Found Deceased WA - Julie Montague Ayers, 67, got separated from her partner while walking the dog, has dementia, Mt Baker Natl Forest, Kendall, 10 Mar 2023

I have no knowledge of the area unfortunately.
Just trying to understand why that particular car seems to be singled out.
Maybe they struck her and they picked her up?
Could she have succumbed to injuries while in the car and they panicked?
I have no idea at all, just speculating why this vehicle may be involved or have information.

JMO
The only thing that makes me think she wasn't in a hit & run, is that if there was blood on the road or skid marks, then the police, the search parties and dogs would have noticed it.

Although no guarantee there would be blood, I suppose.

The only thing that makes me think she wasn't in a hit & run, is that if there was blood on the road or skid marks, then the police, the search parties and dogs would have noticed it.

Although no guarantee there would be blood, I suppose.

Do we know for certain that there were no skid marks or blood? That would make the vehicle even more of interest.

Not being cheeky at all, just wondering if we know for sure that these things are verified.

JMO

Do we know for certain that there were no skid marks or blood? That would make the vehicle even more of interest.

Not being cheeky at all, just wondering if we know for sure that these things are verified.

JMO
The police haven't said anything at all, even at the beginning. But then, perhaps they wouldn't.
So it's hard to know if anything is brewing or even any new developments, apart from this car suddenly being of interest.

perhaps the ring camera that held the vehicle image is in the same area that would have shown the couple walking to the trail from their home...yet there was no couple on the ring camera that day. So LE would like to talk to the driver to see if he/she saw them walking. MOO

I'm not sure what to make of LE's recent request to speak with the driver of the gray sedan spotted on surveillance footage the morning of Julie's disappearance. Supposedly Julie and her partner were in the forest walking at 9:30am, so I'm not sure what information the driver of the car would be able to provide that would be useful unless LE thinks Julie never went on the walk in the first place.
I have wondered that same thing---Is there any proof that she did go on that walk that morning?

I'm not sure what to make of LE's recent request to speak with the driver of the gray sedan spotted on surveillance footage the morning of Julie's disappearance. Supposedly Julie and her partner were in the forest walking at 9:30am, so I'm not sure what information the driver of the car would be able to provide that would be useful unless LE thinks Julie never went on the walk in the first place.

Could Julie have told her partner that she was heading back, and he continued on the hike, but she never made it back home? Was she seen on camera heading home until the grey sedan went by?

I saw the update about the gray sedan from local FB news sources and I got very confused, as it appears most of us are! I wonder if they think the driver may have witnessed something occur between Julie and another person?
I hate to say it, but I am also starting to wonder if there is a chance Julie didn't go on the walk...JMO

perhaps the ring camera that held the vehicle image is in the same area that would have shown the couple walking to the trail from their home...yet there was no couple on the ring camera that day. So LE would like to talk to the driver to see if he/she saw them walking. MOO

That sounds possible and they may be hoping the car has dash cam footage as well that may be useful.

I saw the update about the gray sedan from local FB news sources and I got very confused, as it appears most of us are! I wonder if they think the driver may have witnessed something occur between Julie and another person?
I hate to say it, but I am also starting to wonder if there is a chance Julie didn't go on the walk...JMO
We had a local senior go missing and police said they were looking for a specific car in relation to her disappearance. It turned out that the missing senior was driving and pulled over. She got out of her vehicle and spoke with the people in the other car, and witnesses saw that.

She was asking them for directions, and they helped her and drove off. They had no idea she was having an episode of dementia. Unfortunately, she wandered off after they left and she was found deceased in a corn field.

Could Julie have told her partner that she was heading back, and he continued on the hike, but she never made it back home?
Julie could've told her partner anything and then 2 minutes later could not even have remembered what she said herself.

You can't trust someone with dementia to tell you the truth, as they don't know what the truth is. And if they do, it can change, or they can forget it.

