TX - Zi'Ariel Robinson Oliver, 9, A'Miyah Hughes, 8, and Te'Mari Robinson Oliver, 5, accidental drowning now homicide by strangulation, Cass Co., 2022

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score

Snipped:
Three Texas sisters who were thought to have drowned in their neighbor's pond were actually strangled before they were dumped, an autopsy has found.

It was originally believed Zi'Ariel Robinson Oliver, 9, A'Miyah Hughes, 8, and Te'Mari Robinson Oliver, 5, drowned after a dive team pulled their bodies from the pond on a neighboring property on July 22, 2022.

But Cass County District Attorney Courtney Shelton said in a statement Thursday the girls died by strangulation and suffered lacerations to their faces.

On Thursday, Cass County District Attorney Courtney Shelton revealed that authorities are treating the deaths as homicides and urged the public to come forward with any information about what happened.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, the victims have been identified as sisters 9-year-old Zi’Ariel Robinson-Oliver, 8-year-old A’Miyah Hughes, and 5-year-old Te’Mari Robinson-Oliver.

Their cousin, Paris Propps, was responsible for watching them while their mother was at work on July 29, 2022. But around 9 p.m. that evening, Propps reported the girls missing. Hours later, authorities recovered the girls’ bodies from a neighbor’s pond.

Autopsies revealed evidence of strangulation and lacerations to the girls’ faces, according to KSLA-TV. Police have conducted interviews and are testing DNA evidence, but no details were released about whether investigators have identified any suspects or a potential motive.

The girls also had lacerations on their faces, authorities said.

More information here: Mom Speaks Out After 3 Daughters Are Strangled, Dumped in Pond
Oliver’s 31-year-old cousin was babysitting the kids and their three siblings, who were unharmed, at the time while Oliver was at work.

Oliver, 28, got a call from the cousin, who was using a neighbor’s phone, at around 9 p.m. on July 29, she told The Daily Beast. He told her simply “that my kids were missing,” Oliver recalled.

“He didn’t say how many, he just said ‘missing,’” Oliver said on Sunday. “So as I’m driving home, I’m calling 911—something that he should have done from the jump, and then call me.”

So you have a 31 year old male cousin watching six young kids, they go missing, he calls the mom who calls 911 on her way home. Single mom, 28, with six kids, working as a CNA. Not sure what the daylight is like the end of July at 9 pm, how normal it would have been for the kids to be out playing (the other three seem to be younger, going off of social media, the oldest born in 2017?). Has LE looked for people in neighborhood with prior convictions? How long had the girls been gone? How close was the cousin paying attention? Like had it been hours since he last saw them, or 30 minutes? Just heartbreaking, these kids, this mom.

From same article: Mom Speaks Out After 3 Daughters Are Strangled, Dumped in Pond

Now, Oliver’s cousin, who did not answer phone calls or respond to email requests for comment, is being prevented from speaking to investigators by his mother—Oliver’s aunt—according to Oliver.

“Why won’t [she] let him talk to the police, or take him down to the police?” Oliver said. “...All I want is justice for my babies.”

The cousin, for his part, has a relatively minor criminal history that includes misdemeanor weapons, narcotics, and criminal mischief arrests.

I'm sorry but in what universe is Paris Propps, aged 31, being "prevented" from talking by his mother? It's not up to his mother to "let" him do anything. I don't get the blame or anger toward the cousin's mother. Feels to me like the anger should be directed to the person who she entrusted her children to while at work? What am I missing here?

Mr. Propps has some 'splaining to do and if LE want to talk to him they dang well will do so, mommy or no.

I'm sorry but in what universe is Paris Propps, aged 31, being "prevented" from talking by his mother? It's not up to his mother to "let" him do anything. I don't get the blame or anger toward the cousin's mother. Feels to me like the anger should be directed to the person who she entrusted her children to while at work? What am I missing here?

Mr. Propps has some 'splaining to do and if LE want to talk to him they dang well will do so, mommy or no.
Is it true that unless an arrest warrant is issued, a person does not have to speak to LE? Is it true that people will follow the recommendations of family or lawyers when it comes to speaking to LE? What would LE need to do to compel this cousin to speak to them if he (or those he is listening to) refuses to voluntarily do so?

A good local article. East Texas officials looking for new information in connection to 2022 homicides of 3 children
Says children reported missing about 9 pm. That's as mom was driving home from work after cousin called her from a neighbor's phone. (So cousin did not have a phone? And most likely the house didn't have a phone, cell phones have become home phones for so many now. How long from when children went missing to when cousin noticed to when cousin took the effort to go to a neighbors to call?)

“Multiple witness statements have been obtained, DNA testing is ongoing, and the investigation will continue,” the DA’s office said.

Is it true that unless an arrest warrant is issued, a person does not have to speak to LE? Is it true that people will follow the recommendations of family or lawyers when it comes to speaking to LE? What would LE need to do to compel this cousin to speak to them if he (or those he is listening to) refuses to voluntarily do so?
Absolutely - Mr. Propps has the same right anyone else does to remain silent and refuse to talk with police. Given he was the last adult to see the 3 dead children, who were in his care and custody, I doubt a refusal to cooperate will do anything other than LE getting a warrant that will force him to at least sit in a room with them refusing on the record to assist in a murder investigation.

He is at the very least a key witness and likely a POI. So I guess it depends on how he would like to be viewed, as a cooperating witness or the prime suspect. Either way, at 31, his mother has no say at all in whether he talks to police. Ultimately Propps must decide. His lack of cooperation has placed him at the tippy top of my suspect list.

More information here: Mom Speaks Out After 3 Daughters Are Strangled, Dumped in Pond
Oliver’s 31-year-old cousin was babysitting the kids and their three siblings, who were unharmed, at the time while Oliver was at work.

Oliver, 28, got a call from the cousin, who was using a neighbor’s phone, at around 9 p.m. on July 29, she told The Daily Beast. He told her simply “that my kids were missing,” Oliver recalled.

“He didn’t say how many, he just said ‘missing,’” Oliver said on Sunday. “So as I’m driving home, I’m calling 911—something that he should have done from the jump, and then call me.”

So you have a 31 year old male cousin watching six young kids, they go missing, he calls the mom who calls 911 on her way home. Single mom, 28, with six kids, working as a CNA. Not sure what the daylight is like the end of July at 9 pm, how normal it would have been for the kids to be out playing (the other three seem to be younger, going off of social media, the oldest born in 2017?). Has LE looked for people in neighborhood with prior convictions? How long had the girls been gone? How close was the cousin paying attention? Like had it been hours since he last saw them, or 30 minutes? Just heartbreaking, these kids, this mom.
What time did this happen? When they went missing. Where was the cousin? Did the cousin have people over? Why is there no info about this case other than autopsy results?

I have been digging around to see what I can find about the named person, Paris Propps (PP). Some articles say the cousin was female. Other articles say male. However, in my sleuthing, I found images of a PP from arrest in 2018, on his mother's Twitter. Definitely male. MSM has said PP has arrest record.

FB for a PP is wiped clean, though friends list is still there, and the girls' mother is listed as a friend. Paris Propps

In some articles, PP is listed as the mother's cousin. In other articles, as the three girls' cousin. With blended families and extended families, the use of the term "cousin" can mean many things. So hard to say how the mom and 6 kids are related to PP and his mother.

Found obituary of a CS, who's wife LS goes by middle name of Propps. They have a son, PP, who would be about 30 now. From same area of TX. Residence is off Hwy 77, outside of Atlanta, Tx. The video in this article has sign saying "3319 Cass County" which is the same as the home address of LS. So pretty confident this is the location. There are ponds nearby as well as burned out trailer and abandoned buildings on the property. This is the mother of the PP who has an arrest record. Wonder if they all lived nearby, or had homes on the same property. The other son listed in the obituary (KP) is in prison for life, after conviction double murder in 2018, under name KS. This article quotes his mother, LPS https://www.ksla.com/2022/06/16/kev...-capital-murders-donnie-combs-cynthia-arnold/ KP/KS's uncle was also charged, and has many other charges, including SA.

From what I have found, most of which I can't post because it relates to people who are not named in MSM (i.e. not PP) there is a lot more going on here. Hoping LE has a lot more that what is being shared in MSM.

So very sorry for what happened to these beautiful children.

Now advocates are stepping in to demand answers. On April 3, Minister Quanell X, the leader of the New Black Panther Nation, traveled four hours from Houston to hold a press conference in Cass County and demanded that the FBI and Department of Justice step in to investigate. The FBI has not responded to a request for comment from Yahoo News.

Quanell X stood beside the mother of the Oliver sisters during the press conference. “She was told that they drowned, but she always had a suspicious feeling that the girls did not drown. Well, her suspicions were confirmed by the autopsies,” Quanell told Yahoo News.

The Cass County District Attorney’s Office is currently working with the Texas Rangers and the sheriff’s office to investigate the murders. “Multiple witness statements have been obtained, DNA testing is ongoing, and the investigation will continue,” according to a statement obtained by Yahoo News from the district attorney’s office.

I can't find any updates :(

I do wonder though, the ages of the three siblings PP was supervising who did not die that day. Depending on their ages, I wonder what they have had to say about the events that day? If PP is responsible for the murders, where were the other 3 sibs when that was happening?

So many questions, so little info to go on. Still sticks in my craw that PP is uncooperative with the investigation.

I can't believe there's not any updates about this. How could something like this happen and none knows anything?
<modsnip>When have the police ever cared if someone was "willing" to be interviewed?? Children are dead and only one adult was caring for them at the time of their deaths. That alone has been enough for other police departments to hold POIs for questioning, why is it different here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back