SC SC - Scott family of four, ages 59-82, Pendleton, 1 Nov 2015

Is there another thread for this case or something? I can't understand why it doesn't get more comments. Is it ever gonna be solved?

I don’t think there is another thread. Finally LEs are naming the suspects. I’m just hoping they have them under surveillance. We are hoping for arrest sooner than later.

I searched for a thread on this with no luck. I remember when this occurred and I’m also confused about outing the suspects and stopping there.

Is there another thread for this case or something? I can't understand why it doesn't get more comments. Is it ever gonna be solved?

I’m glad that you found it. I was just reading back and there was a “progress” announcement before so maybe they have turned something else up?

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – Two people have been arrested in connection with a 2015 quadruple homicide in Anderson County.

Sheriff Chad McBride announced Friday that Amy and Rosmore Vilardi have been arrested for the 2015 killings of Barbara Scott, her son, Mike, his wife, Cathy, and her mother, Violet Taylor. All of them were killed on Halloween in 2015 and found dead two days later.

Amy Vilardi is Cathy Scott’s daughter and Violet Taylor’s granddaughter. Rosmore Vilardi is her husband.

The two were arrested at their home in Columbia Friday and have each been charged with four counts of murder.

Updated: Dec 16, 2023 / 08:38 AM EST

They had been killed Oct. 31.

Anderson County Sheriff Chad McBride spoke in a press conference Friday and said Amy Vilardi made the initial 911 call. She was Michael and Cathy Scott’s daughter and Taylor’s granddaughter.

Amy Vilardi reportedly told WSPA-TV in an interview following the killings that the victims were "wonderful people" and that they "just didn’t deserve this."

McBride said the four victims were "senselessly and brutally murdered" and that detectives believed it to be "one of the worst scenes they’ve ever seen. It was gruesome, gory, and a devastating scene to see."

The Vilardis are being held without bond in a court appearance on Saturday. Bond must be set by a circuit court in South Carolina, and that’s unlikely to happen until a February 20, 2024, hearing.

December 17, 2023

The sheriff described the daughter allegedly reporting the grim find and ensuing 911 call as “the foundation of the case” but was largely reticent to disclose additional details about the murders and investigation. Instead, he implored the media to attend the courtroom proceedings and suggested any information that he divulged to the press might be used against the state by the defense.

“They were senselessly and brutally murdered,” McBride went on to say during the press conference. “It was a bad scene. It was probably what some of our folks would probably say was one of the worst things they’d ever seen. It was gruesome. It was gory. And it was just a devastating scene to see.”

The Vilardis lived on the same property as the victims at the time of the killings but in a separate house on Refuge Road in Pendleton, a small town that borders Clemson, the namesake of the public university well-known for its NCAA football team.

Married South Carolina couple charged with brutally killing 4 members of their own family

Dec 16th, 2023, 5:28 pm

The sheriff described the daughter allegedly reporting the grim find and ensuing 911 call as “the foundation of the case” but was largely reticent to disclose additional details about the murders and investigation. Instead, he implored the media to attend the courtroom proceedings and suggested any information that he divulged to the press might be used against the state by the defense.

“They were senselessly and brutally murdered,” McBride went on to say during the press conference. “It was a bad scene. It was probably what some of our folks would probably say was one of the worst things they’d ever seen. It was gruesome. It was gory. And it was just a devastating scene to see.”

The Vilardis lived on the same property as the victims at the time of the killings but in a separate house on Refuge Road in Pendleton, a small town that borders Clemson, the namesake of the public university well-known for its NCAA football team.

Married South Carolina couple charged with brutally killing 4 members of their own family

Dec 16th, 2023, 5:28 pm

I remember when this happened. My husband and I are graduates of Clemson and bought a house in Clemson that year with plans to retire there one day. I remember thinking, reading about the crime early on, that somehow the daughter was involved.
Everything the sheriff says is odd. The “foundation of the case” is the reporting of the crime and the “ensuing 911 call”? What does that even mean? The daughter reported it, then someone else called 911? The daughter reported it, then called 911, but the information she gave was contradictory?
The weirdest is the statement that if he releases information to the press, the defense might use it against the state. What? If you finally have enough to charge them then I would think you would be confident enough not to worry about that.
Just weird.

