Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

Didn’t Perkins allege that he was injecting Blue Magic which is Heroin? But no heroin in his system? That’s suspicious.
We don't know where all those rumours came from...clearly the autopsy puts them to rest.

Every drug can be mixed with fentanyl, and cocaine can can be smoked, snorted or injected.

Here's a story about another random victim who probably thought he'd bought cocaine, but got fentanyl with it. It's happened a lot in my region. Ravens, La. Tech standout LB died from fentanyl-laced cocaine, examiner says

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it makes sense to me that NM would want cocaine, as he'd stay alert for his morning meeting.

Thinking about DP's affidavid, what kind of dealer is going to allow a woman to sell his client her drugs? I now think he's just trying to cover up where his fentanyl-laced cocaine came from. I'm sure he has to protect that source, he'd be in big trouble if he revealed who that was. So maybe he talked up heroin to protect his source and his own livelihood/life when he gets out.

JMO

Last edited:
We don't know where all those rumours came from...clearly the autopsy puts them to rest.

Every drug can be mixed with fentanyl, and cocaine can can be smoked, snorted or injected.

Here's a story about another random victim who probably thought he'd bought cocaine, but got fentanyl with it. It's happened a lot in my region. Ravens, La. Tech standout LB died from fentanyl-laced cocaine, examiner says

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it makes sense to me that NM would want cocaine, as he'd stay alert for his morning meeting.

Thinking about DP's affidavid, what kind of dealer is going to allow a woman to sell his client her drugs? I now think he's just trying to cover up where his fentanyl-laced cocaine came from. I'm sure he has to protect that source, he'd be in big trouble if he revealed who that was. So maybe he talked up heroin to protect his source and his own livelihood/life when he gets out.

JMO
Great point. Thank you.

I doubt he was lying about the needles. He would have had track marks if he was a needle user, and the police would have made note of it because it plays into the investigation.

I just have to say, to no one in particular, the willingness of people to excuse one man in this story, while villainizing the other, is somewhat disturbing. Both men were addicts and are paying the price for their actions. What Perkins did with the body was wrong but according to the evidence police have gathered they don't believe he was involved with the drugs that were injected with a needle, so who is the public to step in and say it isn't true? People are in denial, because if they accept that Nathan made the decisions that lead to his death then they have to face the fact that this could happen to someone they love or trust. I dated a man who traveled for work and on every trip he would catch me up on what all the married men were up to on the trips. Between that relationship, and one with an addict, I learned that you really can't know what anyone does when they are out of sight, especially when it comes to addiction.
The autopsy would also confirm or discredit their story. NM either had injection marks on his body or he didn’t.
The police had many ways to corroborate their story.

Snipped<
I just have to say, to no one in particular, the willingness of people to excuse one man in this story, while villainizing the other, is somewhat disturbing. Both men were addicts and are paying the price for their actions. What Perkins did with the body was wrong but according to the evidence police have gathered they don't believe he was involved with the drugs that were injected with a needle, so who is the public to step in and say it isn't true? People are in denial, because if they accept that Nathan made the decisions that lead to his death then they have to face the fact that this could happen to someone they love or trust. I dated a man who traveled for work and on every trip he would catch me up on what all the married men were up to on the trips. Between that relationship, and one with an addict, I learned that you really can't know what anyone does when they are out of sight, especially when it comes to addiction.
I think it’s easy to understand how people who have a hard life can resort to using drugs in an attempt to find a glimmer of happiness and pleasure where there is none and not much to lose. Those among us living with deep traumas, some since birth, generational even, and carried into adulthood; poverty, abuse, instability, alienation, mental illness, have reasons.
It’s harder to understand when we see someone take risks with their life to “party” when they are successful in life and surrounded by a beautiful family and friends who adore and support them. Unfortunately we all are imperfect in some way or another, it’s the nature of being human.

Last edited:
Crack is made from cocaine. Heroin is now almost always cut with fentanyl because it is cheaper and stronger. Toxicology report matches up with what Perkins said Nathan consumed.

Pretty much everything is cut with fentanyl these days. Heroin, cocaine, etc. Opiate pills are pressed and presented as oxy but it's really fentanyl.

ETA: My friend works at the medical examiner's office here in my city and she has even seen marijuana related fentanyl OD's.

Last edited:
The reality is that you can have a wonderful life and still have trauma and still struggle with addiction. I think our society has a very skewed view of what an ‘addict’ looks like.

All of the ones I’ve known have been very successful. Happy seeming families and relationships. Great careers. Well educated. Perfect looking on the outside. The reality is that what people see on the outside is often not what’s going on on the inside. People who know me would say for example that I had a wonderful happy childhood, lovely supportive family, all the advantages in the world. Behind closed doors, it was very different. I’ve been very successful, great career, have a PhD, very happy marriage and two beautiful children, but it’s not been easy and I had a lot of trauma to deal with as an adult. I could very easily have ended up exactly as NM did. You don’t have to be a homeless junkie for it all to go this wrong.

I’ve not been at all surprised about any of this and actually from the start, what happened was exactly what I assumed. It very much fits the pattern of a relapsing addict.

Pretty much everything is cut with fentanyl these days. Heroin, cocaine, etc. Opiate pills are pressed and presented as oxy but it's really fentanyl.

ETA: My friend works at the medical examiner's office here in my city and she has even seen marijuana related fentanyl OD's.
This was discussed in one of the news programs a while back, all the fentanyl coming across the border now. It’s reportedly gotten really bad.
Anyone buying drugs off the street is putting their life at risk.

This was discussed in one of the news programs a while back, all the fentanyl coming across the border now. It’s reportedly gotten really bad.

Totally. It's a shame because so many addicts were created through prescription opiates (both through legal and illicit means) and then the government comes in and cracks down on that to where it's extremely challenging to get these drugs. Where do all those addicts go? Sure, some will try and get clean, but others than have to either choose between switching to something like heroin (which is going to be cut with fentanyl or the new flesh eating veterinarian drug) or trying to get pills off the street which are 99% of the time going to be fentanyl made in pill presses. When I look through my high school yearbook and count how many people are now dead due to OD's, it is absolutely staggering.

Just a side comment, but it appears the real source of fentanyl on the illegal drug scene is China. It's always been coming direct from China here in Canada, because of our trade ties.

Mexicans have learned to make fentanyl using chemicals from China, or just act as middlemen.

JMO

Last edited:
Do we know if Nathan had addiction issues or is occasionally a recreational drug user? Or do we think someone slipped it in his drink?
If he was out of town and wanted "to party" and use cocaine it was unwise to buy from someone you do not know is a huge mistake.
It sounds like a family man lead a second secret life or he made a bad decision to "party" with strangers that night. <modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know if Nathan had addiction issues or is occasionally a recreational drug user? Or do we think someone slipped it in his drink?
If he was out of town and wanted "to party" and use cocaine it was unwise to buy from someone you do not know is a huge mistake.
It sounds like a family man lead a second secret life or he made a bad decision to "party" with strangers that night. <modsnip: not an approved source>

I see it as a slippery slope. The addict starts with good intentions. Temptation gets stronger. Once someone falls to temptation, barriers fall. All the news stories about fentanyl don’t matter. The cravings are that strong.
My opinion is he wasn’t slipped anything, he just fell to his internal demons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s easy to understand how people who have a hard life can resort to using drugs in an attempt to find a glimmer of happiness and pleasure where there is none and not much to lose. Those among us living with deep traumas, some since birth, generational even, and carried into adulthood; poverty, abuse, instability, alienation, mental illness, have reasons.
It’s harder to understand when we see someone take risks with their life to “party” when they are successful in life and surrounded by a beautiful family and friends who adore and support them. Unfortunately we all are imperfect in some way or another, it’s the nature of being human.

On the flip side, I wouldn't assume that people who look like they are successful and surrounded by family and friends, don't have the same trauma and instability that others do. Some of most traumatized people I've known came from well-to-do families that looked like they had it all. I haven't kept up with this whole thread, but AFAIK, we don't know the demons that NM fought prior to his addiction. I'm not sure it matters in his case at the moment, but just saying we can't assume his spiral into addiction was born from a need to party even if on that particular night he lost control. Addiction is addiction. It hijacks your free will, no matter what your life is like.

JMO

Maybe they thought it was just cocaine, or maybe not. Combinations of opioids/opiates and cocaine (speedballs) have been around and abused for a long time, for example contributing to John Belushi's death, among others. Going way back, there was even once a legitimate pharmacy-prepped mixture of heroin and cocaine prescribed for cancer patients known as Brompton's Cocktail.

When fentanyl (+/-heroin) and cocaine are deliberately combined it's known as a "super speedball". The DEA thinks most such mixtures, whether marketed as such or not, are mixed at the mid- to street-level rather than by bulk suppliers.

"Since 2013, laboratories from 36 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, DC have submitted reports of “speedball” and “super
speedball” mixtures to NFLIS. From 2013 to 2017, these reports have increased nearly 15,000 percent from only 18 reports in five states in 2013 to 2,695 in 34 states"

The reality is that you can have a wonderful life and still have trauma and still struggle with addiction. I think our society has a very skewed view of what an ‘addict’ looks like.

All of the ones I’ve known have been very successful. Happy seeming families and relationships. Great careers. Well educated. Perfect looking on the outside. The reality is that what people see on the outside is often not what’s going on on the inside. People who know me would say for example that I had a wonderful happy childhood, lovely supportive family, all the advantages in the world. Behind closed doors, it was very different. I’ve been very successful, great career, have a PhD, very happy marriage and two beautiful children, but it’s not been easy and I had a lot of trauma to deal with as an adult. I could very easily have ended up exactly as NM did. You don’t have to be a homeless junkie for it all to go this wrong.

I’ve not been at all surprised about any of this and actually from the start, what happened was exactly what I assumed. It very much fits the pattern of a relapsing addict.
Great post. Thank you for sharing.

In a parish near me, this week LE had a huge fentanyl bust that could had killed 1 million plus. Equipment that is used to press the fentanyl into pills was discovered. This community is about an hour from Baton Rouge.
They may have gotten the dealer that supplied the drugs that killed NM.
Maybe some one turned him in for a lighter charge, busting the dealer in overdose deaths is the ultimate goal of the police. Every small dealer busted is given the chance to turn in his supplier and they go up the chain trying to reach the top.
St Landry Parish only has about 83,000 people, total, so most of those drugs were going somewhere else
Just sayin’ and Jmo

Enough Fentanyl to 'Kill Approximately 1,250,000 People' Discovered in Sunset Drug Bust
BBM
Based on information from the investigation - including surveillance, undercover work, and tips from the public - the man behind the operation was arrested.

Detectives also located four guns, a significant amount of U.S. paper currency ($18,660.00), suspected “crack” cocaine, suspected marijuana, suspected illegal manufactured xanax, hydrocodone , an assortment of other types of pills, 5.2 pounds of suspected fentanyl and packaging materials for distribution.

• Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin and 80-100 times stronger than morphine;
• 2 milligrams can be a considered a deadly dose to a person;
• 1 gram is equal to 1000 milligrams and can cause death to 500 people; and
• 55.6 % of drug overdoses are primarily due to fentanyl.

Sheriff Guidroz stated, “This is, by far, the most significant and largest fentanyl confiscation and also the most elaborate pill manufacturing operation in the history of St. Landry Parish.”

Last edited:
They may have gotten the dealer that supplied the drugs that killed NM.
Maybe some one turned him in for a lighter charge, busting the dealer in overdose deaths is the ultimate goal of the police. Every small dealer busted is given the chance to turn in his supplier and they go up the chain trying to reach the top.
St Landry Parish only has about 83,000 people, total, so most of those drugs were going somewhere else
Just sayin’ and Jmo

Enough Fentanyl to 'Kill Approximately 1,250,000 People' Discovered in Sunset Drug Bust
BBM
Based on information from the investigation - including surveillance, undercover work, and tips from the public - the man behind the operation was arrested.

Detectives also located four guns, a significant amount of U.S. paper currency ($18,660.00), suspected “crack” cocaine, suspected marijuana, suspected illegal manufactured xanax, hydrocodone , an assortment of other types of pills, 5.2 pounds of suspected fentanyl and packaging materials for distribution.

• Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin and 80-100 times stronger than morphine;
• 2 milligrams can be a considered a deadly dose to a person;
• 1 gram is equal to 1000 milligrams and can cause death to 500 people; and
• 55.6 % of drug overdoses are primarily due to fentanyl.

Sheriff Guidroz stated, “This is, by far, the most significant and largest fentanyl confiscation and also the most elaborate pill manufacturing operation in the history of St. Landry Parish.”
I live next door to this parish. It’s an small country parish that’s plagued by drug infested areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back