TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN just said shooter resented having to attend Christian school. Per manifesto.

OK, so take it up with the people who sent you there, don't kill innocent kids 15 years after you left there!.

I resent the fact that my mum bought my sister a Wendy house when I was the one who wanted one, haven't killed either of them yet :rolleyes:

In a brief phone interview with ABC News, Hale's mother, Norma Hale, said, "It is very, very difficult right now" for the family, before asking for privacy.

"I think I lost my daughter today," she said.

A neighbor of the family told ABC News that Audrey Hale lived at the family's home with Hale's parents, who the neighbor described as "very nice" and "very religious."

Hale graduated from Nashville's Nossi College of Art & Design in 2022, school president and CEO Cyrus Vatandoost confirmed to ABC News.

"While at our school, she was a talented artist and a good student," Vatandoost said of Hale. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family, to the victims and their families and to our city."

A post on the school's Facebook that has since been removed indicated that Hale earned at least one award for strong academic performance.

"Aside from art, I enjoy binging on video games, watching movies, and playing sports," Hale wrote on a personal website. "There is a child-like part about me that loves to go run to the playground. Animals are my second passion, so I also enjoy spending time with my two cats."

*eta:
Disturbing social media messages have emerged sent by Audrey Elizabeth Hale, the suspect in the Monday’s shooting at a Christian elementary school in Nashville, Tennessee, moments before the massacre took place in which Hale wishes farewell to a friend and states: “One day this will make more sense. I’ve left behind more than enough evidence behind. But something bad is about to happen.” bbm

Last edited:
Yeah. Read the book by Dylan Klebold's mother, she identified as a "mother of a suicide victim". Who was involved in "hurting" people due to the toxic bullying environment he was subjected to...well, she could re-frame it however she wanted, as a victim. But her son was a psychopath child murderer.
YES! I read that book and it made me so angry!! This is what I said about it on Goodreads:

I was a senior in high school when the Columbine shootings happened and vividly remember watching the television footage that afternoon. I have never blamed the parents of the shooters for the lives that were stolen that day, but this book makes me wonder about some things.
Klebold, willingly or unwillingly, tries to direct the reader's focus outward by pointing out things of little importance. Like the fact that their house wasn't really as nice as it appeared in the aerial shots on TV. I mean, their pool "didn't hold water" and there were six-foot weeds on the tennis courts!

For all the times Klebold claims she's not trying to justify her son's "harmful" (her word) actions, she makes excuses twice as many. Of course, it troubles Klebold that her son "participated" (again, her word) in the events that occurred on April 20, 1999, but it bothers her more that the public persists in seeing these acts solely as murders.

In addition to her misdirection attempts, Klebold tries to distance her son from the depravity of his actions by focusing on his suicide. She sees herself, first and foremost, as a suicide-loss survivor and speaks at length about her son's struggle with loneliness and depression. After consulting with a psychologist who specializes in school shootings (Peter Langman), he reviewed her son's writings and shared his findings with her.

Langman suspects Dylan had schizotypal personality disorder, avoidant disorder, and suffered from depression. Klebold seems to have cherry picked out the depression and ignored everything else, but depression is commonly seen in patients diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder. She can dress it up however she likes, but schizotypal personality disorder is just that -- a PERSONALITY disorder. It is not a mood disorder. This was not just some moody kid.

Despite Klebold's willingness to attribute her son's actions to his "brain illness," Eric Harris doesn’t get the same pass because Langman said he was "a psychopath". I hate to be the one to burst her bubble, but "a psychopath" is just a glorified way to describe someone with anti-social personality disorder. It seems they both had personality disorders, (according to Langman, at least), but Klebold is unwilling to assign the same level of blame to her son.

She downplays his role in the tragedy by saying things like he “harmed" people. More than once she refers to boys and their known penchant for making "dumb" decisions. I’m sorry, but no. Lady, your son did a lot more than make harmful and dumb decisions.

Your son EXECUTED his fellow classmates -- shooting several of them in the head at point-blank range. Your son mocked students for their faith in God. He yelled out racial epithets. In the Basement Tapes, your son predicted and mocked your current feelings of regret — "If only we could have reached them sooner."

Klebold claims there were no signs but then goes on to list all of the signs that were missed. She says she’s accepted her son's role in the tragedy but then uses minimizing language and makes excuses for his actions. I just found the whole thing offensive to the victims of this horrible tragedy.

Averianna Patton said she saw the message that Hale planned to die by suicide and that Patton would see it on the news. In the messages Patton provided to NewsChannel 5, Hale told Patton she would see her again in another life. Hale told Patton about no longer wanting to live and the need to die.

"One day this will make more sense," Hale wrote. "I've left behind more than enough evidence behind. But something bad is about to happen."

Averianna Patton said she saw the message that Hale planned to die by suicide and that Patton would see it on the news. In the messages Patton provided to NewsChannel 5, Hale told Patton she would see her again in another life. Hale told Patton about no longer wanting to live and the need to die.

"One day this will make more sense," Hale wrote. "I've left behind more than enough evidence behind. But something bad is about to happen."

"One day this will make more sense"

That's pretty hard to believe, isn't it?
What 'left-behind-evidence' could possibly lead to this making any sense at all?

It will never make sense.

Drake did not give a specific motive when asked by reporters but gave chilling examples of the shooter’s prior planning for the targeted attack.

“We have a manifesto, we have some writings that we’re going over that pertain to this date, the actual incident,” he said. “We have a map drawn out of how this was all going to take place.”

Writings that pertain to this date?

Drake did not give a specific motive when asked by reporters but gave chilling examples of the shooter’s prior planning for the targeted attack.

“We have a manifesto, we have some writings that we’re going over that pertain to this date, the actual incident,” he said. “We have a map drawn out of how this was all going to take place.”

Writings that pertain to this date?
I assume he wrote a plan for the actions he was going to take that day. The sort that write manifestos always seem to write a plan.

MOO

A self-portrait of “Audrey the Artist” claimed the soon-to-be mass killer was “on a mission to change the world.”

“My illustrations usually bring a whimsical and light-hearted feel,” wrote Hale, who appeared to recently start using “he/ him” pronouns and the name Aiden but whose mom on Monday referred to as “her daughter.”

Hale's art devoted to The Shining.
However, a section of Hale’s online “AH Illustrations” portfolio is devoted to the title “Mad World” — while a prominent illustration is an homage to the threat of murder in the 1980 horror flick “The Shining.”

That illustration uses typed words to create an image of Jack Nicholson, whose lead in Stanley Kubrick’s 1980 movie is deemed one of the most chilling in film history.

"We strongly believe there was going to be some other targets, including maybe family members, and one of the malls here in Nashville," Drake said. "And that just did not happen."

"We have a manifesto, we have a booklet, that shows the exactly what she had planned to do," Drake said. "We have maps that show the entry point into the school, the weapons that were going to be used, the clothing that she was gonna wear, and she had drawn it up, almost like a cartoon character. It was exactly what she had on during this incident."

The fact AH was contemplating other locations makes me think that the main motive behind this wasn't anything to do with the school. They may have had resentment towards the school, but that wasn't the reason they decided to go on a killing spree. While they may have targeted the head of school, im not sure they would've even known that one of the children was the child of a pastor.

The fact AH was contemplating other locations makes me think that the main motive behind this wasn't anything to do with the school. They may have had resentment towards the school, but that wasn't the reason they decided to go on a killing spree. While they may have targeted the head of school, im not sure they would've even known that one of the children was the child of a pastor.

I agree.

The shooter was so young when attending this school and it seemed it was only for two years. What the heck happened in that time to have such an impact? Perhaps the school was just a symbol of something more in the shooter's life....

2 years?

Started there the last 2 or the first 2?

I want to be in the news . going with a bang .doing bad things to make the world pay for what they done to me and pay attention to me at last .. is the usual slogan for these evil actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave