UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe GP as well. Listen, I respect a wealthy/celeb woman who doesn’t pander and try to act like the every woman. She’s rich. She wears $75k outfits to court dripping in $65k worth of gold Jewlery. She’s somewhat haughty. She complains that she lost out on a half day’s ski. Meanwhile the man had 4 broken ribs and a concussion.

Many in the media are skewering GP for all these irrelevant details. But to me this makes her more credible. If she showed up to court in J.Crew and tried to act like she was happy to be there and showed phony sympathy for the plaintiff, she’d be skewered for being phony and she would be incredible.

People being themselves are more believable. I can’t stand wealthy people trying to appear relatable. You’re not relatable and your life is so far removed from these jurors lives and she doesn’t pretend otherwise!

Sounds like a simple argument - symptoms that the plaintiff experiences today are related to age rather than the ski crash. That does open the question of : what is the cut off age where similar injuries/ symptoms cannot be attributed to age?

For example, is everyone over the age of 50 with similar crash injuries automatically ineligible for brain injury compensation on the basis that injuries mimic age-related mental deterioration?
No, but this particular person had a lot of age related issues already, prior to the accident. And I think there is a good chance that his physical deficits helped cause the accident.

Am I the only one wondering how come neither side was able to locate the woman who was slowly skiing behind them? It would seem to me that she would have had the best vantage point to see the collision in front of her. I would think a good private investigator could have identified her.
I also believe that she might be the one that let out the loud scream right before the accident.

I have skied for many years. I have seen a few accidents about to happen----I saw a snowboarder about to run into a young boy, and I screamed really loud, without even meaning to. [Luckly he averted the situation by making sudden turn.]

Question from a newbie. If they have the video, how come they haven't shown it yet?

I found CR's testimony somewhat off and to me it didn't appear credible. JMO.
I wonder if there has been some collaboration between CR and TS?
MOO
if you listen to Christensen and Whitney that took him down on tobaggen CR seemed to be the one that discovered it was GP and he became verbal about this...I think he told TS and I think CR is just as bad as TS and yes they have been colluding for 7 years. The guy is slippery ...comes to court disheveled and was a terrible witness who really saw nothing. I have to believe Eric etc. over him.

I think part of the problem is that TS doesn’t have to pay for this lawsuit. It’s on a contingency basis. That’s great for real victims of course. But it’s also great for litigious people .

The fact that his own lawyers rushed to get him off the stand is telling IMO. At one point he asked if he should give an example of how things changed, and his lawyer was like ‘no thanks we need to move on.’ If you genuinely believe your client was a victim of a negligent celebrity you wouldn’t do that. I wonder if the lawyers only took this case for the publicity.

I think all the "hints" about a go pro video are bogus and were meant as intimidation to get an advanced settlement.
MOO
i also think the magic "link" is nothing other than showing TS changed passwords and tried to not have it come in. Again he has a very poor team of 3rd tier lawyers or at least that is how they come off.

I think part of the problem is that TS doesn’t have to pay for this lawsuit. It’s on a contingency basis. That’s great for real victims of course. But it’s also great for litigious people .

The fact that his own lawyers rushed to get him off the stand is telling IMO. At one point he asked if he should give an example of how things changed, and his lawyer was like ‘no thanks we need to move on.’ If you genuinely believe your client was a victim of a negligent celebrity you wouldn’t do that. I wonder if the lawyers only took this case for the publicity.
they did but they got on the wrong team. It can really backfire and I sure would not want them representing me.

if you listen to Christensen and Whitney that took him down on tobaggen CR seemed to be the one that discovered it was GP and he became verbal about this...I think he told TS and I think CR is just as bad as TS and yes they have been colluding for 7 years. The guy is slippery ...comes to court disheveled and was a terrible witness who really saw nothing. I have to believe Eric etc. over him.
Totally agree and I believe the jury is getting a good read on who are the truth tellers, and who are the opportunists in this case. Closing arguments should be interesting.

I don't think having kids testify via depo is worth the time...one is on spring break per GP and other I guess can't miss school?

I don't think having kids testify via depo is worth the time...one is on spring break per GP and other I guess can't miss school?
I agree, waste of time. No one is claiming the kids saw anything? But maybe they can testify GP wasn’t watching them or the boy wasn’t yelling at her? Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong