CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Werner:

Werner is explaining the definition of reasonable doubt.

The defendant is presumed to be innocent. No evidence has been presented thus far. What attorneys say is not evidence.

Improper question: defendant did something wrong since she was arrested. Being accused is not evidence.

Only evidence sufficient beyond a reasonable doubt is considered guilty.

Every element charged by the state must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden of proof is on the prosecution only.

Can't hold not testifying against the defendant.

Number one fear is public speaking.

Regardless of who testifies, the question remains the same: has the prosecution proven every charge beyond a reasonable doubt?

Judge asking -- would you be able to give the defendant the presumption of innocence if she does not testify? Can you put that aside?

Three jurors raised their hands. Can't hear the response.

One juror states: evil is evil (sanity/insanity).

Judge explains: The question really is some cases attract more media than others. What jurors heard/read in media is NOT evidence.

One juror does not have an issue with media or a child victim but difficulty with NGRI defense. Judge asks if she can listen to the evidence and make a determination after hearing evidence including expert witness testimony (will also receive court's instruction here on NGRI).

Judge: Even if you heard/read something in media -- raise your hand if you can't get past info from any media source including the internet.

Juror 38: has not talked before. Juror lived in the same neighborhood.

The victim being a child and the serious charges against the defendant are an issue for another juror who otherwise thinks she can be a fair juror.

Asks counsel to approach...

ETA: Jurors are shown the witness list and asked if they know anybody on the list that may be called to give testimony. One juror knows Detective Bowman (next-door neighbor).

Another male juror went to HS with two witnesses on the list (graduated 2007). Says he would believe the witness based on his character. Judge asks counsel (off record) whether or not either witness will be called as a witness. They are checking.

Last edited:
Yep. Seen that coming. He got quite the interview, didn't our Spencer?
What’s funny is that SW didn’t contact or approach her for an interview.
He and his crew were in the neighborhood reporting on the candlelight vigil planned for that evening- filming all the neighbors putting up blue ribbons and balloons ( Gannon’s favorite color.)

LS ,being the attention hog that she is approached Spencer and wanted to “ tell her side of the story.”

What’s funny is that SW didn’t contact or approach her for an interview.
He and his crew were in the neighborhood reporting on the candlelight vigil planned for that evening- filming all the neighbors putting up blue ribbons and balloons ( Gannon’s favorite color.)

LS ,being the attention hog that she is approached Spencer and wanted to “ tell her side of the story.”

Right? And she had Gannon in the back of the van in the background as she accosted him and gave her "interview" :mad:

Werner just excused Jurors 1-7, 9, 10, 15, 25, 26, 35, 40, 41, *48, 53, 54, 55, 28, 30, 42, 43, 46, 47, 56, 62, 67, *69, 70, 71, 73, 75.

Left 31, 59, in place (active military).

* previously excused.

ETA: Unless the seat number was changed, Juror 31 aka the fancy purse juror.

Were these jurors on the "potential jury" to appear on 4/3 already? Or this is a new bunch for today?

TIA! :)

Were these jurors on the "potential jury" to appear on 4/3 already? Or this is a new bunch for today?

TIA! :)

I believe the goal is to have 110 potential jurors to select from on April 3, where 75 new jurors arrived at court beginning last Monday, Tues, and Weds, each. No court on Thursday, and I'm not certain if 75 ^additional^ new jurors on Friday or today/Monday.

No MSM for Friday to confirm and no journalists tweeting today. JMO

Last edited:
I believe the goal is to have 110 potential jurors to select from on April 3, where 75 new jurors arrived at court beginning last Monday, Tues, and Weds, each. No court on Thursday, and I'm not certain if 75 new jurors on Friday or today/Monday.

No MSM for Friday to confirm and no journalists tweeting today. JMO

I think its 75 new jurors per day until they have reached 110 to return on 3rd April. JMO

This is a new bunch so I'm confused on fancy purse potential #31. @Seattle1 Explain, plz! LOL

When Judge Werner announced this morning that two juror numbers were previously dismissed (48, 69), I was not sure if we had a new group of 75 today or not. I could be wrong that today does include an additional 75 and therefore juror 31 is an altogether different candidate. o_O JMO

I think its 75 new jurors per day until they have reached 110 to return on 3rd April. JMO
Thanks. OK, we know 31 juror candidates were dismissed before recess for lunch today. But I don't know the count on Friday asked to return since no tweets or MSM confirmed the number at the end of the day.

ETA: No worries. @Cindizzi will set us straight by the end of the day. She's the rockstar here with a super memory chip. :cool: xx

Last edited:
When Judge Werner announced this morning that two juror numbers were previously dismissed (48, 69), I was not sure if we had a new group of 75 today or not. I could be wrong that today does include an additional 75 and therefore juror 31 is an altogether different candidate. o_O JMO
Every day until they get their 110 jurors (or April 3rd comes) we'll have impostors sitting in #31s seat.

Are they on a recess break? I've been connected for awhile, but haven't heard any talking.

Every day until they get their 110 jurors (or April 3rd comes) we'll have impostors sitting in #31s seat. @justme11
__________ [broken quote]_____________.

Thanks for setting me straight.

However, whoever seats #31 and 59 are, I'm pretty sure they must be holdovers from Friday because Judge did not talk to them today but recalled each is active military and would only need a note from the court to be excused from duty. (Unless Judge Werner talked to them off record). MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member