talking about how he changed and things he’s lost and that it would be hard for him to hear and hard for them to say in front of him (I think that applied to the daughters). I’m not sure if that was said by the attorney or just alluded to as I’ve only been able to watch in bits and pieces.

I wasn’t able to see all of CR’s testimony and honestly the way these lawyers both ask their questions and object to the other side’s questions I found it a little hard to follow his sequence of events and I’ll try to find time to review his testimony over the weekend. But after hearing GP testify today of how TS grunted as he approached her and mumbled that he was ok afterward and stood up when the ski instructor helped him up and then remembering some of what I did hear that CR said about his condition as they waited for him to be taken down the mountain, I am beginning to wonder if TS might have had a TIA prior to the crash that might have interfered with his speech and perhaps control of his movements and caused the confusion/fogginess etc. It is my understanding that TIAs can last just moments and not be detected on imaging after teh fact and that symptoms from concussion often don’t present for hours. I’m not saying he didn’t get a concussion from the impact with the ground but that perhaps the initial issues were from a TIA rather than from the concussion.

PS I don’t know what to make of CR’s statement that he saw GP hit TS from behind but I did find GP’s testimony about being hit from behind believable.

Sexual assault?

On the mountain covered with snow, with clothes on in a ski outfit with helmet ski’s and ski poles and her first thought was sexual assault.

I doubt he knew who she was.

Jmo

I have a hard time believing anything she says after that.

It’s amazing the difference in views on GP’s testimony. I find her very credible and believe her version. I do think the results may be a 1 dollar for TS and GP with each paying their own atty fees. But TS still has to testify… which will be interesting. (Or will he?) If he does have such a severe TBI, will that be evident during his testimony? Will he have outbursts that his atty will say are related to the TBI? Or will he just show his own cantankerous self. MOO

She is coming to testify in support of her father but she is on a 5:30 pm flight out of town? Wasn't that cutting it kind of close?
I don't think they are close at all...sees him sometimes at holidays and yes could not get out of town fast enough. Her kids are not that young these days...sorry but she really rubbed me the wrong way.

His attorneys told the jury a few days ago that they were not going to have him in there while sone of the family and friends and doctors testified. It seemed to me they were saying this was because they would be talking about how he changed and things he’s lost and that it would be hard for him to hear and hard for them to say in front of him (I think that applied to the daughters). I’m not sure if that was said by the attorney or just alluded to as I’ve only been able to watch in bits and pieces.
one of the experts testified that they recommended he not be in there to hear about all of his issues before and after. I think the jury will take good note that he sure was able to get in there for GP's testimony..I mean he is "famous" right? Not even $1 for TS.

If I were on the jury I would need more than someone accidentally running into someone on the ski slope. To find someone liable for another skier’s injuries, I would need proof that the person was doing something so negligent or reckless to cause a collision resulting in injuries. Is skiing under the influence a thing? We don’t even know who actually ran into whom here.
My parents live at a ski resort. Their friend was mowed down by a kid and sustained a knee injury. Their knee hasn’t been the same since. Did they sue the kid? Of course not—it was an accident. I don’t like this because it appears opportunistic and greedy.

What is the latest on the ”link” that was discovered? Is it the Go-Pro?

iirc, picture of the ski resort employee who brought TS down the slope.

A rather pretty, fresh-faced young lady, imho.

Included iirc in the email with subject line : I'm Famous

jmho, TS is seeking his 15 minutes of fame.

Wonder if we will hear from the maligned imho Jenny?

If I were on the jury I would need more than someone accidentally running into someone on the ski slope. To find someone liable for another skier’s injuries, I would need proof that the person was doing something so negligent or reckless to cause a collision resulting in injuries. Is skiing under the influence a thing? We don’t even know who actually ran into whom here.
My parents live at a ski resort. Their friend was mowed down by a kid and sustained a knee injury. Their knee hasn’t been the same since. Did they sue the kid? Of course not—it was an accident. I don’t like this because it appears opportunistic and greedy.
the case will not get into it but I have a hunch that TS has a history of "going after people" in his life especially as his health issues started impeding his abilities including his profession etc. TS may fancy himself a social hip guy but I think the reality is quite different. I want to hear from Jenny preferably they can convince her to come in person but if not the depo will be fine. I think we will learn much more about TS next week including right from his mouth.

I think the "I'm famous" indicating his state of mind in the immediate hours after he learned it was GP would seal the deal for me as a juror. No one can dispute this....

i think we will hear about it in defense case if in fact they are permitted to bring it in. Clearly the plaintiff knows what is in that link and did not want it opened. I don't think it is a go pro but not sure exactly what it is.

Well. I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to who's who in celeb land. I have no knowledge or opinion as to GP's character because I've never bothered to read anything about her or to find out. Upon looking up her film list I reckon I probably saw the 'Emma' film she was in, but nothing other than that. I've heard mention of the whole candle and 'gloop/goop' thing - whatever it's called, and without knowing more I suppose I've vaguely assumed she's either a real oddball or is shrewdly making lots of money out of people who blindly follow anything that a famous person gets into.

So when I saw her testify yesterday I was 100% impartial - save that I'd already formed the impression that the plaintiff is utterly trying it on. As a UK resident I found her a very good witness. Clear, direct, likeable, relatable, and sounding credible. Her 'affect' was not unlike, say, a middle ranking civil service manager. Sure, she admitted to having the ability to spend large amounts of money and have people around to assist and/or represent her. It would have been foolish and unattractive to be shy or coy about that. It's just fact.

From her demeanour when she looked at the jurors I felt that they liked her too. Which was world's apart from the plaintiff's 'try-hard' daughters, about whom the less said the better.
Sorry for the essay. Just wanted to set out the impression made on me; a fairly independent viewer (save that I do admit to having a dislike of exaggerated injury claims, whatever the liability situation may be).

I worked in Medical Risk Management and for a personal injury attorney for many many years- just retiring 3 years ago: I have seen many many exaggerated and frivolous cases and like you, I have a great dislike for exaggerated injury claims-- The attorney I worked for took some of those and when he did I told him what I thought--- One thing the attorney I worked for said, when he tried a case: keep it simple--- the plaintiff is this case is not only not keeping it simple, he is complicating what should be a very straightforward personal injury claim. If I was on the jury I would be exasperated with the all the daughters being dragged out there to try and bolster their father's injuries. If the injuries are serious they speak for themselves, no need to drag every member of the family to try and prove it. As far as GP I think she is a kook, albeit a talented actress. I think when they figured the defendant would be celebrity they saw $$$$$$$$.

This old guy is really having some fun with this. I am trying to figure the extent of this "brain injury" that would have him doing all of this within minutes/hours after the impact. He is major league offended that GP did not personally help him up and cater to him. She saw to it that the info was exchanged and I think felt it was 100% his fault with probably still some lingering doubts as to whether he is just some kook guy looking for a photo op or what. Crain Ramon was a poor witness.

I have skied for over 40 years (geeze..., I used leather boots in my first ski lessons in 1968, but buckles had just come in, ha!), and I can see that GP's version of the accident could occur on a bunny/training slope for beginners if everybody is going slow and nobody's looking out. It happened to me as a kid, and other kids with me. If Optomy was going fast, the lithe GP would have been really popped and we'd be hearing more about pain and suffering. Instead, they just went from slow near one another, to very slow and entangled, before they fell over together (SPOONING...ha!...Optomy's greatest female experience, I'd bet). Too bad Optomy had his pole under his right side and his ribs broke when he fell on it. Hey, that's skiing and too bad. Boo friggin' hoo. Everybody used to know - you ski at your own risk. And, if you're in your 70's, you should know you're more at risk. And, he was never unconscious, imho. Yeah, his life changed: he became angrier, travelled less, and couldn't get it up for sure, as he was paying all those lawyer fees from his 401k to keep this case going for 7 years.

I only know of GP from her crazy mag and vag theories you read about, but I never saw her in a TV show or movie. Doesn't matter to me. I saw her testimony. She speaks clearly, understands skiing, stays on topic, answers directly, and has patience and poise with the insanity that is all around her in that courtroom. And, she's supported by the only documentation made at the time. (btw, if she wants to spend $8k on ski school for her kids, it's her right and her business only. This is the USA gosh darn it - self-evident..., unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...). [Edit that...more than 50 years, phew. But, I'm more than decade younger than Optomy. "Big energy"....yeah...gag me with a spoon.]
+1 vote for everything you said.

<modsnip - namecalling isn't allowed> I have never seen a defendant leave the room and the jury cause he might get hurt and offended with some testimony- what a crock- can't believe the judge would allow that- ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for giving a play by play. I just cannot watch this. I just can’t. I’m so embarrassed for his family! This lawsuit and whole trial is just embarrassing. OMG. Now we all know about his erectile dysfunction. That’s great. Why is this even in court? He sued because of who he had a run in with. IMO he thought she has millions and nobody likes her anyway so…He will lose, and then he’ll just look like the litigious opportunist that he is. And he’ll still have ED. :rolleyes: Embarrassed for this guy.
You shouldn't feel embarrassed for him, because clearly he does not feel one bit embarrassed for himself. I find this trial disgusting because the plaintiff makes me puke and the shenanigans for the defense (like the defendant not sitting at the defense table cause he cannot bear to have his feelings hurt by testimony of his family or perhaps offended by those alleging he is lying about his injuries) I cannot believe a judge would not insist the defendant sit at the table during HIS TRIAL. He brought the case and all that goes with it. I hope he loses- If I were on the jury he would get a big fat ZERO ----

<modsnip>I have never seen a defendant leave the room and the jury cause he might get hurt and offended with some testimony- what a crock- can't believe the judge would allow that- ridiculous
and if you listen to Owens (can't stand him but sometimes he makes a point) he confirmed that GP has been in the courtroom for every minute of testimony and will be there next week every day too. He wanted to impress upon the jury the absence of TS without mentioning direct. The cross of TS will be priceless. I think female attorney questioning GP was a total fail...spent most of her time trying to be Bff with Paltrow. I think GP handled her well. GP's story is simple and she repeated it frequently. He ran into me from behind and we went down...she ended up on top of him and he took the hit on the ground. Of course I would like to hear TS's story but I wonder how articulate he will be on stand...if he is too good clearly not much residual brain issues...or will he feign not remembering anything including his "famous" text?

Last edited by a moderator:
and if you listen to Owens (can't stand him but sometimes he makes a point) he confirmed that GP has been in the courtroom for every minute of testimony and will be there next week every day too. He wanted to impress upon the jury the absence of TS without mentioning direct. The cross of TS will be priceless. I think female attorney questioning GP was a total fail...spent most of her time trying to be Bff with Paltrow. I think GP handled her well. GP's story is simple and she repeated it frequently. He ran into me from behind and we went down...she ended up on top of him and he took the hit on the ground. Of course I would like to hear TS's story but I wonder how articulate he will be on stand...if he is too good clearly not much residual brain issues...or will he feign not remembering anything including his "famous" text?
I may have to watch TS testimony ( if I can stand it LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa