TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA here also said that he inherited two cars after his father's passing but while it seems like some people are pretty confident about that, there is not as much confidence in claims that he still owned these cars in December.
At the time he would be still married to ST, new fiancees still also not in the picure yet - not really a good reason for him to keep more cars. He could just sell that car right away or give it to a family member.
Those who were looking for any "missing" cars haven't found any track of a car that would belong to him before December '74 and mysteriously "disappear" after. So they went into theoretical assumption that he inherited even more cars, and Olds wasn't any of those two, since he got it earlier...
As far as I remember it led them nowhere, and no one was able to say what car they're looking for. And pretty sure that FW Cat was the one expressing confidence that none of those cars lifted in 2018 could possibly have anything to do with the girls, cause there is no missing car.

Nobody's going to find a proof that some car that wasn't legally connected to TT disappeared in December if everyone who could remember that car lost track of it years earlier.
But I'd think that IF TT indeed owned another car and was using it on daily basis to get to and back from work... wouldn't his neighbours pointed it out sooner or later?
Some of FW_Cat's posts may have been deleted, but she sounded certain that TT was the perp and that he had put them in the trunk of a car and sunk it in Benbrook Lake. She had a very detailed post about it.
She backtracked later and said that she was only speculating on one possibility, but that's not the way she presented it initially. Her earlier posts made it seem like she knew for certain that that's what had happened to the girls.
She initially insisted that one of TT's car had disappeared, but after that was debunked, she changed her scenario and said that he could have used a car that had been abandoned at the transmission shop.

Some of FW_Cat's posts may have been deleted, but she sounded certain that TT was the perp and that he had put them in the trunk of a car and sunk it in Benbrook Lake. She had a very detailed post about it.
She backtracked later and said that she was only speculating on one possibility, but that's not the way she presented it initially. Her earlier posts made it seem like she knew for certain that that's what had happened to the girls.
She initially insisted that one of TT's car had disappeared, but after that was debunked, she changed her scenario and said that he could have used a car that had been abandoned at the transmission shop.
I think her intention (at least partly) was to misdirect a certain individual, in a way that wouldn't actually obstruct the case. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Does LE actually need ideas of where to look for bodies, or do they have location(s) in mind, but lack funding to conduct searches? Can anyone on here answer that, without compromising the investigation?

I've always liked the possibility of using a tow truck to pull a junk car to the dumpsite and afterwards this person would have a ride back and wouldn't have to rely on someone else. It would turn a two man job into a one man job.

I've always liked the possibility of using a tow truck to pull a junk car to the dumpsite and afterwards this person would have a ride back and wouldn't have to rely on someone else. It would turn a two man job into a one man job.
That only works if the car gets buried instantly. Otherwise, there'd be a smell...

Yes she had TT walking from Benbrook lake to the Bowling Alley in her theory. FW_Cat lived a couple houses down from the Arnolds when she was growing up. IMO her and DA were Besties. You will never hear FW_Cat say anything Bad about DA and she will always defend her in a conversation. If you watch the car pulls at Benbrook Lake you will see FW_Cat sitting on the fence next to DA talking.

Yes she had TT walking from Benbrook lake to the Bowling Alley in her theory. FW_Cat lived a couple houses down from the Arnolds when she was growing up. IMO her and DA were Besties. You will never hear FW_Cat say anything Bad about DA and she will always defend her in a conversation. If you watch the car pulls at Benbrook Lake you will see FW_Cat sitting on the fence next to DA talking.
They must've been talking about the weather...

Regarding the alleged phone call that "put things in motion": do we know for certain who the source of that call was?
The phone call is pure speculation to the best of my knowledge.

I would be of the opinion that if a phone call was made, it was by someone at the house on Minot shortly after Rachel left to pick up Renee.

Not a bad idea, assuming TT knew how to operate a tow truck.

The phone call is pure speculation to the best of my knowledge.

I would be of the opinion that if a phone call was made, it was by someone at the house on Minot shortly after Rachel left to pick up Renee.
Since the case that "TT did it" really seems to hang on this "phone call" (and the alleged "mall sighting" with CJG), I'd  really like to clear this up.

I have wondered if the DJ arriving in the early hours of the 24th story was a cover for any neighbours seeing a strange truck at and leaving minot that morning.

Do you have any info you can share on this person?

Why would he get off work at 2 am and drive 3 hrs just to arrive at Minot at 5:30 am? Why not just wait and go at a decent time of day? Most people would not do this under normal circumstances and there was nothing normal about the circumstances of that night. Rachel, Renee and Julie had gone missing, the families are sitting up by the phone, RW is sitting in the mall parking lot watching the car and this man shows up at Minot. Of course all this is according to DA. I think something was going on there at that time. I don't think DA would tell us anything here that would get LE back on her case, so I'm sure they would already be aware of it. This could be key to solving this case. Who was at the house on Minot that morning and what were they there for? I sure don't believe it's for the reason DA claimed.

If ST was to get her son on the 23rd and return him to his dad on Christmas Day, why was he at the bowling alley that night? And if she picked him up at around 12:30 pm at Minot, why was he at the bowling alley that night? And (my personal favorite), if he was at the shop with Dad that day, why was he at the bowling alley that night (after Dad left)? Because (as far as I can tell), the only part of that poor kid's day that is credible, is him at the bowling alley that night. So where was Mom (really)?

Last edited:
If ST was to get her son on the 23rd and return him to his dad on Christmas Day, why was he at the bowling alley that night? And if she picked him up at around 12:30 pm at Minot, why was he at the bowling alley that night? And (my personal favorite), if he was at the shop with Dad that day, why was he at the bowling alley that night (after Dad left)? Because (as far as I can tell), the only part of that poor kid's day that is credible, is him at the bowling alley that night. So where was Mom (really)?
I wonder whether ST has any clear memories of that day. Memory is malleable, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that he remembers things correctly, but I'd still be curious to know.

Since the case that "TT did it" really seems to hang on this "phone call" (and the alleged "mall sighting" with CJG), I'd  really like to clear this up.
Not necessarily. A poster (T.Rex or tilomagnet I think ?) suggested a number of pages back another scenario that did not involve a phone call.

It was a scenario that seems plausible, where back at the house someone innocently 'let slip' who they were at the Mall with, and the situation escalated from there.

I wonder whether ST has any clear memories of that day. Memory is malleable, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that he remembers things correctly, but I'd still be curious to know.
I believe it was stated that he has no clear memories of his own, but that he's caught his mother in some lies. Not sure how that works.

Why would he get off work at 2 am and drive 3 hrs just to arrive at Minot at 5:30 am? Why not just wait and go at a decent time of day? Most people would not do this under normal circumstances and there was nothing normal about the circumstances of that night. Rachel, Renee and Julie had gone missing, the families are sitting up by the phone, RW is sitting in the mall parking lot watching the car and this man shows up at Minot. Of course all this is according to DA. I think something was going on there at that time. I don't think DA would tell us anything here that would get LE back on her case, so I'm sure they would already be aware of it. This could be key to solving this case. Who was at the house on Minot that morning and what were they there for? I sure don't believe it's for the reason DA claimed.
I think this person would have been involved in the 'clean up' and removal of the bodies if the situation went down the way I think it did.

However, in this scenario it would also mean that there were three dead bodies in that house for a number of hours. Not a nice thought at all !!

I think this person would have been involved in the 'clean up' and removal of the bodies if the situation went down the way I think it did.

However, in this scenario it would also mean that there were three dead bodies in that house for a number of hours. Not a nice thought at all !!

I think that's most likely what this person would have been involved in too but for people that might prefer some other theory or scenario I suppose he could have been there to relay some sort of message or something. I don't know but either way I think this story that DA told has something to do with all of this.

Not alot. He apparently worked at Barbary Coast in Houston and that is about the only fact. Everything else about him turns into everything else in this case - mystery and rumour.
DA doesn't remember if she met him 72, 73, 74, which is rubbish as you would know if you knew someone years or months, and would know if you were in contact with him while in ither relationships etc.
He supposedly called and invited himself for Christmas and she forgot he was coming till he arrived. Again rubbish. How did he know to call her at Minot if they had just casually met sometime, after all she hadn't been there long herself. Visiting over Christmas is different to visiting a random weekend, and if he was due to spend Christmas with her you would think some sort of arrangement would have been made to include him.
He got off work in Houston and drove all night arriving 3 hours later. First that was some fast driving, and second why not sleep a couple hours and arrive later in the day? Also notice DA doesn't remember meeting him, forgot he was coming, but knows exactly when he got off work and when he arrived.
Supposedly he just turned around and left immediately. Unlikely! I mean the guy has worked a shift, drove through the night, and doesn't even stay for a drink or to use the toilet? Which must be the case if TT is to be believed when he says he doesn't remember SM arriving at all.

My feeling is that either SM was mentioned because there was activity, new vehicles, outside Minot that night, and this accounted for it, or SM did visit as claimed but hot tailed it out of town when he realised something bad had gone on and wanted no part of it. I assume SM was spoken to at some point by LE but that would depend on how soon DA actually mentioned him and if he were traceable/ alive by then. He doesn't seem to have been in DA's life after that morning and no one else connected to the case seems to know him.

Edited to add that SM seems to have been a legitimate well established dj, likely older than DA as he was working at Barbary Coast in 1971. I found mention of him being a kind of mentor to a female DJ karen cook back in 1971 in a few places talking about her musical background Screenshot_20230326-105810_Chrome.jpgKaren Mixon Cook - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members