I hope Julie's partner didn't trust her to walk home! I'm amazed he even let her out of his sight - even when sorting out the alleged missing dog!
Was she seen on camera heading home until the grey sedan went by?
Julie wasn't seen on any camera footage, sadly. (Well, none that has been released to the public anyway. But who knows what the police have.)

It doesn't seem like that grey car is typical for the area. If you see other cars in that photo, they tend to be workaday PNW-average...nothing flashy or "washed sedan". So, LE might already have checked in with everyone close, and this was the only car not accounted for.

I have wondered that same thing---Is there any proof that she did go on that walk that morning?

SEEN ON VIDEO

JMA can be seen walking behind her husband who has the leashed dog on a neighbor's ring cam video in this news report. To me that is documentation she left home but as to her being at the trailhead, we only have her husband's account AFAIK.

JMO

Last edited:
I wonder if the person who reported JA missing had been showing signs of cognitive impairment, too, and doesn't have perfect recall about where he leaves things, including his wife?

I'm guessing something else is going on in this case, and that's why details haven't been released. I agree, it's odd.

An idea I've had just from sleuthing JMA's prior addresses is that maybe she started walking back but headed for the nearby house where they used to live a few blocks away? She may have gotten lost, injured, etc., heading backwards further away from the trailhead & home.

I think Adventures With a Purpose might be helpful. Waterways within a 5+ mile radius need a detailed search.

MOO

It doesn't seem like that grey car is typical for the area. If you see other cars in that photo, they tend to be workaday PNW-average...nothing flashy or "washed sedan". So, LE might already have checked in with everyone close, and this was the only car not accounted for.
I hear you! That's a city car. Or someone with a nice white collar job that lives in the neat & tidy suburbs.
That's definitely not a typical rural WA/Oregon style car. It's not tough enough.
A PNW-style car would be older, more battered, muddier and probably more likely to be a pick-up truck or something with 4x4.

OK, some generalizations here, but that car really does look out of place!

I wonder if the person who reported JA missing had been showing signs of cognitive impairment, too, and doesn't have perfect recall about where he leaves things, including his wife?

I'm guessing something else is going on in this case, and that's why details haven't been released. I agree, it's odd.
Great point.

Yes, it could be that the husband has some memory issues or other aging vulnerabilities. And since he is assumed to be the last one to see her, that could be a real problem in the investigation.

I hear you! That's a city car. Or someone with a nice white collar job that lives in the neat & tidy suburbs.
That's definitely not a typical rural WA/Oregon style car. It's not tough enough.
A PNW-style car would be older, more battered, muddier and probably more likely to be a pick-up truck or something with 4x4.

OK, some generalizations here, but that car really does look out of place!
Yep, a PNW car for someone in that kind of area would be AWD or 4-wheel drive. Subaru and pickup country!

Look at those wheels and the great paint job and sleek lines on the grey car. Heck, it's a city car, all the mods and cons for major traffic...plush seats, probably loaded with electronics, not something you'd want to hop into in the pouring rain with muddy boots....

As someone from the area I actually don't think the sedan is very notable or out of the ordinary. JMO It's not the most typical car, but nothing crazy. Plus, even though it's gray and downcast a lot here, usually it's more of a light to medium rain rather than dumping buckets and creating a ton of mud (though there are definitely exceptions ;) ).

This is an interesting point that I'm definitely considering.

I agree that something else is going on behind the scenes but I'm not 100% sure exactly what.

Great point.

Yes, it could be that the husband has some memory issues or other aging vulnerabilities. And since he is assumed to be the last one to see her, that could be a real problem in the investigation.

Well, he didn't call the police until 4 hours after she went missing. Do you think he may have forgotten she we went missing?

For what it's worth, I personally don't think her husband has memory issues as well. It would be a very unlikely coincidence.

BUT - this case is .....odd.
And we do have to keep an open mind to anything. So let's not rule it out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back