I remember when this happened. My husband and I are graduates of Clemson and bought a house in Clemson that year with plans to retire there one day. I remember thinking, reading about the crime early on, that somehow the daughter was involved.
Everything the sheriff says is odd. The “foundation of the case” is the reporting of the crime and the “ensuing 911 call”? What does that even mean? The daughter reported it, then someone else called 911? The daughter reported it, then called 911, but the information she gave was contradictory?
The weirdest is the statement that if he releases information to the press, the defense might use it against the state. What? If you finally have enough to charge them then I would think you would be confident enough not to worry about that.
Just weird.

This all puzzles me too and I can only guess that her phone call was a giveaway at some point like when the alibi gets tossed out quick. I completely agree with your last statement and I saw that locally when a cold case arrest was made and then dropped by the state and LE said they “were still getting evidence” so I wondered the same.

Just weird.
Sheriff wanting to keep investigation close to the vest? Yes, hard to follow article at times. moo

Here is an article claiming Amy made the 911 call.

From the article:

The victims had already been dead for days when deputies arrived on the scene in response to a 911 call from Amy on Nov. 2, 2015, according to Hill.

First Published: 11:52 AM PST, December 18, 2023

Last edited:
Hey first post here and just jumping in:

I suspect the cash found in their trailer was pivotal in them becoming suspects.

So I am guessing the couple had an alibi for where they were for the 4 days...and apparently LE had found proof that the alibis were fake....so was that enough for them to make the arrests.

What else led to their arrest do you think?

Hey first post here and just jumping in:

I suspect the cash found in their trailer was pivotal in them becoming suspects.

So I am guessing the couple had an alibi for where they were for the 4 days...and apparently LE had found proof that the alibis were fake....so was that enough for them to make the arrests.

What else led to their arrest do you think?

I’m sure the suspects knew that they would be looked at closely. The sheriff bringing up the 911 call makes me think they gave some kind of indication then or just acted too strange on the scene.

'I think we knew this day would come,' said Anderson County Sheriff Chad McBride.

'I think we knew in the back of our mind, it was just you know, there's a lot of pieces to have to put together and just a lot of hard work and effort.'

Not exactly proficient with his words, but then neither am I. :rolleyes:

Sad that it took so long, but thinking about the problem with familicides (is that the correct word for this crime ?); the perp's dna would already be there in the house, and if there were no security cameras that wouldn't help matters.
The two oldest victims were 80 and 82 !
Horrid to think of living that long and to end up brutally murdered by people you thought you could trust.

Sorry for the mom, Cathy, and stepdad Mike.
Wonder if there were inheritance issues or money arguments ?

From the above link :

"... Six months later they sued police in an bid to recover property seized during the investigation, including two cars, 18 firearms and $60,000 in cash.
Dailymail.com revealed at the time that Vilardi had been arguing with her mother and had not allowed her to see her four and six-year-old grandchildren between the start of July and the end of October.

..... the day before the murders, she posted a Facebook message suggesting the family dispute was over.

'Everything looking better. Prayers answered,' she wrote...."

Red emphasis mine.
Sure ... prayers were answered. *cue sarcasm*
This gruesome despicable pair had decided to kill everyone.
What vicious lowlifes, Amy and Rosmore.

Rest in gentle peace to the victims.
How heartbreaking to be killed by your own flesh and blood.
Omo.

Last edited:
Sheriff wanting to keep investigation close to the vest? Yes, hard to follow article at times. moo

Here is an article claiming Amy made the 911 call.

From the article:

The victims had already been dead for days when deputies arrived on the scene in response to a 911 call from Amy on Nov. 2, 2015, according to Hill.

First Published: 11:52 AM PST, December 18, 2023

This article had a lot of interesting information.
The fact that the mother got the worst of it probably says a lot about the relationship between her and her daughter.
I’m still not sure what kept LE from arresting them for so long. People have been arrested on a lot less.

Haven't read into this case yet but I'm just wondering how it took 4 years to arrest the most obvious suspects?
Ita.
And, it sounds like it was longer than that, according to the link.
A lot of questions about this case !!!!
They say, 'follow the money', well, that took only six months after the murders, so ....
Omo.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members